Author Topic: Can you stand after being tased?  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Can you stand after being tased?
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
What you don't realize is that I'm not one to sacrifice freedom for safety.

this is going to be eaten alive so I'm going to leave it alone.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »

Exactly what freedom are you losing?  

Arm bars and joint locks are about inducing PAIN to end resistance or struggle.  It stems from Judo, the Marines used to call it L.I.N.E. training.  wich stands for "Linear Involuntary Neurological override Engagement"  

so what's the difference.  If the force applied is no different than that of a joint lock are a night stick than and it is below the amount of force allowed by law than you arent losing any freedoms yet you would tell somone that puts there life on the line every day FOR YOUR FREEDOMS that their safety doesnt matter to you.  The safety of others around them doesnt matter.

But again I ask what freedoms you are losing?

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »

Thankfully the courts, full of people much wiser and learned than you, have already determined "the rules".. what you think you have sacrificed has already been gone for decades... mostly through case law.

With PC, officers can detain you for up to 30min, the courts have decided 30 min is reasonable. While detained you can be subject to a "cursory search", or pat down for weapons.. the courts have decided there must be a balance between citizens rights and officer safety. Any evidence found during a pat down is admissible, if you refuse you are subject to arrest per 148PC, period.

And the laws have been specifically written to address use of force, you might look at the Cali peace officers bill of rights, aka AB301, among others that recognize the police have a very tough job and that using "necessary force" is the cost of doing business, and that untrained civilians who don't know any better are not the ones who get to decide what is proper.

Speaking of the usual cry of "more training", I have to laugh.. its the more training whiners that forced me to sit for 5 hours on my day off and listen to gay couples tell me how they live, under the guise of "sensitivity training".. I wanted to vomit until I got my double time laden paycheck... paid for by YOU tax payers.

Short of a Jedi mind trick, there is no easy way to deal with people who are "COC", the only training we ever got that really worked was pain compliance.

And I'll tell you from personal experience, I was out there every day dealing with angry state boy / parolee / gangster scum who hated white cops... I had my nose broken, fingers fractured and a busted foot dealing with dusters, once the tazer arrived I decided I was done getting hurt scrapping with these fools, I'd drop em dead in their tracks at 10-15 feet at the 1st sign of trouble, no apologies.. 100% dept sanctioned, legal and safer for all involved.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »
That's quite the fantasy world you have going there SuperDud.
Well you must be living in the land of sugar plums and gum drops. :aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2006, 06:18:59 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Well you must be living in the land of sugar plums and gum drops. :aok

no no no  you got it wrong.  "You don't need to see my ID" (as he waves his hand)

;)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006, 06:31:24 PM »

What freedom?

Who's safety?

Do you assume there is a right to tresspass?

Do you assume there is a right to refuse to leave when told to by the library personnel?

By the Police who were called to the library?

Do you assume there is a right to disturb the peace of an educational institution?

Do you assume there is a right to assault a Police Officer?

Do you assume the Police Officer has no right to NOT be assaulted by every moron who has an axe to grind?

Please tell me wtf the difference there is between pain compliance with a tazer vs an arm bar in your mind?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2006, 08:43:23 PM »
This reminds me of the Rodney King video in 1990.  Everyone was up in arms about how brutal the police were... and I was actually disturbed by the video.  Not by the beating, but that I rely on these folks to separate me from 'undesireables', and must trust them.  Until the day comes (which will be anarchy) that I can 'pop a cap' in any homey who threatens me, I am very grateful for the police.

As most know, in hindsite Rodney was an 'undesireable' and if the video was watched objectively defied the police orders to stay down (and he was on PCP I think).  Which is in direct contrast to 'stand up'.  Hmm, maybe there's a pattern here?

While the Rodney King video wasn't funny (the police were way too serious), this one is!  

Regards,

Malta

p.s. If you 'accidentally' tazer someone, is it a crimial offense?

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:38 PM »
Fishu, love your ignorant dribble. Its not even worth repeating again in quotes. Did you crawl out from under your rock in Finland to spread the arm chair quarterbacks ignorant  theorys of what some officer should do? Get a life dude!!!

As far as the other posts who share the same mentality, post your occupations so when someone in your line of work makes the news I can slam everyone for it and come to the same ignorant and stupid conclusions that I have seen here.

Obviously since you are not police officers and havnt got a clue about what one does at work. Oh but you watch COPS on TV so you are all instant experts and are capable of coming to these divine conclusions on what someone should have done different. I love the one about the cop who should have told everyone in the crowd to get and back and and then give his name and badge number to everyone there.:rofl

For the non LEO taser experts who  have never been tased........I have been tased, but some how that doesnt qualify me to be an expert. But  when the 5 seconds of the tase where over with, the involuntary muscle contractions were over and I could  very easily resume anything that I was doing before that. As soon it was over it was back to full function. Im sure that will be hard for you to understand since your the experts.

There is an old saying, "dont judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins". Sounds like a lot of you have already done that. Why are you wasting your valuable knowledge on this web site.

So, come on you experts. lets here those occupations!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:44:50 PM by M36 »
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
I loved this video! That guy being tazed should have been zapped a dozen more times, imo.

"Here's your patriot act!.........ahhhhhhhh!"  LOL!

What a moron that kid is.

Good stuff.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
But you could honestly stand up on your own if instructed to do so after being tased?

What do you think of the video?

You obviously don't remember this thread

And I didn't need to be instructed to stand up after I got hit.  I jumped up and started laughing with a big grin on my face... glad it was over and I had done it.  It was one of those guy things... you know how it is.  It's voluntary, but nobody in a police academy is going to be the guy that doesn't do it, and then the girls do it so they don't get **** from the guys for the rest of the academy.  So everybody does it.  :D

We all emptied our tanks (both ends) before the zap though... we had heard stories, and none of us wanted to be the one that peed/shat himself/herself.  :)

As far as the video goes, the guy was either stunned, wasn't trying very hard, or was just hamming it up for the cameras.  You have the physical ability to stand up immediately after the shock ends.  Whether you have it together mentally enough after getting the shock of your life (haha, pun!) to stand up of course depends.  

I have a VHS video of our class getting tased... if I could figure out how to get it to youtube I'd post it so y'all could laugh at me.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006, 04:08:05 AM »
Originally posted by M36
I have been tased, but some how that doesnt qualify me to be an expert. But  when the 5 seconds of the tase where over with, the involuntary muscle contractions were over and I could  very easily resume anything that I was doing before that. As soon it was over it was back to full function. Im sure that will be hard for you to understand since your the experts.

Yeah yeah, old story. You got tased *once*, like the other experts alike you. How about if you get tased several times? That's whole lot different than one or two jolts. The more you get tased the worse you get and the less you'll be trying to get up.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006, 04:26:42 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Yeah yeah, old story. You got tased *once*, like the other experts alike you. How about if you get tased several times? That's whole lot different than one or two jolts. The more you get tased the worse you get and the less you'll be trying to get up.

Not so long ago there was a video about a drunk driver who started giving attitude to a highway patrolman. He was stupid enough to get 4-5 hits from the tazer. The video ended with the conversation:

Officer: Put your hands behind your head
Man: (lying down on the ground) I can't
Officer: Put your hands behind your head or I will taze you
Officer: Zzz>ZZzzZZZ
Officer: Put your hands behind your head or you'll get tazed again
Man: I can't! You fluff'n hammered me!

Officer walks to the man and helps his hands behind his back for cuffing.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006, 08:16:17 AM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
You obviously don't remember this thread

And I didn't need to be instructed to stand up after I got hit.  I jumped up and started laughing with a big grin on my face... glad it was over and I had done it.  It was one of those guy things... you know how it is.  It's voluntary, but nobody in a police academy is going to be the guy that doesn't do it, and then the girls do it so they don't get **** from the guys for the rest of the academy.  So everybody does it.  :D

We all emptied our tanks (both ends) before the zap though... we had heard stories, and none of us wanted to be the one that peed/shat himself/herself.  :)

As far as the video goes, the guy was either stunned, wasn't trying very hard, or was just hamming it up for the cameras.  You have the physical ability to stand up immediately after the shock ends.  Whether you have it together mentally enough after getting the shock of your life (haha, pun!) to stand up of course depends.  

I have a VHS video of our class getting tased... if I could figure out how to get it to youtube I'd post it so y'all could laugh at me.

Get or borrow a MiniDV digital movie camera (other digital camera formats will probably work too).  Most, or maybe all, have an analog input.  You can play the VHS into the digital recorder and it will convert it to digital on the MiniDV tape.  Then use Windows Movie Maker to upload the from the MiniDV camera to your PC via a FireWire (some brands may use USB?)  Read the manual on the camera before you buy/try.  The last time I looked Canon’s cheapest $250 digital MiniDV camera could do this.

Here's a clip of mine that was converted as described:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PT1wIyc2E0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:18:26 AM by eskimo2 »

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2006, 08:26:05 AM »
Yeah yeah, old story. You got tased *once*

Ok Fishu in  Finland, tell us how many times you have been tased and what you did that caused  the officer that tase you? Tell us what your qualifications are to be the forum taser expert. If you read my post again you will see that I did not claim to be an expert, but I guess you only read what you want to read. While your at it what is your occupation?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:28:16 AM by M36 »
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »
Sign ze papers old man.   ;)