Author Topic: What happened to LW?  (Read 21226 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2005, 09:20:51 PM »
Most of the infos are just about 190's CoG right?

For the German data:

I have all the load datum sheets on the entire Focke Wulf line from FW-190V5g to Ta-152H1, C, and all the types inbetween.  Reports on all the engine changes, production information engines/airframes, flight testing, engine/prop manuals, Fluzeug-Handbuchs for the entire series, motor endurance testing, fuel changes, mixture regulations, anti-knock injection testing for all the systems, installation instructions for Alkohol-Einspritzung, GM-1, C3-Einspritzung, Erhörte Notleistung für Jager, the Beanstandungen's from 1942 til the end of the war, Engineering meetings with BMW, experience reports from Focke Wulf/Geschwaders......

and it goes on.  I have amassed so many reports now that I forget them.  Everytime I dig through my filing cabinet I find reports that I did not know existed!

I emptied Wright Patterson's archives on the FW190 too.  If you go to our Museum, about 75 pages of original Focke Wulf documentation with stamps and signatures is on display that is part of my collection.  I have about 50 more pages to add to it at the house.  Neat stuff, Kurt Tank was a scribbler.  Some of them have penciled in changes while others are covered in notes in the margin.  One of the other neat documents in our collection is a handwritten BMW801 TS manual.  It's a crewchiefs notes.  Classes were given at the Geschwaders in the last year of the war.  I have a published copy too but those are very rare.  We just acquired an original Ta-152H Flugzeug Handbuch too.  Very rare an not cheap either!

All the best,

Crumpp

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2005, 09:31:04 PM »
crumpp.. i have to ask...

why?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2005, 09:45:24 PM »
We restoring an FW190 to fly it with a BMW801 Motor and I am writing a book on the type.  You have to know the details and design changes to restore it.  And of course so you do not kill yourself or anyone else flying it.

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2005, 10:13:11 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
For the German data:

I have all the load datum sheets on the entire Focke Wulf line from FW-190V5g to Ta-152H1, C, and all the types inbetween.  Reports on all the engine changes, production information engines/airframes, flight testing, engine/prop manuals, Fluzeug-Handbuchs for the entire series, motor endurance testing, fuel changes, mixture regulations, anti-knock injection testing for all the systems, installation instructions for Alkohol-Einspritzung, GM-1, C3-Einspritzung, Erhörte Notleistung für Jager, the Beanstandungen's from 1942 til the end of the war, Engineering meetings with BMW, experience reports from Focke Wulf/Geschwaders......

and it goes on.  I have amassed so many reports now that I forget them.  Everytime I dig through my filing cabinet I find reports that I did not know existed!

I emptied Wright Patterson's archives on the FW190 too.  If you go to our Museum, about 75 pages of original Focke Wulf documentation with stamps and signatures is on display that is part of my collection.  I have about 50 more pages to add to it at the house.  Neat stuff, Kurt Tank was a scribbler.  Some of them have penciled in changes while others are covered in notes in the margin.  One of the other neat documents in our collection is a handwritten BMW801 TS manual.  It's a crewchiefs notes.  Classes were given at the Geschwaders in the last year of the war.  I have a published copy too but those are very rare.  We just acquired an original Ta-152H Flugzeug Handbuch too.  Very rare an not cheap either!

All the best,

Crumpp

:O
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2005, 10:36:44 PM »
Originally posted by MANDO
not without me IN Wilbus ;)

Hey Crummp, what happened with all that 190 info sent to Pyro?

Nothing.  You notice any changes?  Basically I quit doing it.  Pyro is not working on the FW190 FM's as other things have priority.  When I have talked to him, not much can be "simulated" to make the FW190 more realistic due to code restrictions.  

I would say it has about zero priority.  

Now it seems HTC attitude is anyone who offers is "cherry picking".  Sorry but I am not going to put forth the effort, time, and money to get them the data with that kind of crap.

All the best,

Crumpp

you're not alone:(

storch

What happened to LW?
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2005, 11:01:34 PM »
crumpp is involved with http://www.white1foundation.org  the museum is located near one of the historic restoration meccas in kissimee florida.  the museum is run by dr. mark timken and maintains an open door policy towards vintage aircraft afficiondaos and all are welcome.  it's a neat place to visit.  they are accepting donations for the restoration of the only FW190F8 known to exist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2005, 11:41:58 PM »
Originally posted by storch
crumpp is involved with http://www.white1foundation.org  the museum is located near one of the historic restoration meccas in kissimee florida.  the museum is run by dr. mark timken and maintains an open door policy towards vintage aircraft afficiondaos and all are welcome.  it's a neat place to visit.  they are accepting donations for the restoration of the only FW190F8 known to exist.

Thought the NASM 190 is a 190F8 as well
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »
Thought the NASM 190 is a 190F8 as well

It is an FW-190F9 and was reconstituted airframe.  It started life out as an FW-190A7.

Ours came from NDW and was originally manufactured as an FW-190F8.  It was however reengined, stripped of extra armour, wingracks, grossebombenelektrik, and converted to FW-190A8 standard during its service with JG5.

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 11:54:45 PM by Crumpp »

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2005, 12:03:39 AM »
not much can be "simulated" to make the FW190 more realistic due to code restrictions.

pls elaborate

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2005, 12:47:11 AM »
It is an FW-190F9 and was reconstituted airframe.  It started life out as an FW-190A7.

Ours came from NDW and was originally manufactured as an FW-190F8.  It was however reengined, stripped of extra armour, wingracks, grossebombenelektrik, and converted to FW-190A8 standard during its service with JG5.

All the best,

Crumpp

Knew it had been an A7 originally.  Wonder why the book on it calles it an F8?  Interesting stuff.

Saving your pennies for one of those Flugwerk birds Crumpp?

They look kinda nice, even if they are 190s ;)

Since the odds are against me having a Spit XII someday, I guess I'll settle for a clipped LFIX of XVI :)

Hey I can dream can't I?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2005, 12:59:11 AM »
Knew it had been an A7 originally. Wonder why the book on it calles it an F8? Interesting stuff.

It is currently labeled an FW-190F8.  It has a BMW801TS motor and all FW-190's reengined with the S-series motors are to be redesignated A9/F9.  I gotta give Larry a copy of that order so it can be changed!

;)

Saving your pennies for one of those Flugwerk birds Crumpp?

Nope, original parts will not fit on them.  Remind me of those fiberglass bodies Lamborghini's over a Volkswagon frame.

They are neat but nothing like the real thing except in looks from a distance.

Of course I will never have the money to actually own a real one.

:cry

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:21:38 AM by Crumpp »

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2005, 01:47:01 AM »

The FW190's FM is based off allied test's not Rechlin or Focke Wulf data.

I am sure there would be an uproar if German or Japanese data was used to model any allied aircraft.

Pyro's answer to Luftwhiners long time ago:

Originally posted by Pyro
Well the situation is a bit more sticky than described here and may well end up being one of those times when you better watch what you wish for.  I do plan to do quite a bit of work in the performance modeling of planes to try and smooth out inconsistencies.  So I'm willing to completely remodel the performance on the A-5.  But if I'm going to take the RLM data as the basis of the model, then I'm going to work with all of the RLM data and not just a single data point.  Much of the RLM data, particularly in climbing, is inferior to the current AH model.  I haven't played with it to discover what inconsistencies exist in it, but it may be a better fit.  Of course, that doesn't mean that people will like the overall changes.  C'est la vie.
I speculate that the disappointment will come from AH matching those charts, not vice versa.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2005, 02:01:15 AM »
the 190A-8/F-8, 190D-9, and 152 matches the data from FW but not the a5

pyro was talking about the 190A-5. A-5 is the only FW plane that is based onn allied test's not Rechlin or Focke Wulf data.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 02:04:12 AM by 1K3 »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
What happened to LW?
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2005, 02:30:57 AM »
The 152 got worse with the AH2 FM change.
It might match the numbers now, but fixing what broke to make it as it was in AH1 would be already very good.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What happened to LW?
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2005, 07:14:50 AM »
Pyro's answer to Luftwhiners long time ago:

He talked about completely removing the FW-190A5 as it is the worst performing Focke Wulf.  

Much of the RLM data, particularly in climbing, is inferior to the current AH model.

Is simply not true.  The RLM data is simply much faster at lower altitudes and fast enough at higher alts.  If you read the rest of thread you will see Pyro had the wrong impression on the best climb speed of the FW-190.

A fighter variant climbed at a shallower angle but much faster best climb speed.  It's climb rate was still faster than many allied fighter but it's very high best climb speed allowed it to take a very shallow angle of climb and leave almost anyone behind who tried to directly follow.

The RLM data is much faster at lower altitudes and slightly slower at higher altitudes.  In AH, I for one would rather be faster on the deck than have perfomrance at an altitude no fights occur.

the 190A-8/F-8, 190D-9, and 152 matches the data from FW but not the a5

The FW-190A8 does not come close to matching RLM numbers.   Just a quick glance at the Ta-152 shows it's climb rate at "emergency power" is around 400 fpm less than it should be at "Steig-u-Kampfleistung".

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 07:32:43 AM by Crumpp »