Author Topic: another campus shooting this week?  (Read 4627 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
another campus shooting this week?
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
Every time a kid or person blasts a bunch of people at a school, it should serve as a message to everyone, your futures are very upseting to others.

hope you dont put down, piss off or begrudge someone in your future, less a bullet take your life.

people are getting fed up with being walked on, over looked or just downright disrespected, day in and day out.
call em nuts, call them loony, call them loosers, call them whatever you need to help YOU sleep better at night, just know your name calling left someone awake at night, whos teeth grinded with pure anger, prey that person keeps it under wraps.

This, will not be the end of it any time soon.

This world lacks compassion morals and understanding, all reasons things like this will happen.These campuses are a breeding ground for such acts aswell, could it be our school and general outlook by the students is the problem.?

nono, just one nut job out of a few thousand brainless soulless self serving rats, trying to make there own futures.

Hmph..what a bleek outlook on life.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
You wanna know why they usually choose a school, it because thats the source of whatever the precived problem in there life is, it's not like they just up and decide one day that they want to kill people then die and just randomly pick a school to do it in,

Like that guy that attacked and killed those kids at that Amish school,... teacher gave him a bad grade and the kids picked on him...:confused:

Right, no one would radomly just pick a school...

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think there is a sulotion to the school shooting problem, IMO though arming the students isn't the answer, as I said I really don't think thats gonna stop anyone from going through with their plan to kill fellow students, just imagine the mindset of someone who feels he has been pushed to a point that he wants to take revenge on the people he perceives as the ones who have ruined his life and is willing to die afterwards by his own hand, now why would the chance of there being someone in the class with a CCW stop him from wanting to go through with his plan.

As for Donzo, I've never said I'm against CCW's, I just don't think that they should be brought onto schools and in classrooms.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Like that guy that attacked and killed those kids at that Amish school,... teacher gave him a bad grade and the kids picked on him...:confused:

Right, no one would radomly just pick a school...
Sure there are the random nut jobs, but I'm sure probably just about ever school shooting is by a person that attends that school.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th
Every time a kid or person blasts a bunch of people at a school, it should serve as a message to everyone, your futures are very upseting to others.

hope you dont put down, piss off or begrudge someone in your future, less a bullet take your life.

people are getting fed up with being walked on, over looked or just downright disrespected, day in and day out.
call em nuts, call them loony, call them loosers, call them whatever you need to help YOU sleep better at night, just know your name calling left someone awake at night, whos teeth grinded with pure anger, prey that person keeps it under wraps.

This world lacks compassion morals and understanding, all reasons things like this will happen.These campuses are a breeding ground for such acts aswell, could it be our school and general outlook by the students is the problem.?

nono, just one nut job out of a few thousand brainless soulless self serving rats, trying to make there own futures.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »
Every shooter is usually came off meds or on meds.What if instead of gun control we enforce nutcase control?
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »
This one appeared to have chosen the school as her target simply because she thought it would be fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Ann_Spencer

This one appears to be a school chosen at random.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockton_massacre

Here's one where a teacher retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and stopped the perpetrator from continuing his murderous rampage at another school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

Here's another one where an armed citizen prevented an incident from becoming worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wurst

This time armed students subdue the shooter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

This school appears to have been chosen at random as well by a 53 yr old with no apparent connections to the school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platte_Canyon_High_School_shooting

Another chosen apparently at random by someone not connected to the school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_school_shooting

While many school shootings are the target of a disgruntled student, not all of them are as shown by the links that I provided. In at least 2 instances an armed citizen was able to prevent the atrocities from becoming worse than they already were.

If schools weren't gun free zones just how many more school shootings would have been either prevented or the atrocities being committed lessened by someone who had a weapon or had access to one? That's an answer we will never know. However, I think it's safe to say that at least some of the other incidents may have been either prevented entirely or the loss of life and injuries lessened.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:26:06 PM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Sure there are the random nut jobs, but I'm sure probably just about ever school shooting is by a person that attends that school.

Many are, but look at my other post for examples of some that don't fit that profile.

Many of the shootings by students are done by students that have felt persecuted by his fellow students.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a sulotion to the school shooting problem

There is a possible solution, you just don't like it.

Another possible solution to help prevent these sorts of things is for teachers and schools to be more active in stopping kids from persecuting other kids by bullying, name calling etc.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »
Originally posted by KgB
Every shooter is usually came off meds or on meds.What if instead of gun control we enforce nutcase control?

Of all the school shootings I researched in America I didn't see one where the shooter was on meds or was supposed to be on meds but wasn't.

I do know of an incident involving a Nebraska football player a number of years ago. Scott Baldwin had a medical condition involving his brain. It wasn't discovered until he was found naked as the day he was born, beating the crap out of an innocent woman. It took multiple officers to wrestle him to the ground and subdue him. Months later after he had been put on meds to control his condition (I forget what exactly that condition was) he had forgotten to take his meds and another identical incident to the first happened. Only this time a female police officer shot him and he ended up paralyzed from the waist down for life.

Neither incident occurred on the University campus though.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »
I didn't say that every case involved the person having to attend the school, and really what difference does it make on why that person goes into the school and start shooting people, the fact remains that it's really not gonna detour someone from going into the school and killing people on the chance that he might not get the chance to kill himself but instead get killed by someone else.  Arming students just isn't the solution.  I'm mean what do you suggest we arm are elementary students, or high school students?  Obviously no, so that just leaves college and like I've said if a person is determined to go into a college and kill people he's gonna do it no matter if theres an off chance some people on campus have a CCW, majority of school shootings are by someone who attends that school, so he's gonna do it no matter what because he wants his revenge on the people he see's wronged him.  I think the chance of something going wrong like an accident is more likely with a CCW then the chance it would save someone by being in the right place at the right time on that rare occasion your involved in a school shooting.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:46:08 PM by trax1 »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:11 PM »
Of course we aren't suggesting arming underage students, that's just silly.

What we are suggesting is allowing CCW permit holders to actually carry on school grounds. Only adults can apply for and receive a CCW permit.

Look at the cases where someone was able to retrieve a weapon and put a stop to the madness. How many lives were saved? How many folks weren't injured because someone was able to retrieve a weapon? Thankfully, we'll never know the answer to that one either.

I am not suggesting that CCW permit holders will be able to prevent all school shootings, that would be silly as well. What I am suggesting is that CCW permit holders just might be able to lessen the madness and in rare cases just might be able to stop the madness before it really gets started.

If schools weren't gun free zones would they be the target of these lunatics as often? We don't know that for sure but if statistics from states that allow CCW are any indication at all, then yes, these types of incidents will become rarer.

Firearms accidents with CCW holders are rare at best simply because there are training courses that are required before the permit can be issued.

I don't have time right now so I'll look it up later, but there was a mall shooting in Nebraska at the Crossroads Mall in Omaha where an individual had an opportunity to stop the shooter.......except the Mall is a gun free zone.

I'll post those details later.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th

No the world lack parents willing to keep their children well dicplined and willing to teach them what the world really is. And not just the way the world should be

Many parents these days couldnt hold a candle to their parents.

Everyone is about making nice nice now. Give the kiddies a "time out" or a talking to no matter how bad they are.
What they;'re raised is an entire generation of spoiled little brats who think the entire world should be full of sugar and honey and that they are entitled to all of each they care to take

An entire generation whos only real need is to have a strap taken to their arse once in a while and told "no" Instead of having everything handled to them their entire childhood. just because they whine for it.

Then they enter the real world and they find out the world just isnt the way that mommy and daddy said it should be. And they dont know how to handle it.

This newer generation has this problem where they think they are owed happiness and a fair chance.
That everything should just come their way because they want it to
Yea. Lota luck with that thought

Tied of getting walked on. oh boo hoo. Damn shame. EVERYONE gets walked on now and again.
From the lowliest street junkie to the president of the United States

The world is unfair get used to the idea
. Dont expect to not be walked or overlooked or have people watermelon on you and you will never be disappointed. Its going to happen. Get used to the thought

"This world lacks compassion morals and understanding"
Tell me. When was this euphoric time period that the world was full of any of that?

Yes This world lacks compassion morals and understanding.
It always has and always will.

Congratulations. Welcome to planet Earth and the culture known as humanity.
sorry if its not all you expected or wanted it to be. But humans are kinda funny in the way they dont always tend tofollow the rules they were taught about  whats nice or morally right or fair or compassionate
Hope you enjoy your stay. but if not. Remember. The exit is just a hardware store and a length of rope or a gun shop away.

Just try not to make too much of a mess when you leave.
As almost certainly someone else will unfairly be asked to clean up your mess after you've left
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Firearms accidents with CCW holders are rare at best simply because there are training courses that are required before the permit can be issued.

Yes but the question is, whats rarer, school shootings were a person with a gun would be in a place to do good, or an accident from a person with a CCW, I'd have to think that it would be the school shooting situation would be the rarer event.  So if theres a bigger chance of harm from an accident with a CCW in a school, then wheres the benefit?

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
No the world lack parents willing to keep their children well dicplined and willing to teach them what the world really is. And not just the way the world should be

Many parents these days couldnt hold a candle to their parents.

Everyone is about making nice nice now. Give the kiddies a "time out" or a talking to no matter how bad they are.
What they;'re raised is an entire generation of spoiled little brats who think the entire world should be full of sugar and honey and that they are entitled to all of each they care to take

An entire generation whos only real need is to have a strap taken to their arse once in a while and told "no" Instead of having everything handled to them their entire childhood. just because they whine for it.

Then they enter the real world and they find out the world just isnt the way that mommy and daddy said it should be. And they dont know how to handle it.

This newer generation has this problem where they think they are owed happiness and a fair chance.
That everything should just come their way because they want it to
Yea. Lota luck with that thought

Tied of getting walked on. oh boo hoo. Damn shame. EVERYONE gets walked on now and again.
From the lowliest street junkie to the president of the United States

The world is unfair get used to the idea
. Dont expect to not be walked or overlooked or have people watermelon on you and you will never be disappointed. Its going to happen. Get used to the thought

"This world lacks compassion morals and understanding"
Tell me. When was this euphoric time period that the world was full of any of that?

Yes This world lacks compassion morals and understanding.
It always has and always will.

Congratulations. Welcome to planet Earth and the culture known as humanity.
sorry if its not all you expected or wanted it to be. But humans are kinda funny in the way they dont always tend tofollow the rules they were taught about  whats nice or morally right or fair or compassionate
Hope you enjoy your stay. but if not. Remember. The exit is just a hardware store and a length of rope or a gun shop away.

Just try not to make too much of a mess when you leave.
As almost certainly someone else will unfairly be asked to clean up your mess after you've left
I saw a story on 60 minutes about this a few months ago, and how this generation thats entering the workplace now has this sense of entitlement and that everything should go there way.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
Ive been carrying concealed since I was 21.  Thats 20+ years and I haven't even had to contemplate producing my sidearm in self defense, or any defense for that matter.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns