Author Topic: Russian bombers 'buzzed' US aircraft carrier  (Read 3643 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Russian bombers 'buzzed' US aircraft carrier
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
You know, for some reason, even after reading all of his posts'...It really only raises' one question, to me.

Why did Dago get PNG'd?

Because Z9 sounds' kinda like him.

I can assure you I am new here......and the Mod can feel free to confirm that.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »
Originally posted by Trell

To bad they dont have tasers for airplanes.

I think BBS tasers would be better.
See Rule #4

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 04:11:13 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
It wasn't as spectacular as Su-24s passing over USS Kittyhawk in a Sea of Japan back in 2000. At that time US CV group totally failed to intercept Russian planes and the crew literally panicked.

October, 17th and November, 9th, 2000.

Two Su-24MR recon planes, covered by Su-27 fighters. Pilots were awarded with Hero of Russia medals. They flew over an unprepared flight-deck, American crew started to cut fuel lines thinking they are under real attack.

Amusing...they hand out medals for buzzing an aircraft carrier of a country the Russian government was supposedly on friendly term with, at that time.:lol

Imagine the medals they'd get if they had actually done something important:huh

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »
Nilsen is correct.  The West has buzzed USSR/Russian subs & surface craft and they have buzzed ours.

I do not believe it was an act of agression, but it does not seem all that smart.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 04:42:15 PM »
I think we stopped doing that 20 or 30 years ago........this stuff is on putin.

so everyone here is content to do nothing?  Russian planes...Iranian boats....

complacency is more dangerous. I wonder what you'll say when 2500 american sailors are killed if and when we continue to stand down....whether from a boat, a plane, or a silkworm missile.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 04:49:27 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Wow, doesn't take much to be a hero in Russia these days does it?

LOL sneaking a "possible enemy" CV group and catching them with their pants off flying 100m over their flight deck using airplanes that may be used for sinking such vessels - that's awesome. I wonder if they went supersonic that low, to entertain their American colleagues :D

Back in the 50s in the same waters Americans shot down several Soviet MiG-15s (based on Vladivostok) who didn't even come that close to CV group, outnumbered and with a strict order not to open fire. That was quite easy, but the times changed.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »
Originally posted by Russian

Oh no! Its WW3!!! Shoot'em down! Panic!1! :rolleyes:

Who would fly that old hunk-o-crap that low. I'd be afraid something would fall off and at that altitude, there ain't much glidin'.....

Entertaining thread tho....

:lol
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 05:29:56 PM »
Originally posted by ZetaNine

complacency is more dangerous. I wonder what you'll say when 2500 american sailors are killed if and when we continue to stand down....whether from a boat, a plane, or a silkworm missile.

Ya i agree,  Shoot first and the hell with everyone else.

If we start now we will be the envy of the world.  
A slogan for this "new" military"  We travel to beautiful locations and kill them all....

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
It wasn't as spectacular as Su-24s passing over USS Kittyhawk in a Sea of Japan back in 2000. At that time US CV group totally failed to intercept Russian planes and the crew literally panicked.

October, 17th and November, 9th, 2000.

Two Su-24MR recon planes, covered by Su-27 fighters. Pilots were awarded with Hero of Russia medals. They flew over an unprepared flight-deck, American crew started to cut fuel lines thinking they are under real attack.

Where do you come up with this crap? The crew literally panicked? If they took it seious enough to  make orders  for cutting fuel lines, they  would have taken it serious enough to engage the Russian aircraft with air defence weapons. Lay off the brake fluid and get some real booze.:rolleyes:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »

You are tragically misinformed.

Try doing something about Russian planes in international airspace. So far your congressmen started screaming for revenge, guess what they'll get as an answer?...

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008, 05:43:22 PM »
fixed.
Where did I misquote you, Dago?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
Mathias Rust landing in Red Square near Kremlin in "87 comes in my mind.  This guy is still my hero, i was in colege at that time in Romania, and our communists dictator didn;t talk about it in news, we got  the news from Voice of America, Free Europe radio , wich were also ilegal to listen and jamed that time, but was exciting news

"on ascension day we land in red square"  atta boy mr rust and he is a hero of mine as well.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Where do you come up with this crap? The crew literally panicked? If they took it seious enough to  make orders  for cutting fuel lines, they  would have taken it serious enough to engage the Russian aircraft with air defence weapons. Lay off the brake fluid and get some real booze.:rolleyes:

It seems to me that its you guys who need to get some real spirits. Drinking vodka on the rocks is on of the most stupid things I can imagine :D

Needless to say that your navy has a great history of completely failing air defense when under real attack and shooting down harmless passenger airliners just because someone got scared to death and crapped his pants. Should I elaborate?

Again: they discovered suddenly that Russian supersonic frontline-bombers fly right over their flight deck. They managed to launch their F-18s when Russian attack squad was already out of reach, and got another "Preved!" (wazzup?!) from Su-27s covering 24s.

Later someone sent a private e-mail to Kittyhawk website with pictures of the flight deck and some text in Russian that was never quoted by US Navy officials ;)

I bet this recent Tu-95 flyby was just fun for both sides. It's an old game, both sides know the rules quite well.

Another interesting POV from War Nerd:

http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=15976&IBLOCK_ID=35

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Where did I misquote you, Dago?

is that an ethnic slur, sir?  I happen to be Italian American and I am offended by that.  please govern yourself accordingly.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »
Needless to say that your navy has a great history of completely failing air defense when under real attack and shooting down harmless passenger airliners just because someone got scared to death and crapped his pants. Should I elaborate?

Korean Air Lines Flight 007 anyone?  ;)