Author Topic: Global warming update  (Read 2270 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:56:53 PM »
I went skiiing in Vermont last weekend....If global warming means skiing in April in the NE, then bring er on!

by the way....How many hurricanes made land fall on the US last year?  "nooooo....ocean temps are warming!  run for high ground"
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Global warming update
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
for those of you who think that the globe stays at the same temp and does not get warmer and colder over the years....

You need to ask yourself why greenland is called greenland.

lazs

laz the human race may not be big in a singular for but there are 6 billion of us, and we ARE the BIGGEST contributors., i know ppl in the U.S. find the idea hard to concieve and don't like to think it but we really are speeding up the process. it is naive to brush the situation aside and pretend it's not there and take the 'it's not my problem' attitude.

i was once skeptical when the idea 1st came around but now i am 99% certain of it's reality and the fact we have caused the proccess to speed up and be more damaging.

:noid

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Global warming update
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
"Point of fact is this; The Earth is a living, breathing thing that mankind has no possibility of ever beating, let alone breaking. Sure, we can muck up the environment on a local, short term basis. But in the end, Mom Nature wins."

Well, we do have the nuclear power to quickly erase any form of intelligent life within a human's lifespan or so, and dump the whole thing into a very rough climate change called an ice age.
Would 50.000 warheads do it? We could easily make a million anyway...

sorry but i find this opinion total piffle and dumb but you are entitled to it. WE have changed nature, not nature changing us.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
sorry but i find this opinion total piffle and dumb but you are entitled to it. WE have changed nature, not nature changing us.

best grab your tent and head to the hills so you stop destroying the planet eh? LOL

of course we (humans) influence nature. It's just that the world is not in any danger of disappearing anytime soon because of it. It is just a huge scare tactic. Here in the states it is a political scare tactic that seems to be working as the average dumbarse can't see past his next beer or her next oprah show.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Global warming update
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 02:29:45 PM »
laz the human race may not be big in a singular for but there are 6 billion of us, and we ARE the BIGGEST contributors., i know ppl in the U.S. find the idea hard to concieve and don't like to think it but we really are speeding up the process. it is naive to brush the situation aside and pretend it's not there and take the 'it's not my problem' attitude.

i was once skeptical when the idea 1st came around but now i am 99% certain of it's reality and the fact we have caused the proccess to speed up and be more damaging.

Laurie: Please tell me exactly what scientic evidence you have reviewed (and appeal to authority or "scientific consensus" is not evidence) that would back up your claim that we are the biggest, let alone a significant, cause of global climate change.  I ask this respectfully, as I'm truly curious as to what exactly changed your mind.  Thanks in advance.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Global warming update
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »

If it is a problem to you, then you might want to consider cutting back on those Euro Typhoon, and Harrier flights you've been taking. Maybe people in the U.S. will follow your lead and the Gore's, Kerrys, and Striesands will give up their private jets.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
Well, yes, from the Norse-emigrated-Iceland-living-troublemaker-Viking called Eric the Red.
  on history channel they had to fly into eric the reds port.. and they said in erics time it was free of ice and he could safely navigate there with there wooden boats..you could not do that now days.{but looks like we mite be able to again soon} did midevil times produce alot of green house gasses? hehe too many hummers?

i think we dont help. but i really believe the earth does alot on its own. i still remmeber the ozone holes they use to scare me with when i was in school. you never hear about those now. all you hear is about global warming.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »
Greenland is called Greenland for the same reason that Buenos Aires is called Buenos Aires. The air ain't good in Buenos Aires, and early settlers died by the shipload. Greenland wasn't green, but calling it that helped convince people that it wasn't a nasty block of ice where they would die, even if it was the little optimum.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
You're missing the Greenland point Lazs is trying to make. Namely, that the sun is hot, and that he is afraid that Al Gore will break into his home, rifle through his wallet, take his firearms, and put sugar in his SUVs gas tank.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »
why is eric the reds port is full of ice now days?..and back in medieval times it wasnt..lol some kinda magical warm spot just on his port back then?

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
An Acronym for "Gloabl Warming" is GW.  

OH MY GOD.  Who is the current neo-con nazi world dominating Presidnet?  George W.  Bush.  

What does global warming effect?  BUSHES!

G lobal/ eorge

W warming/ .

B BOOOOOSH!

que iron maiden....

"RUN FOR THE HILLS"!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
I have a few questions for the "global warming" folks out there.

Is the Earths climate supposed to stay the same year after year forever??

Is the changing climate really a bad thing?

Does anyone honestly think that mankind can control the climate or our planet in general?

My take is this. The reason the climate is changing, is because it always changes. It heats up, then cools down. Are humans making it heat up or cool down any faster? Maybe we are, but the only possible reason humans could even be a contributing factor is because there are too many humans on this rock.

When the climate gets to the point where people start dying off because of it, it will actually be a good thing. Once the worlds population has been culled by a couple of BILLION people, humans won't have as much impact on the planet and things will equalize again.

It's called natural selection folks. People are living far longer than ever before in human history, and there are far more people on this rock than ever before. If man made global warming is a problem, then we have to get rid of the cause and that means people. What this planet needs is anouther MAJOR world war.

That's a twisted thought process isn't it? Thing is the greenies are the same people that think war is bad, and everyone should live in harmony with each other and nature. Too bad it never has or ever will work that way, but they are too stupid to see that.

O'well I'll go on driving my big truck, and burning gas, and smoking cigarettes, and tossing my aluminum cans and plastic bottles in with the rest of the trash and just not care about it. I'm only on this rock for a short period of time, and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »
Hornet....Good post, but I think its time for you to just accept what I wrote above.

GW-B.  Face it. hehe
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »
I blame hippies and all their pot smoking.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Global warming update
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »
Naw...Bush has nothing to do with it. He's not worried about anything but Iraq, but at least he is doing something to get rid of some people, so in a way he IS helping to take care of the problem.

See GWB is for the enviroment, just in a round about way:aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"