Author Topic: Kerry's Latest Comments  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 11:20:43 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Here's a thought.

My sons AP Gov teacher Emailed him with this scary thought

"A glaring omission in presidential candidate viability predictions
was brought to my attention last night.

1968 - Richard Nixon, a who lost a very close presidential election
as the sitting VP to JFK and basically disappeared from 1962-1966,
made a historic comeback to win the White House against a teetering
Democratic Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and infighting.

2008 - Al Gore ( former VP),  after losing the closest presidential
election in history, disappeared somewhat from public view only to
re-emerge as the Democratic frontrunner to take the White House from
a Republican Party beset by scandal, an unpopular war, and
infighting.

If it hadn't been done already I wouldn't even consider it as a
possibility."

Interesting fantasy. I put it right up there with the fantasy that Hillary will run...:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 11:23:43 PM »
they dont hate bush.  They focus their anger at bush because he is the obvious target.  bush is the token conservative head of state.  Liberals hate capitalism, they hate Amercian Exceptionalism.  They hate that we are 8% of the worlds population but use up 35% of the world resources.  They hate SUVs and Guns.  They think we should sell oursleves into poverty to bring the indians and the chinese out of the dark ages, that way we could all be equally worthless.  
Like those nuclear weapons seeking jihadists....Kerry is the sort that thinks Iran and North Korea have a RIGHT to nuclear weapons, to protect them from Bush and the capitalists pigs and the military industrial complex.

They are liberals and they must be chewed off at the head and spat out like so  much filth ridden sewage.

:rofl

Long Live King George!

Im just rolling fellas, dont get all bunched up :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 01:30:12 AM »
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, etc...
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:17 AM »
Well Here we have it folks.  I figured we wouldn't hear this from the dems till next year but here is Howard Dean:  

"idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong."

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 09:05:45 AM »
All I can say is, the dems are very heavily invested in failure for Iraq.  What in the world will they do when we succeed over there? I guess they will go back to "its the economy, stupid"
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 10:18:36 AM »
Oh Paaleeez!

Sometimes it seems people just enjoy getting their panties in a bunch.

Kerry thinks the Iraqis should be the police in Iraq... well duh!

Repubs - "We got the House, the Senate, the White House and the SC.... but if it weren't for those pesky Liberals we could actually get things done."

LOL

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: RE: The bolded statement
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 11:55:57 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
You're wrong.  As much as we don't want to at times we are fighting the politically correct sensative war.  Read what I posted below that, it states the exact opposite.  Some times it's good to be culturally sensative but US troops put their buts on the line even more every day to prevent civilan/colateral casualties.  WE are the ones that make those pains, our enemys do not.  I know this because I've attended some of these classes.  I'm the one that once a year has to update my law of armed conflict and again Michael Yon who's spent 8+ months embeded with US troops documents this very well.  

Kerry makes a broad charaterization wich MIGHT represent the exception and definatly not the rule to take political jabs and I think it's wrong.

but what I THINK is even worse is that this type of talk on the left seems more and more to become the rule and not the exception.

Kicking in doors, Detaining/Kidnapping people, Roadside Bombs and deadly ambushes, doesnt sound very politically correct over there to me. If our enemy uses Unconventional tactics, we need to counter with unconventional tactics, or they will win. The Strategy is as old as time itself. You can't expect to win if your not willing to fight as hard or as dirty (In this case) as your opponent.

I know this because I've attended some of these classes. I'm the one that once a year has to update my law of armed conflict and again Michael Yon who's spent 8+ months embeded with US troops documents this very well.

Does this make me wrong? No. Actually you never told me why I was wrong, You told me we need to fight a politically correct war, Sounds like your strategy is about as bad as the Dems. Handing out candy and rebuilding schools might win over some hearts and minds, But the fact remains the people that kill our troops are still in Iraq, and infiltrating from countries that border Iraq. Your strategy may have worked had there not been such a large insurgency after "Mission Accomplished" But things changed. We can continue to "Win the Hearts and Minds" but we also must continue to kill/capture our enemy, whatever it takes...
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

storch

Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 12:05:38 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Oh Paaleeez!

Sometimes it seems people just enjoy getting their panties in a bunch.

Kerry thinks the Iraqis should be the police in Iraq... well duh!

Repubs - "We got the House, the Senate, the White House and the SC.... but if it weren't for those pesky Liberals we could actually get things done."

LOL
well, while the patriotic and virtually inerrant republican party does hold a slight majority in the congress it is still not holding a sufficiently large numerical lead to give our great president carte blanche on all his wise initiatives or his excellent nominees to the federal bench.  the vile democrats still manage to be a wrench in the works.  I say we sell california to the messkins and new york to canuks.  that would solve all of our problems immediately, oh and toss in new jersey as well.  :D

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 01:21:30 PM »
Boy i can't wait until tomorrows "Bash a Democrate post" from Gunslinger. I think the only people who still talk about Kerry are you right wing nuts. Really does anyone even give a flying **** about kerry or what he thinks anymore? Jesus i don't think i would even hear his name anymore if it wasn't for republicans talking about what he says. Anyways, carry on!!!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 01:31:22 PM »
Screaming horward Dean said in a radio interview that the US wont succeed in Iraq.  Dean is punk.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 01:33:54 PM »
Excuse me but when a US Senator goes on national TV and says once again without actually being there that our troops are acting like terrorist and/or committing crimes I would consider that news worthy regardless of what party he/she is from.

Also said senator should be held accountable for hurting our troops. Yes hurting our troops! By accusing them of doing something wrong he is helping the insurgents recruit new bombers willing to kill anyone including the people our troops "terrorized".

People like Kerry and Dean and......hell most if not all of the Dem leaders should held accountable for their efforts to lose this war.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 01:41:28 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I know the election is well over but I can't get over the fact that this guy ran as a vet being one of his selling points when has such a history of trashing our troops:

Well, if you read the whole thing and did not quote out of context what he's saying is Iraqi soldiers and police will do far better busting into homes then our guys will.

And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...
SCHIEFFER: Yeah.
Sen. KERRY: ... Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority.

Now, let's think about that one:

He did not call us terrorists, and you know it.  He said the iraqis would be better at busting into their homes at night, that the US doing it terrorizes people.  

Think about it for a time.

Your posting was selective, misleading and inaccurate.

The Iraqis can take each other on like that, it is not possible for us ot win any hearts and monds that way.

Well see, he's calling us terrorists!

Nonsense.  

It's hard to believe that you apologists still don't understand that 70% of the nation and the entire world have moved on and you can't get with it.  

It's hard, being wrong, factually and obviously errant as you are here, but if you simply stop playing the sound byte/politicize everything game you can one day learn to be honest and objective.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 01:52:59 PM »
Everyone always says they are fighting to protect our freedoms, ok then let people be free for a change and say what they want and let the voters respond to him by voting him out. What the hell is so hard about understanding that? I have family and friends over there so don't think I'm against the troops in any way or for Kerry for that matter, but everyone of them have told me through e-mails and letters that it really is not hurting the moral at all. They know crap will be said just like it always has been said and there is nothing they can do about that but do their job and ignore crap comments like this. I have even read interviews with Commanders on the ground over there that say the same thing- It HAS NOT hurt moral in any way. Here is quote from my uncle who is over there "Think of it this way, if we can handle someone shooting bullets, rockets and blowing up roadside bombs then we sure as hell can take some fairy at home saying we don't belong here". I just think some people on this board really needs to find something better to do with their time than worry about what all the democrates are saying. Maybe instead of searching the internet for stories about democrates you can instead use that time to write a letter to a soldier you don't know and if you have I'm sure there are plenty of others who would like one as well. Support your troops that way instead of wasting time posting crap like this EVERYDAY on a message board that will change nothing. Just a thought!!! I think i even need to follow my own advice instead of wasting my time replying as i know it will change nothing.

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 01:55:37 PM »
but if you simply stop playing the sound byte/politicize everything game you can one day learn to be honest and objective.

Sakai

Wishfull thinking on this board!!!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kerry's Latest Comments
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 02:21:58 PM »
I think i even need to follow my own advice instead of wasting my time replying as i know it will change nothing.
====
how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll lolly pop?