Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6956 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2004, 08:03:22 AM »
So now its the marines warcrime that the insurgents took back the mosque and started fighting again???

Marines were fired on from that mosque on saturday, the day of the final incident...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2004, 08:06:48 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Ah Eagler, so you mean it is not bad that war crimes are committed, only that they get captured on camera?

I do not see how it was a war crime.

they dont even know if this guy in question was one of the ones that were supposedly "Captured" the day before.
For all anyone knows this was quite possibly someone who hadnt surrendered, and may not have even been there the day before.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2004, 08:08:42 AM »
The Marine who committed the act needs to be brought up on charges.  That's all I will say in the matter.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2004, 08:09:38 AM »
Iraq really is Vietnam in a way, the media coverage.

Vietnam was the first "media war". This coverage resulted in a lot of the media attention being used against the soldiers on the home front.

In some ways, it's happening again...

Would prefer the media stayed in the rear, then maybe had a reporter come in and report on the situation well after organized hostilities have ceased.
-SW

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2004, 08:13:41 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well.. i know the polish and viking commie league is all wet and worked up about this but it might not be anything.   The enemy are all war criminals.. they are surrendering and faking death and then firing on soldiers... if a wounded war criminal (soldier dressed in civilian clothes) is laying wounded and makes any move at all.... I'm gonna put a dozen more rounds in him  

This is not a police stop this is war where you make a split second decision that may save a lot of fellow soldiers lives.   You may not make the best decision but you can't be held accountable if you say that you thought he was making a move.

a bunch of war criminals are faking being wo0unded or killed in order to booby trap soldiers.. if they move they get shot again.   good policy.

lazs

Tell ya what, if the only way to make sure a war criminal (dressing in civilian clothes and pretending to be dead) Doesnt commit another war crime (pretending to be dead then shooting) is to become a "War criminal" myself.
Guess I'd have to become a war criminal too.

Better to be a live "war criminal" then a dead sucker because I decided to play Mr nice nice ina war zone Where enemy combatants are dressing as civilains, pretending to be dead then shooting at,wounding and killing my buddies or bobbytrapping dead guys.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2004, 08:14:07 AM »
I saw it on the CNN article, if i read it correctly they were still fighting at the mosque on saturday when the final shooting took place.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/15/marine.probe/index.html

But Saturday, another squad of Marines found that the mosque had been reoccupied by insurgents and attacked it again, only to find the same wounded men inside. Four of the men appeared to have been shot again in Saturday's fighting, and one of them appeared to be dead, according to the pool report.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 08:18:08 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2004, 08:16:57 AM »
If the marine suspected that the wounded guy was making an agressive move he had a duty to shoot the guy a buncha more times.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2004, 08:17:05 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Iraq really is Vietnam in a way, the media coverage.

Vietnam was the first "media war". This coverage resulted in a lot of the media attention being used against the soldiers on the home front.

In some ways, it's happening again...

Would prefer the media stayed in the rear, then maybe had a reporter come in and report on the situation well after organized hostilities have ceased.
-SW

So Panama was Vietnam?  Was Grenada Vietnam?  Was GW1 Vietnam?  They all had reporters showing fighting.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2004, 08:19:18 AM »
Vietnam used it extensively, just like this Iraq war.

Now go away.
-SW

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2004, 08:19:29 AM »
Can you direct me to a news outlet that claims the Marines took fire from the building on that day? I can't find any. All I can find is that the Marines shot up the building (again) when they entered it (btw. that's just standard urban fighting procedure with suppressing fire), and that no weapons were found on any of the POWs/bodies.

And when you enter such building after firing upon it you are to assume all living inhabitants are armed and still dangerous.

Guess by your way of thinking they were supposed to politely ask if these guys had any weapons or not first before firing upon them.

Or we're supposed to go back to the tactic of not firing unless fired upon as we have so many times before that ended up getting untold amounts of our guys killed.

I dont think so
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2004, 08:20:40 AM »
Can you direct me to a news outlet that claims the Marines took fire from the building on that day? I can't find any. All I can find is that the Marines shot up the building (again) when they entered it (btw. that's just standard urban fighting procedure with suppressing fire), and that no weapons were found on any of the POWs/bodies.

From Grun's link:
But Saturday, another squad of Marines found that the mosque had been reoccupied by insurgents and attacked it again, only to find the same wounded men inside.

Reoccupied.  This poses a threat.
Sounds more and more like these guys were fighting to the end.  

Either way, a full investigation still needs to be executed (and is underway)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2004, 08:22:32 AM »
Four of the men appeared to have been shot again in Saturday's fighting

So clearly there was fighting on saturday.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2004, 08:22:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
So Panama was Vietnam?  Was Grenada Vietnam?  Was GW1 Vietnam?  They all had reporters showing fighting.

Neither Panama, grenada, or GW1 was covered to he same extent of Vietnam or this current conflict.

It isnt even a close comparison
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2004, 08:23:33 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Neither Panama, grenada, or GW1 was covered to he same extent of Vietnam or this current conflict.

It isnt even a close comparison

I watched all 3 on the networks each night as events unfolded...:confused:  Panama and Grenada did not have "imbedded reporters" though.  The reporters were within the population rather than the fighting force of the U.S.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2004, 08:25:22 AM »
If I were that marine unit now yanno what I would do?

Insist the embedded reporter check to see if these guys are really dead or not from now on.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty