Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6683 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: ENY
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »
LOLCOPTERS!1

ENY is here to stay, with pertinent arguments like those..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »
Not because they were kickin the enemy's prettythang !!!!

They couldn't fly what they wanted Alky, they had to fly what was available.  Simple as that. 

And 150 people beating up on 65 isn't kicking anyone's anything, it's just overwhelming numbers which takes away other people's choices in how they want to play the game.

It isn't just about what you want, or what I want.  They put it in place to try and make gameplay better for all players.  And I believe it's worked fine.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »
So, I was right,, You "head"hunters are the ones crying foul,,, hmmmmm,, wonder if your kill ratios will drop significantly when the ENY goes away,,
8000 posts,,, cant imagine the rhetoric

You should read some of them.  You might learn something, or at least get a laugh now and then :)

This "Headhunter" understands that players are the same all over, and that HTC to help as many players as possible have decent choices in how they play, has put the ENY system in.

It has never once stopped me from flying what I wanted to fly.  As I said to Alky.  This isn't just about you, or just about me.  It's about what works best to help all players game play.    You choose to be 'loyal' to a chess piece, to find safety in large numbers and are unwilling to change to help everyone have a better experience.  Us "headhunters" and many other players and squads will switch to the lower numbers country to try and help keep it balanced and to provide more targets for the horde to shoot at.

In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
OMG is that a gravid spot in your sig?!!1
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2008, 05:09:25 PM »
Personaly, I think country jumping is for the score potatos who like to see their name in lights and doing so only prolongs the lame maps for a few more days.

All the folks I know that jump countries do so to play for the outnumbered team. I am one of them.   :rock
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
And yes, I read the topic and there's no good reason for not switching.  You don't like the ENY?  Guess what.. The other country doesn't like getting ganged.  Switch sides and both problems disappear.

That's it exactly.  :rock

In the immortal words of HiTech, this is a game, games are meant to be fair. (or something to that effect)  :D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
The issue we have in the Late arena is we combine ALL the planes that are used and when eny is applied have to fight with usually an early to mid war plane against the far more superior late war plane.  I am certain you would agree that is no fair fight regardless of ENY.

Correct, I don't spend much time in the LW arenas....the capture monkey/horde warrior game really has little appeal to me after all these years. The skies full of P51Ds, La7's, Spit16's, Dorka's,...etc., also bores me to tears. What I really like is the matchups I get in MW (though I do have a few chew toys I like to torment in EW  :t).

Well, you have a problem with fighting MW planes vs LW planes....but you have no problem outnumbering the crap out of your opponents??? Tell me, what is fair about that??

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out, the ENY modifier is about arena odds...not local odds. :salute

(oh btw Dadguns...sri I din't have my sig up...just noticed it wasn't there. :))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:15:07 PM by NoBaddy »
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »

Can I use that in my sig Dan? That just rocks!  :rock

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »
so what did you and the other guy call each other and say lets do an ENY thread together ITS GOING TO BE SO COOL SWEET DUDE play with you later homie :devil
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
so what did you and the other guy call each other and say lets do an ENY thread together ITS GOING TO BE SO COOL SWEET DUDE play with you later homie :devil

I was kinda wondering the same thing. :noid
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
Switch countries.

If the ENY is too high for you, it means you have too many people on your team. Switch to another country and fly what you like.

I dunno if anyones realized but for last 4 weeks The arenas are setup like so:
Arena 1) 50 Bishops 140 Knits 120 rooks
Arena 2) 125 Bishops 70 Knits 72 rooks

Now.. If you dont want Eny, I suggest you quit hording one arena, or try a LOWER arena. I've been rook for over 7 months, Ive only
had eny slightly above 5 about 2-3 times thats it.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »
how about whining about real things like perma squelch  :rock
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
Can I use that in my sig Dan? That just rocks!  :rock

Feel free :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
You should read some of them.  You might learn something, or at least get a laugh now and then :)

This "Headhunter" understands that players are the same all over, and that HTC to help as many players as possible have decent choices in how they play, has put the ENY system in.

It has never once stopped me from flying what I wanted to fly.  As I said to Alky.  This isn't just about you, or just about me.  It's about what works best to help all players game play.    You choose to be 'loyal' to a chess piece, to find safety in large numbers and are unwilling to change to help everyone have a better experience.  Us "headhunters" and many other players and squads will switch to the lower numbers country to try and help keep it balanced and to provide more targets for the horde to shoot at.

Best thread post reply ive seen on the BBS yet, Someone is teh SMART!!