Author Topic: This is Frikken BS!!!  (Read 2968 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
I'm sure you were VERY coperative those 4 times. One reason why people should be and maybe they can avoid incidents that get physical and end up with arrests and accusations.

If by cooperative you mean making fun of them and otherwise being verbally beligerant, then yes. At least the first time. :confused:

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
BS you would be sueing that cops bellybutton off. I know if I had kids and an adult had put his hands on them, cop or no cop I would have found him off duty and give him a peace of my mind AND fist, expesualy if I was the girls father.

NO adult has the right to put thier hands on a young kid like that. And yes when you put your hand around someones thought its choking. He may not have been puting all he had into it but its still over the top. A simple knee on the chest would have been enough (looking at his waist line it would have been more then enough) and hold one hand while your getting the cuffs. Once you got that hand cuffed twist the arm while standing up to get him to roll over. If he doesnt you twist more and he will. Again knee across the lower back while you get the other hand in.

Simple as that.

First off, I don't sue, not for things like that, so you don't know WTF you're talking about.

Second, I WAS a cop, and so was my Dad before he left this world. So I'd go sort it out with the cop. I guess I was raised a little different.

Third, the cop DOES have the right, you don't know what you're talking about (common theme with you).

Fourth, since I was trained on how to detain people I doubt you are going to teach me too many new techniques.

Fifth, if you are so stupid as to hunt down a cop who is off duty and assault him, PLEASE, let me know. I'll laugh heartily as they haul your stupid arrogant bellybutton off to jail, and then to prison.

Sixth, if you are that stupid, it's a good thing you don't have kids, and with any luck, at least good luck for your potential children and the rest of us, you won't multiply.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
You don't know too many cops.

I was an average deputy, and 90% of them were just like me. Here's what I told people:

I don't WANT to arrest you, it's a lot of hassle, and a lot of paperwork.

I don't WANT to hit you, that's even more hassle and paperwork.

I sure as Hell don't WANT to shoot you.

I don't really WANT to write you a ticket. I don't like paperwork, and I don't like to go to court if I don't have to.

If I pull you over, just treat me like you'd like to be treated. When I ask you if you know why I pulled you over, if you know you were wrong, just tell me the truth. If you don't know, I'll tell you. We'll talk, and I may not even have to write you up.

If I detain you, please, just follow my instructions, and let's see if we can keep this from going bad, or at least getting worse.

I am a law enforcement officer, I do have authority. If I'm exercising that authority, it is because some one has done some thing to cause me to have to. I'd rather not. PLEASE, don't escalate the situation. I won't be any happier about it than you will.

At the end of the day, I want to be able to go home. I want to go through the office and smile. I don't want to have to fill out excess paperwork. I don't want to explain why I HAD to arrest someone. I'd rather explain how I was able to work it out and let them go.

You have no idea how easy it is, and how great a day it is when you don't have to go through all the hassle necessary when it becomes necessary to use hand cuffs, a baton, or a gun.

As bad as it is for you when I HAVE to pull you over, detain you, or come pick you up, multiply that by 3-4 times, and understand that I have to repeat the process. It's unpleasant for you once. It's unpleasant for me several times the same day.

The only time I see you, the honest, law abiding citizen, is when something has gone wrong in your life. We only see the worst side of your life. We all hate that.

If you are in trouble, PLEASE don't get stupid. MAYBE I can help you. Don't make it worse by doing something stupid to make me have to make it harder on you.

If the JUDGE issues a warrant for you, hitting me, cussing me, or spitting on me WON'T make the warrant go away. It won't make me go away. It'll only make everything worse. Then I can't even tell the judge you at least were co-operative. I can't tell the judge anything good about you, and he's going to ask. When I HAVE to tell him how bad you were, it won't help your case.

It's a job, most of us do it because we want to do the right thing. Just like you, the easier our job goes, the better we like it. Just like you don't want some chump to come to your job, make you do everything the hard way, and treat you like crap, we don't want it either.

Try to remember that some time. Especially when one of us doesn't get to go home to his or her family, because they got killed or maimed doing a job you can't, won't, or don't want to do.

I gave it up, because the department doesn't support you for political reasons sometimes, because my family couldn't live on the crappy salary, and because   sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you want it to, no matter how hard you try to work with people.

i guess if you say i don't know too many cops, than i don't right? the problem with your argument is that it is fundamentally biased. having been a former officer you feel that twinge to side with your brethren, or former brethren. which i totally understand, being a former marine. i have 2 uncles that are cops, 1 cousin and about 4 former neighbors who were/are involve with law enforcement in some way or another. and while i do care for them i can see the vicious streak in them when they tell stories of encounters on the streets. and in most instances i understand their fear for their  personal safety. but watch the video again, and turn the sound off and tell me if you dont think that cop was acting a bit rash.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
I NEVER stand by a bad cop. NEVER. When I was on the force, if anyone got out of line, he was dealt with, and quite harshly.

I wouldn't expect you to stand by a bad Marine. So don't expect me to stand by a bad cop. Give him the benefit of doubt? Yeah, just like you. Cover for him? Never.

The kids continually escalated the situation. The fact that they kept on laughing shows two things. One, they're stupid. Two, evidently the cop wasn't too damned hard on anyone, they sure weren't co-operating like they were hurt and abused.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
I NEVER stand by a bad cop. NEVER. When I was on the force, if anyone got out of line, he was dealt with, and quite harshly.

I wouldn't expect you to stand by a bad Marine. So don't expect me to stand by a bad cop. Give him the benefit of doubt? Yeah, just like you. Cover for him? Never.

so you would agree that his actions are too aggressive given the situation?

The kids continually escalated the situation. The fact that they kept on laughing shows two things. One, they're stupid. Two, evidently the cop wasn't too damned hard on anyone, they sure weren't co-operating like they were hurt and abused.

how so? cause they were being vocal? what about the crowd that formed after the actions taken by the officer? and given the situation was being escalated why did the second officer not act in the same fashion as the bald one?

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
NO adult has the right to put thier hands on a young kid like that. And yes when you put your hand around someones thought its choking. He may not have been puting all he had into it but its still over the top. A simple knee on the chest would have been enough (looking at his waist line it would have been more then enough) and hold one hand while your getting the cuffs. Once you got that hand cuffed twist the arm while standing up to get him to roll over. If he doesnt you twist more and he will. Again knee across the lower back while you get the other hand in.

Simple as that.

Honest question, what's your grappling background?

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Re: This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 03:27:44 PM by Skuzzy »
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:45 PM »
Captain Virgil Hilts has it right, 90% of the men/women in law enforcement are just looking to make it to the end of the shift without a significant event that might alter or end their lives.

We did not see the entire video, we don't know much about the initial violation that got the officer's attention.  We do know that they tried to run,
that changes thing dramatically in an officers eyes.  The first thing that goes thru your mind is do they have a weapon?  Are they creating distance to get a shot off?  Age is of no consequence to me when someone runs, they see and know that you are an officer, yet rather than yield they evade.  An old hand once told me that if a violator runs from you or tries to fight you they are capable of trying to kill you, they have no respect for the law, and after eight years on the road I believe that.

I've been the lone guy in a crowd of hostile people before, in my instance trying to arrest a drunk driver at 3am.  When I tried to stop him he ran a friends house where a party was going on.  Long story short two went to the hospital, five went to jail.  It is serious business, believe it or not some people will try to hurt you.

In my opinion the officer in the clip let the people that were harassing him carry on to far. You could hear the one kid getting louder and louder, braver and braver as the officer let him carry on.  On the other hand all the threats the officer made were out of hand.  Once you give a verbal order and the violator doesn’t comply you take action, swiftly and violently if need be.  Once a person is under arrest there is no reason to continue to spar with them.  Let them know what they are charged with, mirandize if you are going to question them. Otherwise let them run their mouth, it makes them look like a fool in court.

I'm not defending this guy by any means, but other than his mouth he wasn’t out of line.

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
Suckers got what they deserved.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 03:10:51 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

Thank you, That was the most honest post in this thread.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »
cop was out of control handling kids like they are some criminal after a high speed chase....Kid had a right to video tape

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 03:17:15 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

Yes it is when you scream down the footpath whacking into people. Or ride down the middle of city streets ignoring road laws so that those in cars driving to the letter of the law almost kill you.

Personally, I hate boarders. If I see them on the road, I try to use them as hood ornaments. Once at a pedastrian crossing (lgihts) once tried to push past me as we got the green walk man, I ankle tapped the f***er as he threw his board down and he ended up face planting the concrete (did even have to try hard as he pushed me out of the way).

IMHO death sentence for skateboarders.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14
cop was out of control handling kids like they are some criminal after a high speed chase....Kid had a right to video tape

What would be your suggestion on how to handle mouthy kids who don't listen to instruction?

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »
just take the skateboards similar to the street racing law where they crush cars