Author Topic: I'm unusually proud to be an American today...  (Read 5338 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
I'm unusually proud to be an American today...
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2005, 07:14:51 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
All of you are quite funny. None of you have ever broached the reason for the Iraq invasion. You bicker over the means and method, yet don't discuss the reason. It's abundantly clear that you do not know the reason, but that's normal. Those who make and project policy and doctrine are fully aware of the average person's inablility to grasp anything beyond the immediate.

Iraq (this time around) was never about Iraq. It is not about Iraqis, WMD, Hussein, terrorism, freedom, tyranny, democracy, religeous extremism or Israel. But you carry on with the good bickering.

If not for Saddam, we would have been over there at all.

I say it has everthing to do with Saddam. Please tell me why we went over for Gulf War 1?

Please tell me why we went this time. It has everything to do with Saddam.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 07:21:38 PM by NUKE »

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2005, 07:28:06 PM »
All of you are quite funny. None of you have ever broached the reason for the Iraq invasion. You bicker over the means and method, yet don't discuss the reason. It's abundantly clear that you do not know the reason, but that's normal.

americas there, no amount of arguing over the reasons can change that. wether or not you agree to the reasons, once you get something like this started, you'd damn well better make sure you get the job completly 100% done.

boroda, even a "sham" election is a step in the right direction, once the americans leave (and this "sham" is one heck of a big step in that direction) they can have a "real" election.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
All of you are quite funny. None of you have ever broached the reason for the Iraq invasion. You bicker over the means and method, yet don't discuss the reason. It's abundantly clear that you do not know the reason, but that's normal. Those who make and project policy and doctrine are fully aware of the average person's inablility to grasp anything beyond the immediate.

Iraq (this time around) was never about Iraq. It is not about Iraqis, WMD, Hussein, terrorism, freedom, tyranny, democracy, religeous extremism or Israel. But you carry on with the good bickering.

The reason we went to war was to crush the Middle East ‘paradigm’.  The stinking, foul, putrid ‘sham’ that has existed for 50 years. It’s GONE…  It’s OVER…  It’s not coming back…!!

What will replace it?  How the HELL should I know.  But, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could be worse than what it was, and what it would become, and the implications for our National Security.

And you're  correct, we didn't ask your permission..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 07:40:50 PM by Otto »

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2005, 07:49:23 PM »
"Those who make and project policy and doctrine are fully aware of the average person's inablility to grasp anything beyond the immediate. "

just because you accept a different propoganda set from the rest of us doesnt make you somehow superior, and  somehow above average, part of some kind of "elite" humans who should be in charge of humanity for its own good?

if you beleive that, do humanity a favour, find yourself the windiest road you can,  get yourself a SUV, and see how fast you can go around them corners...

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I say it has everthing to do with Saddam. Please tell me why we went over for Gulf War 1?

To expel Iraq and prevent Iraq from annexing a country that was contemptuous of America at the time, but, had vital, strategic port facilities and additional access to Gulf shipping lanes. To prevent further destabilization of the region had Iraq felt emboldened from inaction creating a strategic immediacy should regional oil exports be disrupted.

Originally posted by NUKE
Please tell me why we went this time. It has everything to do with Saddam.

No, I won't spend the time and energy to tell you. You are intransigent.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2005, 07:57:39 PM »
To expel Iraq and prevent Iraq from annexing a country that was contemptuous of America at the time, but, had vital, strategic port facilities and additional access to Gulf shipping lanes. To prevent further destabilization of the region had Iraq felt emboldened from inaction creating a strategic immediacy should regional oil exports be disrupted.

So, in other words because of Saddam.

No, I won't spend the time and energy to tell you. You are intransigent. [/B]

Same as above

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2005, 08:02:33 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Thanks. I still feel much more alive, living a real life instead of simulated TV dreams chewing your brain.

Ok conspiracy theorist... it wasn't simulated.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 10:13:09 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2005, 08:36:01 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
The usual suspects wont be able to drag this thread down, try as they might.

ALL involved.

I was wrong.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »
Yeah sadly Saur you were.

the troops who made this happen, to the hijackers and wackos.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2005, 10:20:39 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Y to the  wackos.

Foreign and domestic

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2005, 10:32:47 PM »
Exactly Martlet!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2005, 10:36:48 PM »
The election must have gone great, CNN is downright depressing today.

to the real freedom fighters!

to the doom and gloom crowd and the terrorist opressors!

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2005, 11:02:37 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Agreed. I am 100% sure that US is now much worse then USSR. At least USSR liberated Poland from nazis, while you illegally occupy an independant country, killing up to 100,000 civilians.

Hmm wasn't it Stalin that secretly agreed with Hitler to divide Poland?  And didn't  the Soviets stab the Poles in the back two weeks after the Hitler invasion when they were fighting for their lives?  Didn't the Soviets murder 50,000 Polish officers and leaders from the newly conquered  territory in the Katyn Forest?  And keep all the Polish territory stolen with Hitler's agreement?   And keep their Polish regime of Kwislings in power by threat of Soviet bayonets for 45 years?  Yeah I'm sure the Poles are grateful to their [former] Soviet  [former] masters, er comrades.

repeat after me: Former Soviet Union!

BTW: Syria's next, you read it here first!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 11:06:06 PM by Rasker »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2005, 12:10:51 AM »

"i'll tell you what aug, im gonna be the first to open a t-shirt and hotdog stand at the tigres euphrates golf and raquet club" - Dudley, retired drill instructor speaking to me as the first bombs fell on bagdad.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2005, 12:22:06 AM »
Originally posted by ygsmilo
Once again Boroda confirms that the 2 most common elements in the world are hydrogen and stupitity.

That got a laugh from me!  

:) :) :)