Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:50:42 PM »
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts. Even a 3 pt perk would make some of these timid boys not fly it and leave it to the fighting pilots who do.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 09:58:53 PM »
It does seem to be getting worse. Seems like lots more fly it now to just stay on equal ground in the MA. 3 sounds good but I would prefer 5-10, but heck even 1 would make me happier.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:10:55 PM »
As far as your runners go Goth... It's very simple really.

New game (AH2)+advertising push = more Newbies

More Newbies (Growing Game/Player base) = more inexperienced pilots... which ='s more running.

Running is only a very small part of it.

All of the above means more of alot of thing's. The thing's we all did when we were new.

What can you do?

A few things...

Ignore it and play your game.

Talk to these players and try to help them.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:27:58 PM »
I'm tired of the whining about it. Sheesh.

Cut the LGays back and the next fastest ride becomes the one to whine about.

Learn to deal with it. You know you can't catch 'em, so DON'T for Cod's sake :)

culero (its like watching dogs chase cars while barking like mad)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 10:42:10 PM »
It's only simple when you choose to see it that way.

Basically, the whole idea that the fast rides are unperked as a 'service to newbies' is total forgery. Newbies aren't strange, uneducated, and brainless socio-paths. They are just simply another group of gamers without any kind of real knowledge as to what is required to do well in that particular game.

Like any other thing, newbies come into the game without any kind of bias towards what planes should be free or not. They don't have this kind of special preference because they simply do not know enough about the game to think which should be free and which not.

The first thing newbies do in any kind of aircombat sim games is to learn to accept continuous deaths and try to do the best with what they are given. They don't particularly care about what is given to them because they don't know why that particular choice is good. It is only after they have gotten used to a certain pattern of flying and leave the 'newbie' status, that they finally get an idea of why their favorite rides are usually the most powerful MA rides.

In other words, whatever plane is given to them, the first steps of flying is always hard, and whether that newbie quits the game or not is usually totally dependant on one's own mental state rather than what the system offers to him.

If some newbie, despite acknowledging the fact that the learning curve is so severely high in this game genre, still decides that he likes flying and fighting in vintage aircraft, he is gonna stay regardless of whether the 'super rides' are perked or not.

If that newbie thinks that flying isn't much fun, and he doesn't like the fact that he may have to spend years to become 'good', he's gonna quit even if we gave him 262s and 163s for free.

Besides, even if that kind of analogy is true, it still doesn't explain why the only some of those 'easy to fight' or 'easy to run away' planes remain perked, while the rest of them remain totally free. If offering planes that are good for running, fighting, or running AND fighting, was that much important, then there's no reason that particularly the Tempest, F4U-4, Spit14, Ta152H and such are perked, while P-51s and La-7s are not.

If giving super planes to n00bs for free was so important, why's the Spit14 perked in the first place?

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 10:46:01 PM »
UNPERK the CHOG
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Tired of it
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 10:49:32 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts. Even a 3 pt perk would make some of these timid boys not fly it and leave it to the fighting pilots who do.

so grab a temp/f4u-4/109d9/p-51/tiff/109g10 or even.... an la7,  run them down and show them your l33t skillz.

surely you can afford a perk ride?

people learn by mimicking... an arena full of timidity only begets more timidity. there's only so much a minority can do to turn the tide the other way.

you see, an la7 is a perfectly adequate plane to have all sorts of fights in, i said "fights"... there's no reason for anyone in an la7 to run... they only run because... hmmmmm?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 10:55:32 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 11:01:11 PM »
Let's talk some points here guys:

The La has a small profile like the 109...hard to kill a dead six shot at 400+...and lately that's all I get because they run. Holds energy like the General Lee running from Rosco P Coltraine. Rolls like a Tilt O Wheel at a state fair. 3 cannon setup providing nice kills when it hits with 2-3 rounds. Great visibility. Convenient compression nose up attitude. Good all around cockpit visibility.

Top speed non perked plane right now. Perk it and your choice becomes Tiffie, Stang, Dora, g10.----

Tiffie...hizookas, good accel, tight instant turner, but it does not hold the energy in a turn like that La7 thing. Sure...Tiffie may be the next plane of choice, but it has a quick fuel burn like the La, and if you turn energy bleeds off and it loses that speed edge. I bet if you perk the La this would tie the Stang for the most used plane because of HO potential and speed. Rolls like Star Jones after a night at red Lobster. Compression locks plane up and if you pull too hard you run the risk of ripping parts.

Stang...6 .50's not as lethal as those 3 cannon. Doesn't accelerate at the drop of a dime. Can turn well when using flaps, but oops, there goes your energy. Dives great, good zoom, requires more than 3 brain cells as opposed to the La7 to fly into a furball. Can have a bad stall if you're not careful.

Dora....can be a nasty plane in the right hands. The round tranjectory however is this planes greatest weakness. You need a cone shaped plane the size of a B29 to hit effectively 400+. Can get you quickly into trouble if you think you can turn in a furball. Oh yeah...endless wep is nice.

g10....Fast...fast fast fast and a great climber. Bullet trajectory is bad bad bad. Roll rate blows monkey chunks and this bird can compress quickly with its high performance engine. Did I mention cockpit visibility?

There are many other traits and comparisons that can be made, however I think the top 4 behind the La7 have enough weaknesses to compensate for a perked La7. Hell...maybe the former La7 pilots will gravitate towards the yak. I don't think HT will address this issue, too many people fly the La7.

Btw...I'm tired of whining about it too. It seems to be nightly I get ticked at some La7 pilot...not because he gave me a good fight, but because he zoomed past me to go vulch the field behind me. I've said it before, if you're going to fly a fighter...fight, don't run.

Besides...grandma's fly La7's :p

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 11:03:41 PM »
Hell perk the LA7, 190D9 and the Pony.
After all if a LA7 has the same ENY value as a 262 it should be perked.
Pony is ENY 6 so that also.
Include the D9.

How HT can justify perking the CHog and Spit 14 is way beyond my comprehension.

Let analyse the reason commonly trotted out for perking -
To prevent overusage - OK, LA7,D9 and Pony definately fall into that category.

What amazes me is that they have the gall to perk a relatively mediocre plane by MA standards, the Spit 14 and leave the above 3 untouched. Mediocre as regards speed low down, but as thats where most of the fights are now, its a valid point.

Will never happen though, despite how fugged up the perk system is the powers that be have never ever commented on any thread regarding perking.
It falls on deaf ears.

quote - so grab a temp/f4u-4/109d9/p-51/tiff/109g10 or even.... an la7 -

Yup how? if hes already running? By the time you up he's well gone. Or yeah grab a Tempest and have half the sector on your arse low level as you try to catch him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 11:08:30 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Tired of it
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 11:05:26 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
so grab a temp/f4u-4/109d9/p-51/tiff/109g10 or even.... an la7,  run them down and show them your l33t skillz.

surely you can afford a perk ride?

people learn by mimicking... an arena full of timidity only begets more timidity. there's only so much a minority can do to turn the tide the other way.

you see, an la7 is a perfectly adequate plane to have all sorts of fights in, i said "fights"... there's no reason for anyone in an la7 to run... they only run because... hmmmmm?

Yeah...I can afford lotsa perk plane rides to get face shot in.

And Shane...I don't have a problem when you're not a rook and you shoot me down in a La7 because you fight .

It's funny some of the countrywide messages. "Hello, I'm new to the game, what's the best plane." Everyone inevitably answers la7.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 11:05:39 PM »
i see more FW's that La7's go zooming past to make a one-pass vulchicide run.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 11:10:16 PM »
The two questions I see the most are-
Whats the best plane - most reply Spit9 or 5 for a newb.

or

Whats the fastest plane - invariably met with LA7
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 11:20:29 PM »
THE CURE:

Grab a zeke.  Most Lghey7 pile-its will stick around to fight u.  Problem is, once they get into a turnfight with you most will have lost too much E (cept shane) to run quick enough.  Purrrrrrrrfect opportunity for a good dead 6 shot (if ya haven't allready hit them in a snap :D ).

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 11:21:19 PM »
BTW! Shane, do you still have that film of me and Spacer tanglin with ya?

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 11:47:42 PM »
Be thankful that a larger portion of the newbies are flying spitfires... planes that you can catch. I fly Ki-84's mainly, and guess what I do when an LA7 runs from me? I let him go and hope he quickly comes back for my 6. If he does, there are any number of ways for me to kill him. If he doesn't, that's fine... there are plenty of spits for me to run down.

The only thing about the LA7 that needs to be perked is the 3 gun option (3 gun LA7 was probably about as rare as the 152 :p)... the 2 gun LA7 is fine by me. There will always be a plane faster than everything else. Just be thankful that most runners are in LA7's, a plane that newbs know can actually dogfight. Perk the La7, and the dora becomes the fastest plane (well... it's like 2 mph faster than the LA7 when you wep.. or at least it was when I was a newbie dora runner). And guess what? Newbs will quickly learn that the dora is, by and large, completely incapable of dogfighting, and will be even MORE timid than LA7's are now. The dora can E fight reasonable well, but most newbs are incapable of E fighting, and the 109's are better for that anyway.
Army of Muppets