Author Topic: Couple films  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
Couple films
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:12 AM »
FX1,
     Thanks for posting the videos, I learned alot from them and had a successfull night last night.  Hopefully I will be able to continue.  I was glad to see that I was not one of your victims in the two that I watched but I am sure you have film of me at some other time.  Thanks again.

SSG Glaser
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
hmm
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 07:38:59 AM »
i dunno i ve been flying with all my engine sounds at around  35/40 %
the reason i initialy did so was because of the sound bothering me after five hours of play. and after a year i and reading this post i say it does help my sa a lot. but i wouldnt turn em all the way off cause i like a little noise lol

also though i noticed that even with my sounds reduced, enme planes noises are lower than if my engine cuts out, like due to oil or radiator damage so there is a reduction whether your sound is down or not, as long as your motar is on youll hear them lower.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Trip01

• Copper Member
Couple films
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »
For some reason the spit 16 film will not actually download from mediafire. I'd quite like to see it, does anyone have it elsewere?

BTW I found this thread because I was searching for FX1 after he killed me twice yesterday. There's nothing unusual about me being shot down or finding a pilot better than me but it's rare that a pilot is so much better that there is something really subtle and magical about it.

Trip

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Couple films
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Couple films
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »
Fx the films, your ACM & marksmanship were great.  However, I agree with Lusche.  Your ability to apply your great ACM & marksmanship skills without enhanced audio levels is in question.  I was extremely dissappointed by this "gaming" behavior.  I will say no more, as you are correct that this discussion would be more appropriate in the general forum.  Lusche, I encourage you to take it there.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Couple films
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »
Originally posted by waystin2
Fx the films, your ACM & marksmanship were great.  However, I agree with Lusche.  Your ability to apply your great ACM & marksmanship skills without enhanced audio levels is in question.  I was extremely dissappointed by this "gaming" behavior.  I will say no more, as you are correct that this discussion would be more appropriate in the general forum.  Lusche, I encourage you to take it there.

Ehhmmm you are a bit late. That discussion already happened  - about 2 month's ago, when this thread was new.  ;)

FX himself took it there, and I think there is no need to rehash it right now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:40:25 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Couple films
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »
Sorry Lusche I was still in my AH training pants at that time, and would not have known what was going on in the BBS then!  Thanks!:aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Couple films
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
I always found immersion to be the best way to improve my game.  I didn't adjust my head position, didn't make custom gunsights, didn't reduce sound volume, or anything.   Being there, feeling like I was really in that environment,  helped my flying a lot I think.  I tried flying with the sound off a couple of times, but I found it too silent and disconcerting.  I guess I enjoy flying with some kind of "white" noise in the background.

Honestly, though, I don't think that the difference between having the engine on or off -- or raising your view as high up as you can get it over your nose -- are so great as to constitute "gaming" or cheating in any way.  You're ultimately going to fly best with your game set up in the way that you feel most comfortable.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
Couple films
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 12:04:10 AM »
Complete and utter amazement, FX.....:eek: :aok

That right there is what I want to learn!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Couple films
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 01:15:11 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I always found immersion to be the best way to improve my game.

thats a very good point. do you find that when you were really into it and there was nothing but the screen and the game in your head you flew your best?
did you ever have days when you couldnt get into it and performed worse as a result? (god forbid leviapwn would have a bad day)

i know when i am not truly into it my SA is the very first thing that suffers. when i am truly blasted after a friday night i get so into it and usualy perform alot better.

maybe taking yourself mentaly out of the real world and really getting into the spirit of the cartoon world is one thing many of us are looking for to improve our game.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Couple films
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:51 AM »
yes when im playing and im "on"  i hear and see nothing else and it feels great after a five kill winning streak landing,
i dotn have track ir but man when im on like that ill be moving in my chair so much i get physicaly tierd.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline FX1

• Silver Member

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Couple films
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 01:42:18 AM »
hey FX.   '14 for a 16' is the wrong film, unless youre trying to show how to die to a 205 in a mossy ;)

CAP1 was great fun to watch, very good flying.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Couple films
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 02:21:31 AM »
My bad long night.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Couple films
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »