Author Topic: The Second Amendment  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
..............The highlight was telling 303 squadron to stop yabbering in polish...which they actually were. That was a grand highlight in my gaming life which I shall never live again.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
I love that part of the movie.

Wow MT with a manly gun like an M44. who would have thunk it.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
It's an M91-30

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
It's an M91-30

Pooh got burned.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I just think there is a place in society for reasonable gun controls.

yes, "reasonable" laws, we all want "reasonable" laws, but reasonable to who?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2007, 11:06:45 AM »
so it is, I assumed that was a door it was leaning against.

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »
funny MT votes for the traitors that want to ban that gun..Isnt that illegal to have that Bayonet?...

Ill call the gun police for ya..just to make sure

btw that rifle still has its price tag on it?..LOLO MT is a Studio Gangster......Aint never been to jail..aint never shot a gun

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »
There are already "reasonable" gun laws and some that are quite unreasonable. It's already against the law to use a firearm in the commission of a crime. It's also illegal for a felon to even possess a firearm much less own or use one in a crime again.

It's unreasonable to punish the millions of otherwise law abiding gun owners by decreeing a specific category, brand, style, color of weapon is "bad" and cannot be owned by that same group of law abiding citizens because some fringe group is frightened by that prospect. Best example is the .50 cal in the peoples republik of kalifornia where they have never been used in commision of a parking violation much less shoot down an airliner.

I love folks who use the term "reasonable" as a justification for something. It is a non specific term that essentially means nothing in and of itself and defines nothing else even when used as a descriptive term.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
Originally posted by BiGBMAW
btw that rifle still has its price tag on it?..LOLO MT is a Studio Gangster......Aint never been to jail..aint never shot a gun

So gun owners are gangsters?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
MT do you have a raiders hat and a hornets jersey with the price tag still on it too?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »
LOL..

let me look.

(the pick was taken the day I bought the rifle.)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »
I'll ask again in a different way.

MT, if you had to make the choice would you make the 2nd an individual or a collective right?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »
your gun is most certainly not bigger than mine and.... I have ammo for mine and know how to take it apart and clean it and shoot it.    And...  I care enough to join the NRA so that I can keep it.

It would be no big loss to you if hillary took your $75 gun away from you...  You would probably gush out your thanks.

We have 40,000 gun laws...at what point do they stop being "reasonable"?

your gun would be illegal in some places... how you stored it or traveled with it..  is that "reasonable" to you?   a 60 year old bolt action rifle is not acceptable to many democrats and that fine with you?

It is because of politicians like the ones you vote for and people like you that we needed the second in the first place.   You are no friend to the gun owner or the second...  I don't believe there is a gun law that you would not find unreasonable so long as the right party suggested it.

What "reasonable" gun law of the 40,000, ever helped anyone?

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'll ask again in a different way.

MT, if you had to make the choice would you make the 2nd an individual or a collective right?

I would rather it be recognized as an individual right.

And lazs, it wasn't $75, it was $89. And I do have ammo and I know how to clean it whether I use corrosive ammo or not.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »
Hey MT (little Hijack here),

It might help when you first take it to the range to go with someone from your area familiar with centerfires to work though some of the initial bits. If there is someone at your work, for example, who is familiar with 30 cal centerfires and open sights. I don't know who from the OClub is within going to the range distance of your locale, but if you are ever in the Chicago area I will arrange a shooting day out here. Unfortunately, it tends to be an all day event since the ranges I go to are 1.5 hours away.

Now, this is HARDLY rocket science, but there is a big loud bang and big slap and bad habits can develop early on. Unlike a mouse gun like an AR-15 or a carbine. In fact, it might be a good idea to fire some 22 or low powered "assault weapon" type rounds to get used to the basics.

Charon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:08:20 PM by Charon »

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
The Second Amendment
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »
Governments don't make men equal...guns do.

P.S.  If your not free to defend yourself, then you are not truly free.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:39:59 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC