Author Topic: Zarqawi Gone?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »
wtg USAF

F-16s 1

Al-Zarqawi 0

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
They got him Sandy. I saw the pics, watching CNN now... looks like him to me.

Seems to be a very well orchestrated release of info.. I'm a bit suspicious of timing, and I think the relevance attached to his passing is greatly over done. I smell an AQ rat in cahoots with Iranian interests spoon feeding intel to us to make the hit.

Regardless, killing this guy was a job that needed doing.

:huh :huh

You make it sound like it was a bad thing.

Seems to be a very well orchestrated release of info

Why is this bad?

I'm a bit suspicious of timing

Why? Was there a better time to say he was dead?

I think the relevance attached to his passing is greatly over done.

I don't know! Can you overstate the importance of the death of the number one target in Iraq for the last several years?

I smell an AQ rat in cahoots with Iranian interests spoon feeding intel to us to make the hit.

How could you possibly know this and even if it was true why is it a bad thing?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2006, 10:38:32 AM »
IF AlQeada in Iraq gave him up, it might serve two purposes for them. It makes their #1 a martyr, and it allows them to change directions and refocus without admitting they were going the wrong way. A change of leadership, creation of a martyr, and a saving of face.

IF they capitalize on it, by restricting their actions to attacking coalition forces, and NOT killing Iraqis, it could help them more than hurt them.

IF they continue to try to encourage sectarian violence and to kill Iraqis, then this is a bad thing for them.

I think I mentioned Task Force 140 earlier, and that is probably incorrect, I think the correct unit is Task Force 145.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2006, 10:52:18 AM »
On the news this morning, they said it was attack helicopters that got him, not a 500lb bomb.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2006, 10:56:12 AM »
Hey, Mighty1...

clue for yah.

The government lies.

The Media lies.

If yer willing to take as gospel what they put in front of us, hey; go ahead.

I choose to question everything they do.. the media and the government are not 'here to help', they are not 'fair and balanced' and they do not give a rats bellybutton about a damn thing not closely associated with power or ratings.

I revel in the victory of Zaqarwi's execution. I question the interesting coincidences regarding locating him and killing him coinciding with Iranian interests in Iraq.

You may return to the Kool Aid dispenser. I don't care for the flavor of the season.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »
At the military press conference, they said it was two F-16 each with one 500 pounder.  Both dropped greetings.

They said they had body markings and fingerprints showing positive ID and DNA is processing.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2006, 10:57:49 AM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
On the news this morning, they said it was attack helicopters that got him, not a 500lb bomb.

Video released shows it to be two 500# laser guided bombs dropped from one or two F-16's flying CAP.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Goomba

• Copper Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:09 AM »
Just another rabid animal properly put down.

Too bad it wasn't done with a dull Ka-Bar, over a period of gurgling, heel-drumming hours, though.

Ah, well...can't have everything, I suppose.

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »
What great news to start the day!:aok

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
ewee..you can tell the concusion turned hsi brain into liquid...look at his nose..it defintyl was leaking his brain out..NICE JOB MORTICIANS..reminds me of the saddma brothers...thsoe morticians do a pretty good job...

btw..does thsi women scare you?  I dotn get it..I though womesn rights were strongly limited..cant driv ebut has glock?..ouch

An elderly woman fires a pistol in the air to celebrate the news that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's leader in Iraq who led a bloody campaign of suicide bombings and kidnappings, has been killed in an air raid north of Baghdad, in the Sadr City area of Baghdad, Iraq Thursday, June 8, 2006. She was given the pistol by a police officer she knew to join in the celebrations by firing in the air. (AP Photo/Karim Kadim)

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »
just watched the video...SHACK ! he had it easier than his victims...WTG USAF.

Offline Scatcat

• Copper Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
:aok

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:46 PM »
Originally posted by Spooky
just watched the video...SHACK ! he had it easier than his victims...WTG USAF.

Let me know where to DL it and put a torrent up.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »
Originally posted by Wolfala
Let me know where to DL it and put a torrent up.

On CNN website so far...

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Zarqawi Gone?
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$