Author Topic: Complete Military History of France  (Read 2646 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Complete Military History of France
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
In fairness to the French, they DID kill over 3,000 Americans in North Africa in 1942-- U.S. intelligence had wrongly concluded they would let our troop ships enter various harbors unopposed
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 06:41:38 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
So you didn't have a point then...  just sort of a "what if you could flap your arms and fly" type of thing....  ok

forgive me then, i mistook this statement as implying that a hypothetical question is pointless.

the fact that you only attend to certain parts of my posts leads me to believe you agree with the other things i have said, please correct me if that is unfair to assume.

most notably for me are these two statements that you seem to have either overlooked or agreed with/considered so worthless as to not warrant a reply:

1) "unfortunately the ensuing posts were far from humourous, and smacking of the same old tierd bullchit. 'We can say what we like about europeans or any other nation we choose, but I'll be damned if America will be the butt of a joke.'

again, this is the prepubesant amoung an older group defending itself when really it should laugh at itself."

2)"You know when a young lad of maybe 15 years of age is matched with a group of 20-25 year old youths? the young lad will be bright eyed and full of beans, telling stories of his own greatness, generally trying to impress the older guys, exagerating everything and anything in his favour, basically making himself feel comfortable amoungts people who clearly have far more 'history' and experience than him."

number (2) is what makes my original 'rant' not pointless in my eyes, whilst number (1) is the prompt for my participation in this wholy pathetic 'Ameerika rawks, the rest of you suxx0r!' one motive thread.

that motive being to make fun of someone else and vehemently bite the legs of anyone who throws a punch back.

who like Monty Python?  self depreciating humour right there.

alot of people could learn from this. When i make fun of something i try my damndest to make it myself, my beleifs, my country or anything else that can be directly related back to me.

using others as your clown 100% of the time is pure cowardice.

making yourself the clown is rather more comendable, especially if you can make others laugh.

I could write another 5 pages and to some my views will still be 'pointless' in your words, so I'll give up now unless you come up with something worth giving further attention to.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:58 AM »
Batfunk,

You're talking out loud to a wall. Not worth the energy i say...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 06:47:49 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Batfunk,

You're talking out loud to a wall. Not worth the energy i say...
I think it's time to put the boot on the other foot. I'm working on it right now - watch this space...

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 07:33:15 AM »
Nevar foregt teh Grenada.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »
Hmmmmm France - You guys all know where I stand in this one so I'll take liberty to type now what will show up later. Helpin you here Mr. S.

#5 and #7

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 08:03:20 AM »
batfink... I would welcome an invasion of America by the UN...  I hope it is led by frenchmen...

lazs

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 09:05:32 AM »
Texas was a part of the U.S. during the time of the Spanish American War. Also part of the U.S. During the Mexican American War.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »
He is speaking of WWI not WWII,btw Lundendorff forgot the 8th Army in the east during the spring offensive so I guess not all german army switched to the west front  :)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »
yes Virginia, it's true , Europeans hate America.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »
Theres a reason why "French Military History" has achieved 'comedy gold' status.

Lets let the French explain it thorughly.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
He is speaking of WWI not WWII,btw Lundendorff forgot the 8th Army in the east during the spring offensive so I guess not all german army switched to the west front  :)

Oh crap.
It' is deleted.
My apologies to everyone.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 09:46:16 AM by KgB »
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 09:44:58 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
yes Virginia, it's true , Europeans hate America.

True,but it's not only Europeans..whole world:cry

Offline z0rch

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/GOOSE.wmv
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 09:47:16 AM »
batfink... I would welcome an invasion of America by the UN... I hope it is led by frenchmen...

Americans would great the invasion with overwhelming force and technology. Every American male from 8 to 80 would be lined up with an M-16, F-22. Laser Guided SAM, Smart Bombs, Submarines and Tactical Nukes.

The French of course, would never show up for the battle.

The American males would then return home to celebrate their victory, and wonder why their now pregnant women have developed a taste for Pernod.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 10:09:13 AM »
Originally posted by z0rch
Americans would great the invasion with overwhelming force and technology. Every American male from 8 to 80 would be lined up with an M-16, F-22. Laser Guided SAM, Smart Bombs, Submarines and Tactical Nukes.

The French of course, would never show up for the battle.

The American males would then return home to celebrate their victory, and wonder why their now pregnant women have developed a taste for Pernod.

I bet it would feel a little wierd to "Tacticaly Nuke" your own land:)