Author Topic: I am sickened  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
I am sickened
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2005, 08:53:55 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Those are from my office system MANDO.  850Mhz PIII w/512MB of system ram and an ATI8500 graphics card.

My home system is very different.

C'mon Dale! Buy your IT director a new PC for crying out loud...LOL

Regarding the new version...I LOVE IT. Only negative I saw was in the first few seconds of flight from A43 last night. Some of you are well aware that the hills surrounding that base (and the foilage on them) cause a FR hit on the older versions too. Well after typing ".fly" there was about 3-5 seconds where my FR dropped into the 20s, once the foilage had been "built" it retured to the 60s. I did not have trouble with flames/smoke, either at our base or the enema's, and while at altitude over the water my FR was pegged at 75 (refresh), my vid card is modest, a 9800-pro-128.

This is one of the better releases IMO, and going from 2.2.4 to 2.3.0 is a release not a patch :D

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
I am sickened
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:34 AM »

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
I am sickened
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2005, 11:00:54 AM »
(Band of Brothers,  Capt. Sobels......)

"I like spaghetti.........."

:D
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2005, 11:02:59 AM »
<---------------getting better framerates than EVAR.

'Budget' System:

Celeron 2.6
512 RAM
NVidia 5500 (256 mb)

Sliders set to middle.

Burning field w/ GVs rolling, 5 friendlies overhead...28 fps.

Not bad at all.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2005, 11:40:25 AM »

9 Years Ago...and if it was up to people like Lute, it would still be the same today. PLEASE LETS NOT STOP PROGRESS. If you want to play you have to pay. You can’t expect a computer to be a viable gaming platform for anymore than a couple of years. The problem with people is they buy the bare minimum to play a game and then wonder why it runs like crap when a graphics upgrade comes out. Lets go to other game forums and see if anyone is complaining about too much eye candy. I'll bet you they are not.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2005, 11:56:42 AM »
Originally posted by BigR
9 Years Ago...

LOL!

While we are at it...here's a picture of me in WB 1.x...9 years ago:

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
I am sickened
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2005, 12:17:51 PM »
BigR and edbert those old screenshots bring tears to my eyes.

Not tears of nostalgia but of joy in that we've moved on from such horrible graphics and short lists of features!

Offline red420

• Zinc Member
I am sickened
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2005, 01:49:01 PM »
Thanks for the info Pup. I last played FA when it was version 2.5 and after that they sold it to some company that ran it into the ground. I used to love that game, especially the realistic arena.. no radar, no icons, it was sweet. Sorry for all the *****ing guys, I was truly frustrated. I don't know how long I have been playing this game, since before they started talking about releasing 2.. I guess I should be more understanding about the lengthy evolution of the game, considering the relatively small size of HTC, and if I angered anyone, I apologize.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »
Now Thats the attitude we like around here :)
 The game will only get better, and yes HT is not perfect. There have been some patches in the past that needed some immediate help (I mean lol look at Ht's avatar, never mind his spelling), but they Always did whatever needed to be done.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2005, 02:10:52 PM »
Originally posted by red420
I last played FA when it was version 2.5 and after that they sold it to some company that ran it into the ground.  

LOL...sounds like Warbirds not Fighter Ace!

I for one am glad you are feeling better now Red. Dale and Doug really DO know what they are doing.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
If you think that the majority of the player base have screamin' high end systems, you are sorely mistaken.

Think it through a bit.  What is the avg. age of the players in AH???  Would you say that most of the players are older?  What percentage?  Do people in the older generation(s), let's say 30+, update their computers every other year?, or tend to buy one and hold onto it for many years.  It would be a safe assumption that many of the players, a LARGE group of the subscriber base, are older people, with older systems.  That said, why would one produce a product that would not work smoothly on a large chuck of their subscriber base?  

Older?? OLDER?? At 30?? I must be dead by now. :D Anyway, I think most people are "older". but I also believe that those who have a few years behind them are in a better position to spend a few bucks on computer equipment. Not entire systems but certainly upgrades. I don't seem to have frame rate problems with my system (they have always been 30-45). It was video upgraded at AH2. The only real problem is I still get shot down as much. So the frame rates others are having my actually HELP me!!:aok
Peace
Pillur

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2005, 03:22:27 PM »
i had some majore  fps problems when i ran at 1024 by 768, but when i moved it down to 800 by 600 it worked great but looked awfull, i turned on antiliasing to 4x, and it looks better than the higher res setting and gets better fps.

When i run at 800 by 600 i get a black rim around my screen for some reason tho.

another strange thing is, i cant change my gama in the video settings anymore, in fact none of the video settings seem adjustable  anymore. I may have to reinstall ah i sopose.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I am sickened
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »
If you have an NVidia card, and enable anti-aliasing, I do not believe gamma changes will show.  It is a limitation of the AA implementation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2005, 06:15:44 PM »
its an ati 9600 se, tho it may have the same symptoms that an nvidia card would have in this situation. will probably be dealt with in a proceding ati driver i assume.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »
I have a 1.6 w/ 512 ram ,and a 128mb gforce. I have to king my sliders full right at 1024 to maintain 30+ fps.

~AoM~