Author Topic: US bashers  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
TheWobble: interestingly enough the pilots we send to the US for training usually finish near the top or the top of their class    .

Aah, the benefits of having a small air force and a huge number of people applying to fly jets    .

Santa, my class had 4 Norwegians in it and they finished near the top in it.

Of course, before they even came over to the US for school they had completed a 250+ hour flight training course in Norway in a tandem seat Saab trainer. They had already qualified in normal operations, aerobatics and formation.

Most of us had about 30 hours of "introductory" flight training in Cessna 150's when we started. Basically it was a course to see if we had any aptitude that might be developed and covered takeoffs, landings and short cross country ops.

The entire UPT course in T-37's and T-38's was only about 225 hours, so the Norwegians had more than that when they arrived. Wonder if that helped them?

Does Denmark do any training prior to sending the students over?

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 01-27-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2001, 05:29:00 PM »
Don't know Toad. Know we have a Danish top test pilot though.

Seems our airforce regularly train with yanks; a few months ago there was an incident where an F-16 touched wings with a tanker. Pilot only discovered it when he landed and checked his right; wingtip and sidewinder missle on it gone  .

Great plane, the F-16. Ours are A's that are being upgraded with glass cockpits and all sorts of neato things.

When I visited the airfield back when the Thunderbirds came for a visit, I was surprised of just how primitive the A models were in terms of instrumentation. Thought "hell, in my computer games I got cool things. What's THIS?".

Btw; it's interesting to try to make out planes at a distance. From far away, all you see of the F-16 is a glimmering delta wing, really. Hearing when they kick in the afterburner is nice as well.

We need MORE fighters.  

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
US bashers
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
I think it is probably unfair to expect Americans to behave like civilised people.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/default-2001126231129.htm

After all, if the outgoing Administration behaves like thieves, looters and small children, why should we expect the rest of the populace to behave any better?

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
all Europeans are good for is bashing America, cloning sheep and then screwing them.  Europe in general should qualify as 1 big hate group, all ya do is squeak and talk toejam about America and then cry when ya need some help, then as soon as yer done being helped yer right back to calling us pigs and idiots again, not all but most of the Europeans I have seen or read posts from seem to have never been to America but yet seem to be experts on how much it sucks, well that yer opinion and thanks to America you can freely express it, so enjoy trashing the people that saved yer tulips watch the history channel, Churchill cried like a little girl to get the US to come bail you idiots out and this is the thanks we get.

This post is no less rude than any other of the Anti-American crap I have been reading, but im sure I will portrayed as the anti-Christ because of it, cause im a stupid American pig.

Oh yea..And at least we can protect our public figures from being killed by paparazzi.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
US bashers
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »

Oh yea..And at least we can protect our public figures from being killed by paparazzi.

At least OUR public figures don't get murdered by their own countrymen  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
That's true. Euros just like to kill Euros from other countries in huge numbers I guess.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
(QUOTE)

I think it is probably unfair to expect Americans to behave like civilised people.

After all, if the outgoing Administration behaves like thieves, looters and small children,

LOL  ,, this quote from a guy living in a place where ancestors were living in a brit prison colony

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 01-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 01-27-2001).]

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »
TheWobble is just an idiot who gives a bad name to other Americans.
Its because of people like you that your country is disliked in many places.

Go and crawl back into your hole.
And then try to pay for this game.

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Go diddly yourself Animal, you know precisely nothing about me, I don't personally attack anyone here, your the amazinhunk.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-27-2001).]

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
US bashers
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2001, 08:10:00 PM »
Hehe, and the first one to lose his cool was .......  

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
Hehe aint it amazing how Wobble proves most of the reasons posted above?

BTW animal, that is one SICK picture. Get help... fast...

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2001, 08:19:00 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hehe aint it amazing how Wobble proves most of the reasons posted above?"

How does me defending myself against a personal attack prove anything other than I dont like personal attacks?

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2001, 09:21:00 PM »
The Wobbel: Nine of ten.
It woulda been ten but the first rebuttle to your "Piss off Euros!" post above came from Australia.

Toad: Five of ten.
The guy you answered got thrown outa Europe awhile back.
If Jekyll turns out to be English just living in Oz ya get a 7.

Animal: One of ten.
You are from Puerto Rico and the "try to pay for this game" line was lame.

TAC: Sorry bud, Zero of ten.
You are from or now living in Florida.

The guys who almost hijacked the topic with intellligent discussion: Nice try!

(BTW TW, ya get another 1/2 point for your last post, good comeback kid.)

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

TheWobble

US bashers
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2001, 09:47:00 PM »
good god sun, no matter how pissed I am you alsways make me laugh  
<S>

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-27-2001).]

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
US bashers
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2001, 10:30:00 PM »
Sure Sun, nice score, I wasnt expecting a better review from Wobble's girlfriend. And what is me being from PR has to do with a low score? hmm..

Oh and Wobble, every time you post you just prove what I said over and over again  

And no, I wont diddly myself if thats what you were going to say AGAIN, thats why I have my fine lady. Your arguments are stupid and you are as smart as a three legged dog.

Like I said, go save some pennies and pay for AH.

Tac: Here's the pic again

------------------
Fat DRUNK Bastards.

Nothing feels sweeter than facing a powerful enemy 1 on 1, the battle is tough, but you emerge victorious. As he types <S>!!! on channel one, you open fire on his chute.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 01-27-2001).]