Author Topic: take the challenge and speak the blasphemy  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
take the challenge and speak the blasphemy
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2006, 03:44:07 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

If he had a pair tho he would have a contest to see who could draw the best allah cartoon and publish em all.  

Been there.  Done that.  Got nowhere.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2006, 03:46:12 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
so all you that do not believe are not celebrating Christmas right?
I'm sure you don't want to be considered a hypocrite .....

How many people in this country celebrate Christmas for religious reasons anymore, anyway?

I haven't run into a whole lot up here (save the elderly)...  But of course this is just one tiny corner of the nation...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2006, 04:04:35 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
No.  If you never believed, it **MIGHT** not apply.  Belief in the thing doesn't make it exist, or not exist.  It might be there whether or not you choose to believe in it.

Whatever religious book etc. you (meaning anyone)choose to believe in is your business. Dont see how Gov Richard Perry of Texas saying that all non Christians are going to Hell has anything to do with me.
So many religions and they cant all be right. I believe none of them have it right. But if anyone here has sat down with their God please fill us in as to the answer. And I want pictures.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2006, 04:23:53 AM »
Richard Petty is Governor of Texas??:O
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2006, 08:22:46 AM »
Silat, ihope you own a flame retard-ant suit because God is going to do a cooking show with your soul - probably featuring some sort of flambe' dish.

Merry Christmas Pooh :) Happy Holidays Silat! :)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2006, 08:45:59 AM »
Who was the guy that was buying people's souls here a few years back?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »
According to Mark 3:29 in the Holy Bible, "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Jesus will forgive you for just about anything, but he won't forgive you for denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. Ever. This is a one-way road you're taking here.

The actual context for this verse is that Yeshua, the Rebbe from Nazareth, was working obvious miracles of driving demonic spirits out of people. Some of the eyewitnesses in the entourage said that Yeshua was driving out spirits, not by the power of God, but by the power of Satan, i.e. calling the Holy Spirit an unclean, satanic spirit. That is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that Yeshua said would never find forgiveness, not denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. In fact there are comments in the Talmud that Yeshua did indeed work miracles, though the charge again is not by the power of Hashem, but rather by secret arts. So, from jurisprudence, when opponents testify of the same thing about an issue, there is high likelihood for that particular matter to be true, i.e. that Yeshua really did perform outstanding miracles.

Nevertheless, it is also clear that those who consistently refuse to seek God will likewise receive everlasting separation from God's beneficence whether they’re a YouTube blasphemy star or not.

Tempted to blaspheme?

I knew a fellow from DFW who at age 18 had professed faith in Christ. He joined the Army, was sent to Europe, met a fräulein and married her. She was a Satanist and persuaded him to blaspheme Christ and acknowledge Satan as lord. Within a few months he was given a medical discharge from the Army, 90% permanent disability, for attempting suicide and other psychotic behavior. I became acquainted with the fellow about 12 years after that. Though usually lucid and conversant the fellow was still suffering even though under treatment, tormented by continual voices and bizarre spells. He said he wanted to find a way to get right with God and be healed from tormenting demonic spirits. One evening while in conversation he started acting bizarre. I began to exorcise spirits. At one point he lunged at me, his face about three inches from my face and contorted grotesquely, and a low raspy voice growled, "You'll never get him, he's mine!" Yes, it really happened. I have to say that even with previous spiritual experiences this particular event was profound. A friend of mine who also knew of the fellow's situation later joined me and we continued to exorcise spirits. During the session both of us saw strange, fleeting black swirls in the air around the fellow's head many times. Our session ended that evening without final success. During all the time that I knew the tormented fellow he could never decide that he would renounce his vows to Satan, even while lucid, and he remained tormented.

I recommend not playing around with or promoting blasphemy even if you think it all a bunch of bunk. I would recommend carefully reconsidering the worldview of the Bible.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I just envisioned one of those parasite fish hanging off a great white shark....

Wait, I'm not understanding this... Is Christmas Christian, Pagan, or is it a giant ocean-dwelling predator??

It's sometimes nice to be an agnostic born to Jewish parents.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 10:53:20 AM »
Originally posted by Old Sport
I recommend not playing around with or promoting blasphemy even if you think it all a bunch of bunk. I would recommend carefully reconsidering the worldview of the Bible.

Hokus-pokus is only relevant to those who believe in the boogy-man

storch

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
Originally posted by sluggish
Hokus-pokus is only relevant to those who believe in the boogy-man
no it's not.  there is a very real spiritual realm.   though unseen it's effect are felt and the experience is common to all mankind.  spirits make their presense known to all humanity.  you have experienced it before and you certainly will again.  all people sense the supernatural but for whatever reason some are more in tune with these forces.  some of these people are drawn to the dark forces others are blessed and chosen by the creator to be indwealt by his spirit.  a person has free will to choose where eternity will be spent and you have your very brief lifetime to make that choice.  Jesus clearly states that many will choose incorrectly and only a few will be saved.  those that select salvation will be hated by the others whether they openly express their faith or not.  Jews are universally reviled because they are God's chosen people and Christians by extention because they are the co-inheritors of God's promise to Abraham.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »
Originally posted by Old Sport

You call yourself 'Old Sport'? I always had Nick Carraway pegged as a bit of a nihilistic athiest... Oh well.

I do hope you'll invite me to the next witch hunt, though... Just in case, I'll bring the silver bullets and the garlic necklace.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2006, 12:21:54 PM »
Religion easily has the greatest BS story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you.   -George Carlin

edit- I have to confess, however, that I'm on the fence with this one; in an infinate universe there are infinate possibilities...

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
Who was the guy that was buying people's souls here a few years back?

That was my ex husband :)

Oh wait you said buying, I thought you meant stealing

storch

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »
george carlin and countless millions miss the point completely.

the ten rules deal with two issues, your relationship with the creator and your relationship with your fellow man.

they are an unattainable ideal.

if you study them and are honest you know that you personally can find nothing inherently wrong with the subject ideas.  you must also realize that you have messed up on almost all of them.so you are guilty.  the price of failure is eternal separation from that same creator.  the creator left a mechanism that allows the individual to select if he wants separation or not.  he left in place what amounts to a test and you pass or fail based on what you believe.

I too came to very same conclusion you just spelled out.  from that point forward, without any personal outside influence other than reading material I began a search and a personal journey.  I believe what is written in the Christian bible is correct.  I believe Jesus Christ is the way.

my family agrees with most of you here and think I'm deluded.  I think you who think I'm deluded need to buy some spiritually based asbestos underware.  so there we have it, in a nutshell.

were I diverge from Christian doctrine is that I'm supposed to care about your soul and I apologize but I don't.  I wish I did but my overriding belief in personal responsibilty makes it difficult for me to feel for the person who disregards such a plainly evident truth out of hand.  well that and that I'm basically a potty mouth too.  two areas that I'm trying to improve in but making painstakingly slow progress.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2006, 01:43:10 PM »
gorge Carlin and a bunch of other people might not get it, but I bet ya Sam Kenision got the point :)