Author Topic: Abortion and the Death Penalty  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Abortion and the Death Penalty
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2005, 10:26:03 PM »
less?

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2005, 10:34:55 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
less?

Yes, less.... since 'woman's husband will' can be interpreted differently from a person to person.

209, If a man has struck a gentlemen’s daughter and caused her to have a miscarriage, he shell pay five shekels of silver.
210. If that woman has died, they shell put to death his daughter.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2005, 10:42:30 PM »
Now THAT is justice
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2005, 11:07:13 PM »
two-fer's
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2005, 11:17:53 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Actually, I think the core issue is that when it comes right down to it, people are selfish.  Selfish, right down to the point of wanting everyone else to live how they think they should live, just so the world can look and feel exactly how they want it to.

That's interesting, in a selfish way.

I don't want to force anyone to live like I do or believe what I do, as long as they do not kill another human life and obey the laws of our society.

A fetus is a human life and it is protected under law as a human life, except if the mother wants to kill it, and that's the problem I have. That law needs to be 100% consistant one way or the other.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
That's interesting, in a selfish way.

I don't want to force anyone to live like I do or believe what I do, as long as they do not kill another human life and obey the laws of our society.

A fetus is a human life and it is protected under law as a human life, except if the mother wants to kill it, and that's the problem I have. That law needs to be 100% consistant one way or the other.

so if the law were changed so that a Fetus wasnt considered a human life untill it was born. You would be ok with that?

the only reason the law is as it currently is. Is to provide the government with another charge that can be filed against a criminal.

Actually I remember hearing a long time ago that long ago it was legal for a parent to kill their child.
And that is where the saying came from "I brought you into this world I can take you out of it"

Dunno for sure if its true or not, but it makes for an interesting story
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2005, 11:38:12 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
so if the law were changed so that a Fetus wasnt considered a human life untill it was born. You would be ok with that?

the only reason the law is as it currently is. Is to provide the government with another charge that can be filed against a criminal.

Actually I remember hearing a long time ago that long ago it was legal for a parent to kill their child.
And that is where the saying came from "I brought you into this world I can take you out of it"

Dunno for sure if its true or not, but it makes for an interesting story

and some say my hypothetical posts are to the extreme  :huh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:09 PM »
DREDIOCK
how old are you sir?
do you have kids? grandchildren?
Has someone close to you been involved with an abortion?

just wondering what you base your opinion,  feel free not to answer
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sandie....black and white... no one has the right to kill an innocent human being who is no threat to them.

So if a woman is raped she should be forced to carry the baby?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2005, 11:56:56 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
So if a woman is raped she should be forced to carry the baby?

this argument is so lame ... don't forget incest.
ask yourself;
how many rapes/incest result in pregnacy?
of those, what number chooses to abort rather than say give up for adoption?
what percent of total abortions done, are done to kill a rape/incest baby?
is that percentage even a whole number?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2005, 11:58:44 PM »
kinda silly to dress it up in different scenarios.

The base issue of who's in control of your own personal destiny renders any further question of circumstance moot.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2005, 12:54:12 AM »
why do people have such a hard time with this issue?

Abortion in the united states is lawful infanticide.  LAWFUL murder.  **** happens.  Apparently the Supremes decided it has something to do with privacy as guaranteed in the constitution.  Actually its the worst most dehumanizing piece of judicial legislation ever conceived on planet earth and in my estimation lowers the United States to the level of a 3rd class nation.  But it is the law, so....ABORT!!!   ABORT!!!   ABORT!!!

:O
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2005, 01:21:59 AM »
This pissing contest is getting pathetic. Some of the replies in this thread remind me why I lose faith in the human race every day.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2005, 01:25:23 AM »
I think the rights of the host trump the rights of the parasite.

So you think it's a right to murder someone?  Oh, I'm sorry.  Abort an unwanted fetus?

You forget, that the moment an unwilling Fetus will be killed, it becomes a PUBLIC issue.  There is nothing private about it.

Suicide, on the other hand, is a different matter.  I have no problem if a Terminal or non Terminal person wants to kill himself.  

But how is it that we can decide to kill or not kill those who have no say in the matter?

Your logic is flawed and contradictory.  Even me being in an incredibly drunk state can pick it out from a mile away.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2005, 01:37:53 AM »
yes, a child is a parasite.  Oh wait.....a child is not a baby.....oh wait, a baby is not a fetus...oh wait, a fetus is not a human being.

Its simple really.

I support abortion.  Its an unavoidable reality, but like any form of lawful homicide (self defense, capitol punishment) it MUST BE STRICTLY REGULATED by LAW.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns