Author Topic: remember the 109  (Read 5167 times)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2006, 11:56:10 AM »
Try the Mossie, P-40B or Spit I and you'll find that not all Allied aircraft are quite so easy.

He does have a Point there.

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
remember the 109
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2006, 12:19:10 PM »
I have flown only 109K last 3 tours. It feels like g10 before to me, i never used gondolas in g10 anyway. All the time 30mm nose cannon.

I do dogfite low and slow in 109K, but not in multibogey situation. It is best  to use 109 vertical fight like everyone here knows.

I use  flaps only on top of zoom or spiral to turn nose down faster and to have better controll doing that at low speed.

I use manual elevtrimm all the time: to get in dive and out of dive. It easily dives over 500mph even 540mph.

30mm cannon is  close range weapon, mostly because you cannot afford spray and pray with 65 rounds.

puujiiko o

btw, how does spit flaps work in AH? In RL those were on/off airbrakes.
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
remember the 109
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2006, 12:22:53 PM »
i'll take our spit 1 and hurri 1 and the mossy over any of our 109s/190s... I actually like the mossy and the hurr 1's, I especially like the P40E to go playing around in... most ppl don't like the early hurri/spit because of the .303's, just bring your convergance in to 200 or less and they work descent, and I fly 38's mainly so switching over to the mossy ain't no thang, I really like the 4 hizookas in the nose :)

Krusty I agree with everything you said, there basically just flying bricks in my mind, only descent at 1 thing and not even great at that which is bnzing, I'll take a 38,pony, corsair, or jug any day of the week for that job over any LW AC we have. I used to like to fly the F model around, but like you guys have said, something happened to em and they just feel real sluggish all the time, maybe its just me and I'm getting used to other planes now, but I used to fly the Dora quite a bit as well as the 109F model and they just feel all wrong now. If you don't come in with a 10k alt advantage then you better hope the enemy plane is a dweeb... I will retract and say that I do like the 110's, those planes are fun :) but you can keep the rest until there FM's are fixed. The views really don't bother me as much as they feel like flyin rocks now.

On the subject of hand cranked flaps... I could care less if a midgit climbs out onto the wing and lowers em as long as they will actually lower, I don't care if it takes 10 seconds or 30 seconds they really need to be deployable. But as it is now, the flaps only increase your turning ability by a small amount right now at slow speeds, but I would be willing to bet they would be greatly used like the pony when at higher speeds to create overshoots and turn way better at say 230mph

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2006, 02:20:41 PM »
Although it might sound like I'm trying to be a smart*** I have a serious question to ask. If the 109 is so "porked" how come guys like stang, apar and Nath have no problems fighting with it on the deck against spits and such? I have film after film of those guys tearing it up on the deck. I use the following as examples because they're squadies and I see a lot of their films. Maybe it simply comes down to some of us needing to practice with it more in a dogfighting fashion than in the BnZ mode you always see it in. Flying in the MA is a totally different animal than the DA/TA. I think many of us have success in the MA picking, ganging and fighting noobs but when we're forced to push ourselfs it can be a total different story. Not to say you all aren't very good sticks but I know from personnal experience that the more time I spend in the MA and not in the TA/DA the sloppier my flying feels. I think many of us feel we outgrow the TA/DA. I know whenever I was in the DA fighting any of the above 3, sure enough they were mixing up with spits and zeros on the deck.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 03:43:09 PM by SuperDud »
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
I have film after film of those guys tearing it up on the deck. I use the following as examples because they're squadies and I see a lot of their films.  

Am sure you do, but they are home made videos and they don't inlcude 109s :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
zOMG!!!! Teh seekcrits owt!#
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
zOMG!!!! Teh seekcrits owt!#

brrrrrrrrooouuuuuum, open wide supa, here comes the airplane. vrrrroooooooouuuuummm
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »
hey the Fw-190 needs to be fixed too!:aok

190s had combat flaps too (can only be deployed below 300 mph)

(search the aircraft/vehicle forum for more info)

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
remember the 109
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
Again, I'm just saying that what they were isn't what they are now.  They have gotten a bit worse, from visibility and stability to acceleration.  Like super said, the old g10 was fun to furball with when you figured out how to do the slashing attacks, I'd rather have an fm2 than the current k4, when before the update, I would take the g10 over a 51D.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
remember the 109
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
Again, I'm just saying that what they were isn't what they are now.  They have gotten a bit worse, from visibility and stability to acceleration.  ... I'd rather have an fm2 than the current k4, when before the update, I would take the g10 over a 51D.

The K4 IS the old G10 with limited gun options. You may say 30mm option sucks but the plane is the same. Same goes for the rest of the 109s save the G14 which is new. The man himself said so. Last time they had an FM change if I'm not mistaken was the switch from AHI to AHII.

Please stop these ridiculous 2.6 claims and concentrate on what was wrong with the 109s since version II. That was when the stability issues showed up. Keeping this up just makes it sound like a whine.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
remember the 109
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
The K4 IS the old G10 with limited gun options. You may say 30mm option sucks but the plane is the same. Same goes for the rest of the 109s save the G14 which is new. The man himself said so. Last time they had an FM change if I'm not mistaken was the switch from AHI to AHII.

Please stop these ridiculous 2.6 claims and concentrate on what was wrong with the 109s since version II. That was when the stability issues showed up. Keeping this up just makes it sound like a whine.

Bozon

I never said the gun package sucked, I like the plain 30.  What I'm saying is that the k4 now and the g10 when it left don't feel the same and they don't look the same from the cockpit view.  Call it ridiculous or call it a whine, I really don't care, but I'm saying (along with quite a few others) that it feels like it changed.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
remember the 109
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2006, 06:15:22 PM »
I dont think the 109 fm changed. However i do think it will be nice to see the following changes - some hinted by htc allready.

1) flap deployment speed upped for 109s
2) g14 performance improved
3) 200 rounds of 20mm for G6 and G14 engine mg151

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
remember the 109
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »
hmm..... yes.........quite. and shiggity shiggity shwaah
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »
Ok, then lets stop with this nonsense of Nath, Wetrat and some others having *very* good results using the 109K-4. Do I have to dig out Citabria (if I'm not wrong) with his 10:1 K/D with the C.202 to demonstrate .... nothing? Do I have to dig out the miserable K/D ratios of the two new UFO Spitfires to demonstrate they are porked a/c? Numbers mean nothing. Here we are talking of the average pilot. And the average pilot find Spitfires, Ponies and Jugs flying on rails, while 109s and 190s are, IMO, too demanding at the edges of the flight envelope. The fact that I'm above average with the 109K-K or the 205 (in the past) mean nothing. It only means I spend too much hours in them, trying to learn how to fly and fight and manage their (in)stability ..... phewwww   :rolleyes:
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
remember the 109
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2006, 04:34:30 AM »
"One thing you have to remember C, is that regardless of how fast they can deploy, the speeds at which they are "allowed" to deploy at are far from correct."

I think I missed the point totally. Was the original meaning of "faster deploying flaps" that they should deploy in faster speeds? I thought it meant that the deploying speed should be increased, not the speed they deploy in.

Sry 'bout that. :confused:

The wrong speeds in which the 109 flaps can deploy has been clear to me so long that I simply didn't understand that there was any doubt of it. I thought that HTC simply had a reason to limit the "deploying speeds" due to some strange functionality in their flight model but after P51 etc. got their flaps fixed I started waiting it to happen to other planes too.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."