Author Topic: Abortion and the Death Penalty  (Read 3000 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Abortion and the Death Penalty
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 12:56:27 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
one is innocent, the other is not

ahhh but according to the holy rollers we are all born with original sin.

so nobody is innocent
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:46 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I believe life begins at conception and I support a woman's right to choose.

so say. on your 50th birthday you will say your 50 and 9 months old?

I beleive the potential for life begins at conception. But untill that fetus is actually outside of the womb and surviving on its own it is a potential life.
Obviously the longer it remains in the womb the higher the potential for life.
but until it is out of the womb and living on its own without the mothers life support system it has the  potential.
Babies die  right after childbirth every day.
Sometimes for seemingly no reason at all other then, they just died
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2005, 01:09:24 AM »
Sandy, NO.  NO SANDY NO!

Being Anti Abortion contradicts with Pro Choice.  

If you are pro choice, that means you agree with the act of aborting a fetus.  

You can't whiddle away that it's a woman's right to do so and so.  Nor can you repeat the same argument over and over thinking you are being clever.

And unfortunately for the other Conservatives on this board, I am the first person to call you out on it.

So you need to choose right now.  Either you are for abortion, or against it.

You think it's OK to kill Fetuses, or you don't.  There is no middle ground.  This is a black and white issue.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 01:41:45 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
ahhh but according to the holy rollers we are all born with original sin.

so nobody is innocent

Perhaps due process is required.  Give the fetus a fair trial and if convicted then...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 02:44:31 AM »
It ain't like such a process is "comfortable" for the little lady. The procedure does cause damage to the woman's...uhm...happy place. Cervical scars ain't a walk in the park.

But I digress.

My personal belief is that the fetus or unborn child or little angel or whatever the hell you want to call it is a parasite. It is an organism directly connected to the host (the mother) so it can sustain life. It draws it's nourishment from the host and continues doing so until it is removed. Life may begin at conception, but until that fetus comes out of its special warm place it's a parasite, by definition. If that parasite is doing bad things to a woman and she cannot bear the child because of physical issues, then it's time to remove the parasite.

And before the hippies among us start to whine about my opinion, allow me to  say that I speak this way even about my own child who had to be aborted. I've got a somewhat jaded view of all this because of what I had to do...it's not like I'm an expert and I don't claim to be. It's not easy to make that decision...it's never easy. I don't care who you are or what you think of young people...it is not easy.

And it's expensive, too. It's not easy to pay for an abortion when you're working part-time at a grocery store or burger joint trying to bring home money for your girlfriend. Why do you think most teenage fethers run away?

If the child is born and terminated, it's murder. If it's unborn and it's terminated, it's an abortion. That's my opinion and I'm; sticking to it.

:noid

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2005, 03:32:09 AM »
Originally posted by Golfer
She still laid out the mat and said "Come In"

Criminal acts such as rape or a physical issue which would risk both mother and baby are two exceptions which I can gladly accept as that in the end would attempt to preserve life.

It's sort of like the NRA view, if you ban assault rifles, it will lead to other bans, then a total ban of guns.

Sure, rape is the exception first, then only if you can prove it was a rape, then making it almost impossible to prove it was a rape.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2005, 04:03:12 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
It would be tantamount to saying a woman has the right to kill her kids (at any age) if she has sole custody over them.

Man, you get more simplistic by the post.  You honestly can see no
difference between a partially formed fetus and a child?  It is nice of
you to push your beliefs on people you don't even know equally though.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2005, 05:14:34 AM »
"You were thinking logically the first time you did the nasty?"

I'm not Golfer, but I can answer that too....and the answer is an emphatic YES.  We aren't ruled by our instincts.  That's what elevates us above animals.  People who claim otherwise are just making weak excuses for mistakes they've made.

I find this somewhat funny though--a BBS full of men arguing about abortion.  I have basically no opinion on the matter personally since I view it as fundamentally a women's issue.  I wish the women of America would be so thoughtful as to stay out of men's issues.

J_A_B

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2005, 05:42:30 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
[BI find this somewhat funny though--a BBS full of men arguing about abortion.  I have basically no opinion on the matter personally since I view it as fundamentally a women's issue.  

J_A_B [/B]

My thoughts exactly.   A pretty rare position nowadays though.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2005, 07:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Perhaps due process is required.  Give the fetus a fair trial and if convicted then...

Probably because its not a life but a fetus.

At which point does a fetus stop being a fetus and start being a baby?

When your born.

Thats when your life begins and why we measure our lives from the time we are born untill the time we die and not 9+/- prior

My life started sept 19th, 1961 when I was Born
Not Dec , 1960 when I was conceived
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2005, 07:42:50 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I think this is a rather stupid argument, but hey at least you guys are being civil....for now  ;)

IT is a stupid arguement.
No matter what is said or how it is said or what views are shown.
Not a single person here is going to be able to change  and opposing view.

But it is entertaining
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2005, 09:29:39 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

You think it's OK to kill Fetuses, or you don't.  There is no middle ground.  This is a black and white issue.

To a conservative every issue is a black or white issue. :rolleyes:

Or try this... for black or white... I believe that a person has the sole right to decide what to do with their own bodies. This doesn't stop at abortion rights. This opinion applies to drugs, consensual sex, suicide, and anything else that can be done to one's own flesh.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:33:55 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2005, 09:50:09 AM »
Originally posted by Rino
Man, you get more simplistic by the post.  You honestly can see no
difference between a partially formed fetus and a child?  It is nice of
you to push your beliefs on people you don't even know equally though.

hey what can I say.  I'm a simple man.  And honestly if life begins at conception and fetuses think and feel pain what's the difference between a doctor crushing the scull of a baby and yanking him out of a womb and a woman drowning her todler in a bath tub?  Yes I know it's simple but I try and subscribe to the KISS method of life as much as possible.

and I seriously doubt i'm "pushing" my beleifs on anyone.  This is were I'm not so simple.  I beleive in rational discussion of ideas......not in political correctness.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2005, 10:24:43 AM »
I am for the death penalty and I am for the morning after pill.

Death penalty is an absolute and it is used against those who would kill others..  

abortion... the premis is that it is the mothers (why just the mother?) right to "choose"  choose what?   to kill a human being in most cases.

Ok... maybe before the kid is term enough to survive on it's own she has a right to choose....  but.... what point is that?

is there some common ground? do we agree that it isn't the mothers right to choose by pushing the car into the river with a couple of her 2 year olds in car seats to drown?

fairly easy one there...

How bout.... smother it and throw it in the dumpster before it takes it's first breath?

maybe a little bit of a "gray area" there for some....

How bout.... let the head come out and then play whack a mole on it with a chrome ball peen hammer?

even bigger gray area there for some...

How bout.... carried for 6 months and in the same hospital is a bunch of 6 month premies being tended by doctors and nurses that may have also been premies themselves at one time?

even more of a gray area to some.

Maybe the morning after pill will solve everything but probly not... the stupid cow will be too stoned or stupic to take it and too lazy to do anything till 6 months down the road and the debate will start again.

lazs

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2005, 10:32:01 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Probably because its not a life but a fetus.

At which point does a fetus stop being a fetus and start being a baby?

When your born.

Thats when your life begins and why we measure our lives from the time we are born untill the time we die and not 9+/- prior

My life started sept 19th, 1961 when I was Born
Not Dec , 1960 when I was conceived

Unless you're Korean. They measure age starting from 1 year prior to birth, so they're 1 year old when they pop out. That means their life actually begins BEFORE conception.

Or maybe using birth to measure age is just a matter of convenience.