Author Topic: Foley-gate congressional perv  (Read 2963 times)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Foley-gate congressional perv
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:45:16 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/01/foley.quits/

Congressmen: "strip down."
Teen: says he's wearing a T-shirt
Congressmen: "Love to slip them off of you."
Congressmen: "Do I make you a little horny?"

Republicans knew this dude was exchanging lewd messages with young boys for a year, rumors that he was some kinda pervert circulated for years prior to that. When it made its way to some bipartisan committee thats responsible for that junk, the Repubs failed to tell the other side.. ignoring what's right to protect their political sphincter, hide the truth and allow the perv to continue being a perv.

So what did they do when the page reported the incident? one of his republican cronies asked him if it was true, and accepted every ounce of chocolate goodnesszle unconditionally.

"Hey man, are you like a sex predator?"
"Nah"
"Whew!, ok cool, drinks at the club later ole chap?"

Republicans are now taking a line right of out that old flick "Clear and present danger", something to the effect "I am just now becoming aware of things..." a full year after the page forwarded the lewd messages to the proper authority?

I hope all you staunch supporters of these parties are real proud, Democrats are the party of blow-job liars, Repubes wack-o banana liars.

The legacy of failure and corruption will continue though, neither party has any worry of losing power to a 3rd party, so they'll spin damage control knowing this too shall pass and continue business as usual covering up each others nasty cheese.

That whizzing sound you hear are the founding fathers spinning in their graves.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »
Consensus here seems to be that this was nowhere near as bad as Clinton having relations with a legal adult.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 09:39:15 AM »
Both parties are cesspools.   I'm done with the "two-party system".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:52:47 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Consensus here seems to be that this was nowhere near as bad as Clinton having relations with a legal adult.

Incorrect. A distinct hipocrisy was demonstrated by the left in that thread.  The difference being this guy foley stepped down, whereas Clinton tried to use his presidency to avoid testifying and that he was immune to any lawsuit and crimminal investigation yet got a "pass" from the left. That is what made Clinton actions far more extensive and egregious.  I found both acts (Clinton and Foley) to be equally horrendous.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:56:30 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:01:01 AM »
The other difference is that Foley is going to get criminal charges and I don't think there will be any sort of pardon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:37:37 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
The other difference is that Foley is going to get criminal charges and I don't think there will be any sort of pardon.

That's a difference worth noting. Seems that every time a democrat is accused of a crime it's always part of the "vast right wing conspiracy". There seems to be no or little importance placed upon personal responsibility or accountability on the left.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »
Anyone remember Democrat Representive Gerry Studds?

Studds is remembered chiefly for his role in the Congressional page sex scandal in 1983, when he and Representative Dan Crane were censured by the House of Representatives for separate sexual relationships with a minor – in Studds's case, a 1973 relationship with a 17-year-old male congressional page.

During the course of the House Ethics Committee's investigation, Studds publicly acknowledged his homosexuality, a disclosure that, according to a Washington Post article, "apparently was not news to many of his constituents." Studds stated in an address to the House, "It is not a simple task for any of us to meet adequately the obligations of either public or private life, let alone both, but these challenges are made substantially more complex when one is, as I am, both an elected public official and gay."

As the House read their censure of him, Studds turned his back and ignored them. Later, at a press conference with the former page standing beside him, the two stated that what had happened between them was nobody's business but their own.

He was re-elected to the house for 5 terms after this. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »
Originally posted by lukster
That's a difference worth noting. Seems that every time a democrat is accused of a crime it's always part of the "vast right wing conspiracy". There seems to be no or little importance placed upon personal responsibility or accountability on the left.

Absolutely.  At least Foley had the decency to step down. Democrats tend to feel that its "nobody's business but theirs".

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »
Clinton didn't get in trouble for getting a BJ from a legal adult, he got in trouble for lying under oath.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Clinton didn't get in trouble for getting a BJ from a legal adult, he got in trouble for lying under oath.

Actually he got in trobule for years of sexually abusing and harrassing the weaker sex.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
Clinton got in trouble because the republicans were focused on a political witch hunt rather than protecting national security.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:29 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Clinton got in trouble because the republicans were focused on a political witch hunt rather than protecting national security.

Don't forget the "vast right wing conspiracy". :rolleyes:

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »
First let me state that I neither condone nor accept that what this "person" did was proper, legal or morrally correct. He's out of office and facing prosecution and I am happy to let the system do it's thing.

What I do have a question about is this statement from x0847Marine's post.
When it made its way to some bipartisan committee thats responsible for that junk, the Repubs failed to tell the other side..

If it was a bipartison committee looking into this, how was it kept from "the other side"? It seems to me that the term "bipartisan" pretty much says that the "other side", assuming the Demo's in this case are the other side, would be rather privvy to the "scandalous" information. So is this a "republican" scandal or a republican AND democratic party scandal??
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Both parties are cesspools.   I'm done with the "two-party system".

Common misconception, it's a one party system masquerading as a two party system.
Who are you to wave your finger?