Author Topic: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns  (Read 3333 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 12:55:36 PM »
ahh that was your bish buff mission that took ftr twn last huh waffle? I noticed not an ounce of defence was put it in as the knights vulched your 2 ftr town bases for 3 hours afterwards...but what the heck there's other fun to be ruined elsewhere....

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS

Taking a FT base / TT is alot of fun - more challenge because theres more defenders.... I'd rather try to organize something to take a large well defended area than go sneaking off noe to milkrun an undefended base.

What the hell is the point in taking an FT base? you people go for the undefended  bases all day long every day... with your mass BoP 60+ plane Jabo missions. And that is a challenge? When all you give a watermelon about is winning the war, one would think that you people would want the "deffenders" off doing something else at another base while you base grabbers have a free run of other bases that aren't being deffended. I know this is how you operate because I've flown in some of your missions to see just what the hell it is that turns you on with upping in masses and overpowering a base with bombs and suiciders.

There's no point in taking any bases in FT other than to piss people off and ruin what fun others are having. While you can go sling bombs at other bases outside of FT, you choose to throw them around in FT thinking that you'll have more participation and support if no one can furball.

Chumps...
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »
I know HT has said there can be no "uncapturable bases" on a map. I know there are no "indestructible" FH's or VH's.

Seems to me though that a little programming effort towards those two items AND the inclusion of a TT AND and FT on all maps would make EVERYONE pretty happy.

Just make it so that TT and FT bases DO NOT count towards reset and don't include VH's in FT just like there are no airfields in TT. The high walls should keep out the vehicles in FT.

The players seeking the all expense paid Hawaiian vacation that they get when their team "wins" the reset would be happy.

The "practice bombers" would be happy. They could practice all they like without hurting either TT or FT.

The FT and TT players would be happy because they could do what they like to do without the interference of the griefers.

No more crying on the BBS either.

Win/Win/Win/Win
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 01:12:26 PM »
Originally posted by duh
Someone today in MA siad-50k walls around TT

Was probably me. I said 50K mountain range around TT and NO Spawn in or out of GV's. This would make for a true tank town. Two replies already to this thread display the kind of disruptive behavior we are talking about. We actually only have one Potentially TRUE tank town on all the maps. That would be the center of Trinity. Its actually not a true "TANK ONLY" battle because of the reasons mentioned above. The Equinox map wouldn’t really qualify because of the Air Bases and the Port's attached to the middle Triangle Island. Same goes for OZkansas.
I wonder if a Map builder has ever submitted a Map with a truly Fighter only and Tank only accessible sections on it?
If so were they rejected by HTC?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 01:29:52 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
I for one enjoy both venues, and I to would like to see the B. S. stop in respects to those areas. They are their for a reason. But I do have to admit, it is fun taking 15 boxes of bombers to fighter town and drop the whole stick at once in the lake and watch everybody disco.:t :D

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

There's no point in taking any bases in FT other than to piss people off and ruin what fun others are having.

But what if I enjoy organizing a mission to take a FT base? What if the participants in the mission enjoy it?

If you want a FT where no one vulches / no one bombs / no one trys to take the base - gather up your cronies and head to an arena that you can police - like the DA. I think thats what that's there for.

FT and TT are real estate in the MA.. real estate is meant to be taken. If on the map with FT, if one side was getting close to being reset - they would be smart to take the 3 FT bases, as those would be the 3 hardest bases to capture - 3 easiset to defend.

FWIW - I'm not in a squad...so you "bop" rant and "play my way "drivel doesn't hold water in your previous post.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »
The views stated above aren't necessarily the views of our sponsors.

Obviously HTC wants it that way or there wouldn't be GV spawns into ( & out of ) TT & FT & there would be mountains too high to fly over & no ord available in TT etc. It would be a simple matter to make TT & FT un-spoiled. Heck, why not just make a whole Fighters only arena & GV only arena & just do away with the DA?

I want Parker Brothers to add the Corsair piece to the monopoly board & make it able to shoot the renters currently in the space. I would like that. Also I'd like to have the challenger tank added to risk so I can keep Asia & Europe easier. Ummmm, one more thing....please let me take the submarine off the battleship board to simulate it being underwater.:lol

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I know HT has said there can be no "uncapturable bases" on a map. I know there are no "indestructible" FH's or VH's.

Seems to me though that a little programming effort towards those two items AND the inclusion of a TT AND and FT on all maps would make EVERYONE pretty happy.

Just make it so that TT and FT bases DO NOT count towards reset and don't include VH's in FT just like there are no airfields in TT. The high walls should keep out the vehicles in FT.

The players seeking the all expense paid Hawaiian vacation that they get when their team "wins" the reset would be happy.

The "practice bombers" would be happy. They could practice all they like without hurting either TT or FT.

The FT and TT players would be happy because they could do what they like to do without the interference of the griefers.

No more crying on the BBS either.

Win/Win/Win/Win

Sounds like a plan to me ;)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »
But what if I enjoy organizing a mission to take a FT base? What if the participants in the mission enjoy it?

How some enjoy a ridiculously over powering mission where you drop all hangers, bomb the living hell out of any and everything you find is something I will never understand. What fun is that? Is there really anything gained out of "winning the war"? That seems to be all you people play for.

What is so satisfying about rolling into a base 50-60 strong and bombing the hangers and town? Then orbiting around waiting for the goon or a hanger to pop up so you can get your vulch on.  Honestly, that's all you people care about? What is so great about winning this "war"? Care to explain that to me? With something other than the standard... "its my 15 bucks". You cant even begin to use the word "team work" in your explaination... That just doesnt wash. I've seen your missions. And its anything but a team work oriented affair. Rather it's, you 10 bomb this quarter of the field, you 10 bomb this quarter and so on... Until the base is nuked. And whoever hasnt augered dropping bombs can orbit until a goon arives/vulch.

Its just sad that so many new players are taken in by the easy mode drop bombs on anything that moves in the MA and not by actual fighting in fighters... Taken in by the newb squads like the Bops.

If you want a FT where no one vulches / no one bombs / no one trys to take the base - gather up your cronies and head to an arena that you can police - like the DA. I think thats what that's there for.

Who are you to say what the MA is and isn't for? FT is for fighting. Simple as that. It was put there so players who dont give a rats bellybutton about taking "real estate" as you put it, can have a place to fight. I'm not saying you can't take bases and horde your undefended enemy fields... I'm simply saying leave the FT bases out of your little war. Esecially on a map that is very unlikely to be reset in the first place...

FWIW - I'm not in a squad...so you "bop" rant and "play my way "drivel doesn't hold water in your previous post.

Oh my mistake... You just fly with them as a bomb carrying drone in their horde.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 02:56:53 PM »

And why is it that you so enjoy the taking of said bases?

First of all  Morph might have a struggle with this one. Seeing how he pointed his finger to the DA when someone suggested a FT arena.
AH2 Has a Fighter Only Arena? He was adamantly opposed to the idea. But it was probably because I was suggesting a separate arena. Or perhaps because MugZ was suggesting anything at all :D.
Secondly and most importantly, No the DA isn’t for what you are suggesting it is for. Doesn’t the word's "Dueling and Arena" mean anything to you? How can it be construed with anything other than a 1v1 Arena? Yes yes..i know what others have evolved it into. But then again isn’t it the same mentality that has evolved the DA into a FFA that is at work here on this subject?
The problem with suggesting that the furball move to the DA is that some are in the DA to do exactly what it was designed for, while other's are there to disrupt their fun, the same as you are describing here in the MA. Why not just admit that you are a griefer and be done with it? Instead you try to give philosophical reasons that are so transparent Ray Charles could see through them.

FT and TT are real estate in the MA.. real estate is meant to be taken. If on the map with FT, if one side was getting close to being reset - they would be smart to take the 3 FT bases, as those would be the 3 hardest bases to capture - 3 easiset to defend. .

Are you so sure about that?
First, what makes you think that those bases are the hardest to capture? It would be as simple as having 6 boxes of B24s level all Fhs at both NME fields in Donut FT, announce the Vulch Fest to fighters in the area and the rest is history. NME supporting bases are too far away get fighter defense back in time. This is true on both Trinity and Equinox. Even an average organized mission to a FT would be an easy take.
Secondly.
Wouldn’t this move those NME fighters to the main front to kick our Butts? Seeing as how you have removed them from their occupying interest as well as peed them off. I see a problem with your strategic thinking.

Has nothing to do with Bop or any other Squad or hoard. Last night the Rooks NOEd  4 bish bases…We took 3 of them them back Above Dar and IN their Face. Meanwhile Nits were having a Stealth fest of their own on Bishop land North on Trinity till they got a Foothold on our Land there. Nits Rooks and Bish all do the same stuff and finger point to the other equally.

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 03:18:46 PM »
Nah, the problem here is that if TT or FT are in a seperate arena, they cant get on 200 and talk all their crap.....

Unfortunatly too many people would rather run their mouth on 200 then play a game...

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Why not just admit that you are a griefer and be done with it? Instead you try to give philosophical reasons that are so transparent Ray Charles could see through them.

I have a problem with that line there...

I like flying bombers in fighter fighter town regulary. You might find me in an a20, an il2...b24s...

I get good gunnery practice and regulary land 4-6 kills per sorty in FT in 24s...lol - That's just leaving bombs on the runway and flying up the middle.

If one side resorts to a mass vulch regulary, like the rooks were - well.. the vulchers should expect to have the tables turned on them and not whine about it. So who were the griefers? the 40 rooks vulching,  and not letting planes up at FT? or am I for organizing something that shut the rooks down? That was fun....I'm sure as much fun or better than the vulchers had.

But to make assumptions and call me a "greifer" in game lingo...that's funny. I guess by that logic - I could call all of you "griefers" for not wanting allowing bombers in that 3 base area.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 03:25:17 PM by Waffle »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »
First of all Morph might have a struggle with this one. Seeing how he pointed his finger to the DA when someone suggested a FT arena.

I'm confused. Forgive me, as I am sick as a dog right now and my brain is not in full fuctioning mode... Maybe you just mistakenly worded the above statement wrong?

DA and FT arena are way different. I've always said that.

Edit: AH, I see what you're trying get at. Im sorry but that's two seperate issues.

One is to make an arena, ie kick the furballers out of the MA so the tool sheders have free rein over their undefended real estate.

Waffle saying "take it to the DA" is no different in the sense that he is saying if you dont want to play by my way and think my style of game play is no fun, which involves wrecking others fun, then get the hell out. When all the furballers are asking is that these bomb toting drones leave the three bases that are meant to be used to fight from alone, until there is no others left to be taken but those bases.

Taking them to win the war is a crock of chit. You dont need to take those bases to win a reset. You could leave all of them alone and 100% intact and one side could still win a reset.

The point I'm made in your little thread Mugz, is that there is no reason to make another arena just because the land grabbers have this fetish of taking bases in FT. There's no reason, nor good excuse to roll a horde up into FT and take control of it. This bullchit of "its all about winning the war" doesnt wash either. If that's all this game has become, "winning the war" then I want no part of it. There is no fight involved in that.

Chasing Runstangs loaded up with bombs back to my base only to have them auger into fighter hangers is not what I would call a "good fight". Which is why deffending bases is boring as hell. You're deffending against guys who can't fight for chit, and only want to get their eggs off onto some hanger. The only challenge in that is seeing how many you can kill in  60 seconds or less before they all auger and die.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:14:39 PM by Morpheus »

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »
Has anyone seen a ruling by HT on this??? (maybe I missed it)

Has he come out and said, That the areas the players are calling "Fighter town" just that... "Fightertown"??? I for one would like to see FT in it's own Arena. FT never worked in the MA in AW and isn't working here...

Without a ruling by HT or FT moved to it own Arena this BS is never going to stop.  Right now the only thing we have is on the AH web site about game play..... And that has the MA as a "Capturing territory" arena. And it does not say anything about a FT or that any bases are offlimits to capture.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 04:09:56 PM »
If one side resorts to a mass vulch regulary, like the rooks were - well.. the vulchers should expect to have the tables turned on them and not whine about it. So who were the griefers? the 40 rooks vulching, and not letting planes up at FT? or am I for organizing something that shut the rooks down? That was fun....I'm sure as much fun or better than the vulchers had.
Vulchers and People the bomb FHrs in FT are both Aholes.  If the shoe fits..

Cav FT arena is only good as a last option.  The MA is the gathering point.  It all happens there or it doesn't happen.  Griefers are aholes and just like RL they are everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:12:33 PM by mars01 »