Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2006, 11:36:35 PM »
WTF??

GIVE a teenager a job?  WTF??

When the hell did it become requisite to GIVE a teenager a job? How about, give teenagers jobs when they show up for the interivew looking, talking, smelling and acting like they're employable?

Nobody wants a guy wearing makeup, waxed hair, a leather jacket, jeens down around his bellybutton with his shoes untied and a trout lure hangin off his ear delivering a pizza, son.

*sigh*

GIVE a teenager a job, my ass... yah gotta earn[/i] the damn job. Yah gotta compete for a job.

Welcome to the real world, son.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2006, 11:37:43 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
WTF??

GIVE a teenager a job?  WTF??

When the hell did it become requisite to GIVE a teenager a job? How about, give teenagers jobs when they show up for the interivew looking, talking, smelling and acting like they're employable?

Nobody wants a guy wearing makeup, waxed hair, a leather jacket, jeens down around his bellybutton with his shoes untied and a trout lure hangin off his ear deliving a pizza, son.

*sigh*

GIVE a teenager a job, my ass... yah gotta earn[/i] the damn job. Yah gotta compete for a job.

Welcome to the real world, son.

Hang speaketh truth.

It's harder to supervise a teenager than to just do the job myself.
sand

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »
Is it legal for a foreigner to work in Mexico?

Yes, provided that you have the right permit.   You are not permitted to travel to Mexico, enter as a tourist and seek gainful employment there.   You must have the correct migratory permits to do so before you go.

Mexican Work Permit

Read the links on Immigration etc.

Now, I have no issue with people coming here to gain citizenship.  That is what this nation is founded on, and bless them for wanting a better life.

But as Vincente Fox urges the US to ease up, they have some pretty interesting standards themselves.
Investors
You can receive an immigration permit if you are willing to invest your capital in Mexico.    You investment can be directed at industry or services, and must equal a minimum of 40,000 times the minimum daily wage in Mexico City.

I am totally stunned by the protesters on the steps of the Capital today.  Proudly proclaining their Illegal Status while Insisting they have the Right to be here.  No, they have no rights in that respect.  They have visitor status.  They have the Opportunity to Gain Citizenship.  They Gain Rights when they Become Citizens.

Has this world really gotten this crazy where we even have to Debate something as fundamental as this?
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2006, 11:42:14 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Nobody wants a guy wearing makeup, waxed hair, a leather jacket, jeens down around his bellybutton with his shoes untied and a trout lure hangin off his ear delivering a pizza, son.

Actually, that sounds kinda sexy!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2006, 11:46:41 PM »
Originally posted by Mr Big
Actually, that sounds kinda sexy!

You're scaring me.
sand

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:17 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
LMAO. You gotta be kidding me.

If this whole Mexican labour thing shows one thing, it's that anyone can do construction... and that it's all just a matter of who is willing to do it and for what price.

Damn...

Mexicans who have never even constructed Mechano nevermind anything else in their entire lives, and who can't even speak English, can somehow within a year seize a mightily threatening grip on the "art" that is construction...

mexicans arnt doing "skilled labour" there moving heavy stuff from A to B and putting in nails...

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
Younger kids would have a better chance to compete with out illegals.  I noe what these kids do, either a paris hilton rip off or a wanna be gangsta.  But maybe with with half a chance they can turn around and surprise u.  U got ur 16 year old moron but u got the kids that noe how to act.  But now with out a job and nothin else to do this "good" kid will eventually turn into the worst one of them all. I see these kids all the time, wants some cloths or a car and turns to crime.  Give the kid a fightin chance.

Also the fact that he will act like a dam moron is the fact that his parents arent rising him right(another big problem).  All im sayin is give him a chance. Whether its a young teenaer tryin to save money for a car or a guy in college(or tryin to go back like me) tryin to pay for books.

Its hard to compete with somethin that works for almost half. Im a solid 250lb ex linebacker and im still somewhat in shape and i speak ENGLISH, ur tellin me a illegal mexican is more quailifed to work at a moving company then i am.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2006, 02:01:25 AM »
I've read on a few blogs that so-cal freeways are strangely... "normal"... instead of insanely overcrowded like usual.  Jerry Pournelle reports that it took only 3 hrs to get from his place in San Diego back up to LA...  A new world record apparently.

With results like that, I hope they stay home.  The legal immigrants will eventually get back to work and people who employ illegals will either find new employees, new price points, or re-do their business model in a manner that is actually LEGAL this time.  I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Nobody I know relies on illegal immigrant labor.  My Dad picked fruit "back in the day" so the claims that produce prices will go through the roof are simply BS.

Boot the illegals, and the legal immigrants will find less discrimination since there will be less resentment over their presence.  And fine or throw in jail any employers who gripe about their illegal employees not showing up to work.

The lazy fatprettythanges who rely on illegals to mow their lawns might actually get out and get some exercise... oh teh horrorz!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2006, 02:14:46 AM »
why mow?

rent a goat.

1-800-SOB-GOAT

and it's easier to catch than a cat.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »
Hmmmm...4 1/2 years after 9/11 and many billions of dollars later spent on foriegn soil, and we STILL don't have secure borders here at home??

That's what we all should be pissed about.

Secure the borders....and the problem is mitigated a great deal.

Both parties are enjoying a banner year on kool-aid sales.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »
The political parties are focused 99% on re-election, not on any reasonable concern for properly governing the country.  I think term limits (with certain rule-based exceptions) are the only answer.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2006, 08:29:25 AM »
nash knows as much about construction as he does about the rest of America.... nothing.

The construction work illegals are doing is a joke... it takes three of em to do a job that a construction worker of 20 years ago would be ashamed of... but... they do it for 1/3 the wages and they aren't picky about little things like benifets and overtime and that kinda thing...

nope mr big... the only way to stop it is to arrest the employers.  You can round up whatever dregs remain after the demand goes down to allmost nothing.  

Toad... the U.S. stopped all meanigful arrests of employers in 1992

A cop will sit and watch 20 illegals pile into the back of some sleazy employers pickup at a safeway parking lot and pretend he doesn't see a thing but.... if you ride your motorcyle by him without a helmet... he will call for backup and they will run you through every background check they can think of.

A day without an immigrant?   My son called it... a morning without a leafblower...

I say it didn't work good enough.... I didn't get the point... next time, make it a decade without an immigrant and see if I get it.

Those of you who think we can't live without illegals are just plain stupid and being manipulated.   What the illegals give us we don't need.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
If this whole Mexican labour thing shows one thing, it's that anyone can do construction... and that it's all just a matter of who is willing to do it and for what price.

Yah, anyone can do it but not everyone can do it well.

There's been some recent press on just how crappy the new homes turned out by these "quick to grasp the skills required" illegals that are driving the nails in the new home industry.

But then it's not about doing it well anymore.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2006, 08:43:10 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Yah, anyone can do it but not everyone can do it well.

There's been some recent press on just how crappy the new homes turned out by these "quick to grasp the skills required" illegals that are driving the nails in the new home industry.

But then it's not about doing it well anymore.

The crappiness of the homes has nothing to do with the unskilled illegals, but the Home Building owners being cheap as dirt and skimping on many things then overcharging.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:18 AM »
So we presure the employers forcing illegals to go home. We then pay more for avacados and you have to mow your own damn grass and clean your own toilet. How much do think you're already paying for the invaders kids to go to your school or their health care?