Author Topic: Am I alone?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2005, 06:35:59 AM »
Hopefully, HTC staff will view this thread, and look for whats messing with the fps.

Offline CPorky

• Copper Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2005, 06:48:38 AM »
I didn't mention it above, but this is not some veiled attack on HTC, they have been real good to me in the past with support even when their product wasn't the problem. I'm happy to see most people are being constructive about the issue. My only goal here is to figure out if HTC knows whats going on and if there is a fix in the works.

Personally, I've tried new drivers, new settings, cleaning out my machine, etc you name it. I'm sort of on the fence like IronDog in regards to the future, I'm willing to update my machine if it is substandard, but looking at the posts in here, it wouldn't help.

Originally posted by jetb123
I think everybody should just chill out, try to download new drivers, and stop complaining about it. Thats not going to do anything.

Jetb, HTC customer support is top-notch. I just want to bring the lack of good game-play (in regards to the graphic problems) on my end. A good constructive complaint is more than valid, it ensures a lively and healthy game with a nice long future.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2005, 06:53:35 AM »
Originally posted by jetb123
Hopefully, HTC staff will view this thread, and look for whats messing with the fps.

It's the trees.  They designed some nifty lookin' eye candy, and went bonkers with it.  Trees ALL over the place.  Fly over some mountains, trees up/down and on top them suckers.  

Do we REALLY need so many trees?

I for one would like one of 2 things to happen.  

1.  Less trees.  Take the time to edit out a few hundred groves, and/or make existing groves a bit thinner.

2.  Only have trees in gv zones.  I'm sure it can be coded, to only plant them "Great" looking trees in areas where a ground vehicle can drive.  Can't be THAT hard (says the guy with no codin' experience)

Or possibly, some of both.

I LOVE that HT et. all are working to bring nifty new features to this wonderful sim we are all addicted to, but could they PLEASE work a bit on "stability" before "eye candy"?

(sniff, misses the day when trees could be turned off)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2005, 07:08:02 AM »
Same problems with frame rates as others but I also have sorta "fuzzy" icons???? Never had them before but now they look weird.

I have an oldish upgraded system - 2.00mghz, 9800 Pro card, 1 gig ram.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Am I alone?
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2005, 07:13:45 AM »
There's some variable somewhere we and HTC are missing. I am not for a second disputing the problems some of you are having or saying it is your fault, but I have not seen my FPS drop below 40...EVER. It is usually 65-85, but low, with smoke and many players it does dip inot the 40s sometimes. I have not seen more than a 10-15% drop in FR since AH2 came out.

I am video card poor, but my CPU makes up for it. I run 1024X768 with detail at 3/4 of max and range at max. Oh, and I preload EVERYTHING and run 512 textures.

FX53
9800-pro-128
2GB RAM

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2005, 07:22:12 AM »
Originally posted by Schaden
Same problems with frame rates as others but I also have sorta "fuzzy" icons???? Never had them before but now they look weird.

I have an oldish upgraded system - 2.00mghz, 9800 Pro card, 1 gig ram.

if the radio is fuzzy to I think it's because of the anysotropic filtering *.

* correct spellin optional

Offline sickbird

• Zinc Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2005, 08:08:09 AM »
I'm going to be all set soon.  I have the HAL 9000 on order.  It should fix everything.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2005, 08:10:07 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
It's the trees.  They designed some nifty lookin' eye candy, and went bonkers with it.  Trees ALL over the place.  Fly over some mountains, trees up/down and on top them suckers.  

1.  Less trees.  Take the time to edit out a few hundred groves, and/or make existing groves a bit thinner.

2.  Only have trees in gv zones.  I'm sure it can be coded, to only plant them "Great" looking trees in areas where a ground vehicle can drive.  Can't be THAT hard (says the guy with no codin' experience)

I LOVE that HT et. all are working to bring nifty new features to this wonderful sim we are all addicted to, but could they PLEASE work a bit on "stability" before "eye candy"?

Quoted for truth. :D

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Am I alone?
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2005, 08:18:53 AM »
I got a AMD 64 3200+ with 1 gig ram, ATI XT800XL 256 meg card.  It doesn'y matter if I run 6x antialiasning or have it have, I still get only 28-50 fps.  I asked Skuzzy if the game uses .ini file for video card lookup.  Meaning when U have a card like mine it enables features that that card supports only.  Lets say U have a GF fx5700 which only supports I think shader 1.0, the .ini file will say ok, we gonna enable only this graphic setting for this card.  Skuzzy said no it doesn't.  Maybe this is something that HT should look into as alot of other games have files like this to get best performance out of there games.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline aSTAR

• Copper Member
Vid card driver
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2005, 08:32:11 AM »
Am using OMEGA 2612, most recent driver for
my ATI 9800Pro 128.
Running fine.
P4 3.0/1gig ram.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2005, 08:38:31 AM »
Originally posted by MwDogg
I got a AMD 64 3200+ with 1 gig ram, ATI XT800XL 256 meg card.  It doesn'y matter if I run 6x antialiasning or have it have, I still get only 28-50 fps.  I asked Skuzzy if the game uses .ini file for video card lookup.  Meaning when U have a card like mine it enables features that that card supports only.  Lets say U have a GF fx5700 which only supports I think shader 1.0, the .ini file will say ok, we gonna enable only this graphic setting for this card.  Skuzzy said no it doesn't.  Maybe this is something that HT should look into as alot of other games have files like this to get best performance out of there games.

thats because running at x6 will overload the ram, and ATIs drivers disable it automaticaly if the game does that

try x2 or x4
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I suffer from the same problem. Finding it hard to fly in a furball. I have been having to go to less crowed places and preferably over the water.

Funny part was that when the new version was out, my FPS were off the hook ... best ever ... then the patch came and tanked it all.

I have a P4 3 Gig with 1 Gig memory and run an ATI 9800 XT so I don't think that I should be seeing single digit FPS when flying in a crowd.

I haven't reverted to loading the Omega Drivers yet ... but I am getting close and desperate.

You just need to spent some more money to upgrade your computer, until the next patch ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2005, 09:17:58 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute

We could put the C-47's to work spraying some virtual Agent Orange around the maps....

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2005, 09:21:46 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
if the radio is fuzzy to I think it's because of the anysotropic filtering *.

* correct spellin optional

thnks was driving me crazy!!

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert
There's some variable somewhere we and HTC are missing. I am not for a second disputing the problems some of you are having or saying it is your fault, but I have not seen my FPS drop below 40...EVER. It is usually 65-85, but low, with smoke and many players it does dip inot the 40s sometimes. I have not seen more than a 10-15% drop in FR since AH2 came out.

I am video card poor, but my CPU makes up for it. I run 1024X768 with detail at 3/4 of max and range at max. Oh, and I preload EVERYTHING and run 512 textures.

FX53
9800-pro-128
2GB RAM

mmm when I try to preload vid mem I get a hard lockup and have to reboot......anyone have an idea why?