Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7116 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
doughnut
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2005, 08:54:12 AM »
zazen.. skuzzy is correct.. I do realize that everyone is entitled to any fun in the game that isn't some sort of hack or cheat.   You claim to be a  "hunter of men" and have a whole slew of rules like...

"they have to have their wheels off the ground"  

"they can't have more than two other guys on em"

They can't be in a plane that is more than... what? 300 mph slower than you?  I am sure there are others...

No one here has said you can't have your fun according to the rules..  We are just pointing out that you are a timid cherry picker..

If you don't want to be called a timid cherrypicker then don't be one..

simple huh?

In this game people get the reps they deserve..  

I don't really want to fight your typhoon with my FM2... it is possible in the game but I would rather not...  pinging you as you make a clumsy pass and run away is not that fun...  even if you die it is not as fun as the spit I just FOUGHT... If I die because you vultched me on the runway or when I was trying to keep track of 5 or 10 planes all in the fight  and you dove in and ran...that is inconvienient...

but... I give more credit to the newbie who is the one in the spit in the furball that dodges me and gets the kill on me.

You can frustrate but not impress...   If you really belived all the drivel you have been spouting then you would leave the low slow and early planes in furballs alone,   go something besides rook, and then go hunt other timid cherrypickers..

now that would be real "hunting of men" eh?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2005, 08:56:34 AM »
Trying to dictate to others your idea of "fun" being the only right idea is akin to telling a car buyer they cannot buy that luxury car because you do not like it. You will have as much success telling the car buyer he is wrong as telling other players they cannot have fun in the manner they are having it.

Very good Skuzzy ...

but you forgot the scenario ...

In HTC's car lot there IS a car for each any everyone to have FUN with, but there is a faction sitting outside the car lot waiting to put sugar in the gas tank of those who are having fun in their cars.

They are called GRIEFERS ... and GRIEFERS are not covered in your post. They are anti-FUN ... they get their jollys by destroying other's fun. They don't look to what the game has to offer for fun, but rather what the game offers them to spoil someone elses fun.

There is not much that we can do about griefers ... but you can.

Take away the tools or make it real hard (to the best of your ability) to GRIEF in the FT area and this storm will subside.

Eliminate Bombers from the 3 fields.

Eliminate Troops/Ordinance from the 3 fields.

Eliminate PT Boats and their spawn points from the 3 fields.

Thats just a start ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 09:02:04 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2005, 09:00:42 AM »
There is sixty something other bases. But the still bomb the ones in FT.

Skuzzy, that doesnt fall under anything you said there. Im sorry but I just dont agree with the notion that they are bombing FT and capturing the bases up there for "their fun" and enjoyment". They're doing it to piss people off.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
doughnut
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2005, 09:02:44 AM »
Hey! I like Bomber town....

good for my gunnery skills!

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
doughnut
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2005, 10:02:05 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert in another currently active thread
Play the game the way you want, but let them play their game too. These maps are more than large enough for all of us to have fun, but if your idea of fun is preventing others from having theirs then AH would be better without you...IN MY OPINION.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't really want to fight your typhoon with my FM2... it is possible in the game but I would rather not...  pinging you as you make a clumsy pass and run away is not that fun...  even if you die it is not as fun as the spit I just FOUGHT... If I die because you vultched me on the runway or when I was trying to keep track of 5 or 10 planes all in the fight  and you dove in and ran...that is inconvienient...

If my passes are so, "clumsy', why am I so great at killing? ;)

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2005, 11:26:46 AM »

You can frustrate but not impress...   If you really belived all the drivel you have been spouting then you would leave the low slow and early planes in furballs alone,   go something besides rook, and then go hunt other timid cherrypickers..

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

I always kill top down, meaning I kill the ones that are the greatest threat to me first. That means the ones above the low n' slow guys trying to dive in for the cherry, bounce, gang-bang whatever. Doing this is a great help to the low n' slow TnB guys on my team, the styles are complimentary. Only when they are all dead or ran-off do I engage cons below me, starting with Lgay7's.

Hunting is hunting, if you are going after a prey and kill it that was a successfull hunt. People hunt deer with .303 rifles with scopes, I have never seen a deer with a bullet proof vest or an Uzi. According to your logic they are not hunting unless they go out into the woods naked and physically wrestle the deer into submission. :O

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:52:56 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2005, 11:46:42 AM »

You have this notion that good fighters/pilots must TnB. The fact is, and I know this may shock you, a good pilot is one who flies whichever plane he is in as close to its maximum potential as his talent, skill, abilities and tactical context allow. Every plane has it's strengths and weaknesses. It is rediculous to say a Fw190 must fly the same way as a Hurricane, they are suited to very different forms of fighter combat. Obviously, in your FM2, you would want to get in as tight as you can and have the time necessary without interference to hammer away at the guy in the saddle with your 4 X50cals. However, if you are in a Jug, Typhoon or Fw190, that is not the best way to fight against most of the plane-set, instead you would want to use your superior speed and firepower to 'slash' the enemy down.

The problem lies in the fact that you are as one dimensional as you claim I am. You fly only one plane in only one way tactical situation be damned. I'll fly any of several planes any of a variety of ways as the tactical situation prudentally allows. Saying someone is only good if they get in a Yank n' bank job and stall-fight no matter what the tactical climate is kind of rediculous and the source of your frustrations with those who wisely choose not to in the MA most of the time for tactical reasons.

Obviously, everyone has their notion of what 'good' is. But, good to me is someone who flies whatever plane they choose to be in to maximum effect. The plane attributes are bits of computer programming they are not negotiable they contrain and to an extent dictate possibilities. Every plane is not suited to get in tight and turn-fight every other plane. That is one of the appeals of AH, the plane-set is so diverse everytime you encounter an aircraft type during a flight there are certain advantages you have to use against him and certain advantages of his you must negate. This is what makes AH so enthralling.

I have spent literally years and years turnfighting and stallfighting. In the early days of AW I did nothing but that in  a Spit or 109. Like yourself I would get cherried, Bnz, and ganged while engaged. My SA got great but I would still get cherried, ganged and BnZ'd a fair amount. A point came where I realized it was not their fault, they were in the correct plane to do that to me, and I put myself in a situation that made me vulnerable to that form of attack. I decided to become pro-active and I went up there in a plane suited to that environment to kill them, it worked and now I occupy and hunt in that very same niche, and it's alot of fun, moreso than being on the bottom of the food chain low n' slow (which I was/am still quite good at when I'm in the mood or the tactical situation dictates). ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:55:42 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2005, 11:54:28 AM »
I can understand your point of view and I feel your pain in a most empathic way. If I flew nothing but an FM2/Spit/Niki low n' slow on the deck in a seething mass of cons I'd certainly want two things badly:

1) I'd want people in fast planes with an innate manueverabilty disadvantage to get low n' slow and attempt to turn with me so I could get EZ kills in the TnB fashion.

2) I'd want people who were in faster/better armed planes who refused to turn with me but instead negated my turnrate advantage by using well-timed and accurate high speed passes to tear me apart to rot in hell and DIE!!!

It's ok Lazs, it's perfectly natural for you to hold contempt for those who occupy the strata above you in a furball, you are their prey, just as they are potential prey for the strata above them.

Bwahahhahahaa

As usual you have your blinders on so you can't see anything that you don't want to see.

Yeah Zazen we want the fasl, poorly turning planes to get low and slow and turn fight.  Man how stupid that sounds and how stupid it is that you would go there.

The point is you rather fly the faster less turning planes, and that is fine.  So you have two choices

1) Climb and fight other planes at alt.
2) Climb and sit on perch and pick off lower slower planes (Cherry Pick)

Yeah I would love to see your vast years of playing expieriance :rolleyes: down low in a TnB some times till I do you are all Blab.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
Bwahahhahahaa

As usual you have your blinders on so you can't see anything that you don't want to see.

Yeah Zazen we want the fasl, poorly turning planes to get low and slow and turn fight.  Man how stupid that sounds and how stupid it is that you would go there.

The point is you rather fly the faster less turning planes, and that is fine.  So you have two choices

1) Climb and fight other planes at alt.
2) Climb and sit on perch and pick off lower slower planes (Cherry Pick)

Yeah I would love to see your vast years of playing expieriance :rolleyes: down low in a TnB some times till I do you are all Blab.

Check my Lexus account from past camps. That's all I did on that account. I TnB'd my wittle butt off in F6F and Hurricane IIc. :aok

Unless you are likely to be in a place where a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 etc. is likely being low n' slow in a TnB plane is a huge liability usually resulting in you getting gang-raped. Unfortuantely, the MA only provides situations conducive to that type of engagement on relatively rare occassions. It just the nature of the MA, it isn't anything personal. If you're getting gang-raped, cherried, BnZ'd you are flying the wrong plane in the wrong tactical environment and you are paying the price you should expect to pay.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:05:28 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2005, 12:06:56 PM »
The goal is to have fun. Sounds simple enough. However, as many people as there are playing the game, there are an equal number of ideas of what is fun.

Saying one player's idea of fun is not right due to the idea not being your idea of fun is not right. Trying to dictate to others your idea of "fun" being the only right idea is akin to telling a car buyer they cannot buy that luxury car because you do not like it. You will have as much success telling the car buyer he is wrong as telling other players they cannot have fun in the manner they are having it.

Yeah for the most part you are right and I don't think many people are telling others how they should fly.  Whith that said there are different flying styles all with their pros and cons.  You will always have these different camps and views associated with them.

In the game, there are moments of grandeur. Revel in them. There are also moments of frustration. It will happen and nothing can prevent it. Moments of frustration make the moments of grandeur even better.

Persisting in chasing the goblins you create when players are having fun, and you cannot accept they are having fun, just adds more frustration. If your idea of fun clashes with another players idea of fun, someone is going to get frustrated. How that frustration is dealt with is the key.

You can brush it off and try to get back to that moment of grandeur, or you can revel in the frustration and expound on it to the point of getting other players irrirtated. All the while you accomplish very little to nothing.

Finding a way to turn a negative into a positive takes more effort than just staying in the negative mode, but it can be far more fun.

Frustration out of being shot or blowing a fight is one thing.  Frustrations out of not being able to find decent fights due to the game are totally different kinds of frustrations, ones I would think HTC would like to erradicate.

These frustrations you can't wave a magic wand at and murmor "Calgon Take Me Away."  9 out of 10 times the only way out is to log off and do something else.  

These frustrations stem out of the dicotomy of the Fighter Pilots and Win the War folks.  And 99% of the time the Win The War folks are reducing the fights for the Fighter Pilots and not the other way around.

Donut has given the Fighter Pilots a small morsel of hope and with uncapturable bases would end this frustration or at least minimize it's affects.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2005, 12:10:43 PM »
Unless you are likely to be in a place where a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 etc. is likely being low n' slow in a TnB plane is a huge liability usually resulting in you getting gang-raped. Unfortuantely, the MA only provides situations conducive to that type of engagement on relatively rare occassions. It just the nature of the MA, it isn't anything personal. If you're getting gang-raped, cherried, BnZ'd you are flying the wrong plane in the wrong tactical environment and you are paying the price you should expect to pay.

I don't really care about your accounts and shades.  I was just making a point.  I know your Zazen account is your cherry picking account.

As for the above, I like to be in situations where it is 3 or 4 vs 1.  The action is sizzleing fast,  your SA is taxed to the extream and you better be good to get even one or two befor they get you.  And if you do everything right you might even kill em all and that is a feeling no amount of playing it safe can achieve!:aok

The only time this style of play sucs is when you have to fly a sector or more to get there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:12:59 PM by mars01 »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
AMEN Skuzzy..!! Lazs, mars01, RedTop, read what Skuzzy wrote here Over and over and over. Memorize it, breathe it, believe it, live by it, let it soak in deeply and permeate your very souls!  
Please.

Of course your blinders are still on, otherwise you would see the flaw in what was posted.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:10 PM »
but... I give more credit to the newbie who is the one in the spit in the furball that dodges me and gets the kill on me.

You can frustrate but not impress... If you really belived all the drivel you have been spouting then you would leave the low slow and early planes in furballs alone, go something besides rook, and then go hunt other timid cherrypickers..

Ahmen Brother!

Gotta go for coffe then I'll deal with the rest of page 4 LOLH:D

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2005, 12:19:17 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
one cannot get better if one doesn't push oneself...  the virtual world of AH is full of sheep who fear to leave the comfort zone for whatever reason.