Author Topic: HO fighting....  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2006, 01:43:24 AM »
And if a head on is presented, I die with honor by not pulling the trigger.
====
This made me fart :huh
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »
Originally posted by lagger86
I have been told to avoid Ho's, but it seems that every time I try to get an angle on someone they turn around and come straight at me...(well the good one's don't, they just disappear and end up about 200 behind me as my wings and tail blow off) but when faced with a plane coming at me, what are my options, I dive...I lose a tail, I climb...I lose a wing....I shoot and I die in a collision. I'm doing my best to avoid head ons, but it seems like alot of people don't. I `guess it takes time and practice...and to all the people I've ho'd...sorry, I'm really trying to avoid it.

Sir...call me out in MA sometime. I will go to DA or TA and challenge you to get a shot on me HO...betcha cant. After which i will show you how to avoid an HO if you so desire. Let me know.
Now there is the situation where you try for an angle shot but the NME simply has been given enough airspace to get turned HO pass after pass.
This is where you have to be patient and slowly close the gap 1 pass at a time. Eventually you will crowd his airspace and get inside his turn radius . With enough time and an environment that allows...you can finally get the shot you want, or at least A shot of some sort. Herein lies the problem. In the MA 99% of the time, when you take the time needed in such circumstances, you will be bounced by another NME or Picked.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2006, 08:17:48 AM »
Originally posted by Charge
If I fly a 190A8, which I often do, the shots when 1 vs 1 are really scarce because the thing turns like a brick and cannot accelerate or run away easily if you don't have near max level speed so you bet I'll HO because that is probably the only firing chance I'll get.

Flying a plane with good maneuverability, say, Spit you can opt for early merge because of good E retention and the two hissos hit hard but fire slowly so the chances of hitting are smaller that with 4x20mm of 190.

I mean it dependes of the plane you fly and of what plane is against you in that situation. If you are low on fuel and RTB:ing you probably HO with any plane and if you do not hit you are dead anyway. So it dependes of the situation too.

I don't have anything against HO'ers. HO me anytime, and I'll HO you back. :D

-C+

Me too, have had some really good fights in the A8.  Actually it is safer to LOOK like you are going to HO me.  I will pass and it's fight on.  I'll just wait and see what the other pilot does during the merge.  BUT if you nose down at 1k out to pass under me, I am going to roll 90deg to the left crack in some rudder and fill your plane with 20mm's.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
VegasX is my CO and he is a great person.  Believe it or not, but the squad is made up of over 60 members.  I avoid ho's at all cost.  And if a head on is presented, I die with honor by not pulling the trigger.

Masherbrum

Kermie, I know your a damn good stick and had the pleasure of being "clipped" by your gunfire in the MA.   We'll have have to go to the DA sometime so I can learn me a couple of things.  

You're damn right, VegasX IS a good person.  

<> Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2006, 09:11:08 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'd just like to point out that anyone in a plane with a major manueverability advantage that HO's a relatively unmanueverable opponent is a tardling.

The only thing better than a major manueverability advantage is a major firepower advantage. HOWN!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »
Originally posted by g00b

There is one caveat, a duel with pre-arranged rules and ettiquete, often includes a wings-level, guns-cold merge at the start.

Wings level? :confused: :huh

Who've you been dueling?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2006, 11:57:06 AM »
ho are so easy to avoid its not funny if you cant avoid one you suck! if your getting killed by ho's its your fault! another moment spent by skuzzy having to read another HO thread is a waste of hitechcreations time.

might as well start another spit la7 thread!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
HO fighting....
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2006, 12:05:35 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
ho are so easy to avoid its not funny if you cant avoid one you suck! if your getting killed by ho's its your fault! another moment spent by skuzzy having to read another HO thread is a waste of hitechcreations time.

might as well start another spit la7 thread!

Sooner or later, people will learn that it doesn't take two.  If one moves out the way, sometimes the other will get a lucky high deflection shot.  No skill whatsoever to get that kind of shot.

If 1 guys moves out the way, technically, it is no longer a head on for both, but just a "high" deflection shot by the one willing to ho in the first place.  Those of you waiting for the guy to move out the way first, only to use rudder to get that snapshot are taking the low skill way of killing.
Most people don't care about how they get a kill, as long as they get a kill.  Not everyone plays for the same reasons.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2006, 12:05:59 PM »
ho are so easy to avoid its not funny if you cant avoid one you suck

In a 1 on 1 yes.what about a 3 on 1? when there is 3 against you and all 3 of them HO shoot you?2 of them are spi16's and the other 1 is a la-7.What then oh might Icemaw?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2006, 12:19:23 PM »
ho are so easy to avoid its not funny if you cant avoid one you suck!

On Mindanao at A28 I dove in a Spit 5.   Our field was capped.  I shot down two.  Next thing I see coming out of a loop is NO LESS than 6 Knights HO ing me.   Now come on Ice, I'm sorry but those 6+ Knights "suck" more.   They all missed proving my last point, but it is pathetic that when in the minority the "majority" are still HO'ing because they have no ACM.    

Also I was between A5 and A217 against the Bish on Trinity last map.  There were two Rooks on 5 Bish.  They HO'd on every pass they made.   It's pathetic.   It tells me one thing "having the quantity, doesn't mean their quality".  

I choose not HO and 90% the passes are cold pases from me.   They'll be blazing away.   Hell, a couple of tours ago I was in a Spit1, and HO'd a 110 removing a wing from his craft.  HE was firing at 1.2 out and never hit me.   If you CANNOT hit a plane with 30's, "you suck".   He even called me a cheat which made my day that much better knowing the dolt used the 110 as a HO wagon and nothing more.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2006, 01:02:15 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
In a 1 on 1 yes.what about a 3 on 1? when there is 3 against you and all 3 of them HO shoot you?2 of them are spi16's and the other 1 is a la-7.What then oh might Icemaw?

well a spit16 and a la7 thats different they are gonna ho you for sure.

come its a 3 on 1 who are you levi you really expect to live through that your gonna die to one of them anyways what difference does it make where he was when he shot you down.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
On Mindanao at A28 I dove in a Spit 5.   Our field was capped.  I shot down two.  Next thing I see coming out of a loop is NO LESS than 6 Knights HO ing me.   Now come on Ice, I'm sorry but those 6+ Knights "suck" more.   They all missed proving my last point, but it is pathetic that when in the minority the "majority" are still HO'ing because they have no ACM.    

Also I was between A5 and A217 against the Bish on Trinity last map.  There were two Rooks on 5 Bish.  They HO'd on every pass they made.   It's pathetic.   It tells me one thing "having the quantity, doesn't mean their quality".  

I choose not HO and 90% the passes are cold pases from me.   They'll be blazing away.   Hell, a couple of tours ago I was in a Spit1, and HO'd a 110 removing a wing from his craft.  HE was firing at 1.2 out and never hit me.   If you CANNOT hit a plane with 30's, "you suck".   He even called me a cheat which made my day that much better knowing the dolt used the 110 as a HO wagon and nothing more.

ya well i can see that you were going to shoot them all down if they didnt all ho you at once:rofl
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »
ya well i can see that you were going to shoot them all down if they didnt all ho you at once:rofl

so you agree that what happened was just the "slightest bit lame"?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
come its a 3 on 1 who are you levi you really expect to live through that your gonna die to one of them anyways what difference does it make where he was when he shot you down

Well with that atitude i don't see how you would survive.I regularly fly into a 3 or a 4 or a 5 on 1.Way more fun to do and there is no one there to steal my kills and plenty of targets to shoot at.It;s not always about the kills or getting your name up in lights so you can get a bunch of WTG's for  banging 2 in a La-7 or a spit16.I fly my P-40 into 3 on 1 's cuz it's fun.I didn't care if i got shot up before i did it, and i don't care after wards.

That is what i believe is one of the main problems with the MA anymore.It use to be about base capture and winning the war, now it;s about blood thirsty La and spit pilots who feel the will get satisfaction by seeing their wittle name up in lights.Or the score potato who say " lets go too the DA so i can get a lucky deflection on you in my uber late war ride".

But thats just my   .02 centz

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2006, 01:54:17 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot

Or the score potato who say " lets go too the DA so i can get a lucky deflection on you in my uber late war ride".

What do you think of a P-40E vs. an F4U-1?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group