Author Topic: The Imbeciles have spoken.  (Read 2055 times)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Imbeciles have spoken.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 06:26:19 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
saddam started a war with iran and invaded kuwait,

stupid people bore me.

You bore yourself.  Read up on who supported Iraqs war with Iran.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 06:27:19 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Get your facts straight.  The Iran - Iraq war started in September, 1980 and ended in August, 1988.

Well, according to your estimates, then the troops that invaded in 2003 should have not had any opposition.  

On the contrary, we destroyed more tanks, and personnel than in the first Gulf War.  To top that off, we destryed post Gulf War French mobile anti aircraft missile launchers, new T-80's, new Scud Launchers, and new combat  aircraft.  All arriving while the Iraqi's were under a morotorium from receiving any military aid.

Again, you are missing the point.  The Iranians were concerned enough to keep combat brigades stationed on his border.  The Kuwaiti's continually renewed our basing rights as they were concerned, as was Saudi Arabia.  During his post Gulf War 1 recuperation period, he built up his armed forces and continually posed a threat to the region.

Whats this have to do with the democrats supporting terrorists?  What terrorists are the democrats supporting?

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »
We need to pull all our troops out of Iraq and then test out our newest germ warfare in that region, while banning all flights from there as well.  Then in a few years we can send all our illegals there to work the oil fields for two cents a day and mine the border between the U.S. and mexico.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

storch

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
I read somewhere that there is more support for gay marriage in your country than for your president.(approval ratings)
I read somewhere that there are even more people who don't care what canadians think than support the president (approval ratings).  now go have a nice juicy American beefsteak.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 09:11:07 AM »
Hahah, anyone afraid of Iraqs military post-Gulf War knows nothing about military matters.

According to the late Col. David Hackworth, morale and training in the post Gulf War Iraqi army was very low.  While on paper the army seemed to have teeth, in reality it was 1/3rd of it original size.  He cited the example that the tanks the Iraqis were using were not even bore sighted.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 09:24:53 AM »
When the region falls apart gas will go to 5 or six bucks a gallon.

I know the democrats in power would like that but I doubt that the American people will..  

I bet the "polls" would be a lot different if the question were asked... "would you like to see the U.S. pull out of the region even if it meant $6 a gallon gas?"

I am curious as to how passionate people really are about getting out of the war...  I mean... it doesn't affect us much and the economy is good and no people are being forced to fight in it that don't want to..   No one is being dragged off the street and sent there to fight.   surprisingly few kids who joined before the war to get bennies are upset they have to go even.

so where is the outrage over the war coming from and just how passionate is it?

lazs

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The Imbeciles have spoken.
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
What terrorists?

insurgents = terrorists

Don't mince words, you look like the imbeciles in the American AlQuaida
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:42:48 AM by Bodhi »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »
this seems to be turning into a bash fest

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 09:42:11 AM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
Hahah, anyone afraid of Iraqs military post-Gulf War knows nothing about military matters.

According to the late Col. David Hackworth, morale and training in the post Gulf War Iraqi army was very low.  While on paper the army seemed to have teeth, in reality it was 1/3rd of it original size.  He cited the example that the tanks the Iraqis were using were not even bore sighted.

Never seen any quotes by Hackworth saying the Iraqi's had a tootless army.  Please provide a link to it.

As for you saying that the Iraqi Army was toothless, how do you explain the large scale battles in the North Part of the country and when the Coalition reached Karbala, Najaf, Nasiriyah, Basra, and many other places?

Is it your intent to say those hard fought battles are less meaningful because the Iraqi Army is toothless?  Do you hate our troops over there Aquashrimp?  Why are you continually demeaning their accomplishments and hard work?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
When the region falls apart gas will go to 5 or six bucks a gallon.

I know the democrats in power would like that but I doubt that the American people will..  

I bet the "polls" would be a lot different if the question were asked... "would you like to see the U.S. pull out of the region even if it meant $6 a gallon gas?"

I am curious as to how passionate people really are about getting out of the war...  I mean... it doesn't affect us much and the economy is good and no people are being forced to fight in it that don't want to..   No one is being dragged off the street and sent there to fight.   surprisingly few kids who joined before the war to get bennies are upset they have to go even.

lazs

It would be a good poll Lazs, but it will never happen.  

The liberals in American Al Quaida will never allow their true colors to be seen, or that this whole opposition to our fight in Iraq and their (the liberals) continual erosion of support for our troops is a ploy on their (the liberals) politcal power grab within our government.  They have done it before and are trying to do it again.  

They (the liberals) should be considered treasonous bastards and hung for aiding an enemy during times of war.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

lazs

This is either sad sarcasm or the absolute dumbest assinine POS I have ever read.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 09:55:18 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
It would be a good poll Lazs, but it will never happen.  

The liberals in American Al Quaida will never allow their true colors to be seen, or that this whole opposition to our fight in Iraq and their (the liberals) continual erosion of support for our troops is a ploy on their (the liberals) politcal power grab within our government.  They have done it before and are trying to do it again.  

They (the liberals) should be considered treasonous bastards and hung for aiding an enemy during times of war.

Good grief man, put the bong down.  Can you back up any of this with common sense or you just spew whatever youre spinal chord is misfiring at the moment?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
Forget if you supported invading Iraq or not, 'cause that really isn't the issue.

What is at issue is how ineptly the war has been handled by the White House. You'd have to be insane to think things are going well there. You'd be even crazier to believe the White House has any real idea of how to end it. So... how long do you (Congress) keep writing blank checks to Bush to sustain a listless effort to conclude the war?

Bush has let us all down. If it has to be the Democrats to point out the obvious, then let it be. The Republicans don't seem interested in holding Bush accountable for the money he's spending, or the lives being wasted. And it's not on a poor cause necessarily, but gross incompetence makes the difference moot.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »
whitehawk... what do you object to?

maybe you are very passionate about getting out of iraq.   I don't believe that most people are.    I was around for another war that was unpopular by the polls...

People were indeed very passionate over it... not just the news.. the people..  the people rioted and demonstrated... not just some sad crazy lady and a few dozen others but millions.    That was passion.    I don't see it here.. it is like..."should we quit spending money on this loser of a war or not?"  so far as the polls are concerned...

If the region were controled by one or two countries like Iran... say they controlled 80% of the oil... what do you think the price at the pump would do?

If the poll question was now... "are you willing to see a doubling or more of gas prices in order to get out of iraq."    What would the polls say?

How passionate would the people who are "against" the war now be?   Would the talking heads have the sway over them that their pocketbooks would?

lazs

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
Not only in the Senete and in the rest of the forum world.... how many of them have seen war?  How many have been shot at, IED's going off around thier heads, mortars dropping on camp in the middle of the night... or better yet while your in the shower! How many in here, in AH have been deployed during this war?  Anyone who has not been 'over there' doesn't know everything about the war... they know what they see on t.v. and read in the papers.  And we all know what the news journalist did for wars.  :rolleyes:   How many have lost a friend over there?  How many know what really goes on over there?  Who's seen someone die over there?  I am fine with some opinions from people, but when were told that "We as America" need to stay there, they should really step back and think about it.  In some of the situations over there, what would you do?  I as well as a few others in AH have been there, have seen death and realized... this is not for oil, it is to help out another country and for what reason that is I am not too sure.  Ask someone that is in charge over there and see what they say for our reason to be there still.  How many people need to die that are fighting for a cause unknown?  How many people like Shifty's son, Thomas, need be be hurt before we realize it is turning into a lost cause and a blood bath.  I am losing faith in the US leaders and losing my ambition to fight for the cause... whatever it is.  Makes me want to take up plot next to SirLoin in Canada and get away from the headache of constant war for a lost cause.  Just my .02 cents...... :noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~