Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Without repeating alot of what has been said and the points that have been made, please review the string and you will find that we agree that something should be in place, the issue arises from asking these fundamental quesitons:

1. Is ENY effective in making the game even?  
2. If so, How is it making the game even?
3. Who is benefiting from ENY to make it even?
4. If no ENY existed what would be the outcome?
5. What effect of no ENY would it have on base captures?
6. what effect does ENY have on base captures now?
7. Do you agree that ENY has little, if no effect on winning the war?

You could go on, but these are questions we are concerned with along with many others.  This is about making it fair for all and from my point of view I dont think its a FAIR fight in many aspects.

Everything can be improved upon, nothing is set in stone, however there are some good points that have been made about ENY and why it doesnt work.

Some of what I and others have posted is from our side of the fence which usually the ENY resides in our yard due to our larger numbers, we agree?  Something Bish does not control and just happens to be that way.

Our point is that it does not EVEN out the game, it does not detract or add to OUR abilities to conduct succesful missions to win the war which is the GOAL of THE GAME (ours anyway).  
Players from bish side as well as others in the game from all sides that realize from a users perspective that it doesnt even things out, since we still win maps with such high eny's.  

So, to clarify our goal is to win wars which we do.(with numbers due to Bish usually outnumbering in one arena and outnumbered in the other, and HIGH eny as much as 20-25).  However, with high eny's how is that preventing us from winning wars anyway?  
Much of the time, knits, rooks, bail out of the game since they smell defeat coming, and the eny skyrockets when they do.

ENY has no effect on preventing us from winning the war even with higher numbers and low end planes.  
Who is it benefiting? only benefit from ENY is that the sides that are without eny can shoot other planes down more easily.  I have made some distinct observations about this game and pointed them out, rooks and knits top 90% out of 100 in scores, you can follow this trend down to 500, the info is there to see for yourself.  

Many times in the Late arena you will see Bish fighting BOTH sides at the same time.  You can actually see no activity between the rook and knit lines at times, so at times it is an even fight, I have seen many times and using today as an example: 118 bish, 67 knits, 74 rooks, and when you look at the rook and knit lines, very little activity, so if they not fighting each other they are fighting us,  now its 118 bish vs 100 knooks.  So it does become EVEN. but we get penalized with the ENY.
Limit the amount per side?, increase the arena size?  who knows how to fix it.  Shifting people around does not FIX anything, again I have stated reasons before why it wont work.

I enjoy a good fight as well as others, the good ones are few and far between, all sides are the same in the way we fight, however our biggest issue is the numbers of players per side.  This has to be addressed that way, not to punish everyone on that side by limiting planes they can use due to numbers.  

I dont have all the answers to fix it, but it needs to be addressed.

Feel free to share your thought on the above questions, I am open to others opinions.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 06:13:28 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
Our point is that it does not EVEN out the game,

I don't believe ENY is intended to even out the game, at least numbers wise. It is intended to help make the game more fair overall.

If more players would switch to the lower number teams, then ENY would be a non factor. Since so many refuse to change teams, ENY still accomplishes it's goal of making the game more fair for all by limiting the plane selection for the team with the highest numbers.

Seriously, it's your choice to switch or not switch. If you don't switch when your team is eating the ENY sammich then you pay the consequences of your choice. It just doesn't make any sense to me to make a choice, then complain about the consequences of YOUR choice.  :cool:
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2008, 07:54:30 PM »
1. Is ENY effective in making the game even?
No, its not restrictive enough  
2. If so, How is it making the game even?
The side with more players cant fly ueber rides
3. Who is benefiting from ENY to make it even?
Players on the smaller side... I figured that was pretty obvious.
4. If no ENY existed what would be the outcome?
Larger hordes of Spixteens and Lalas
5. What effect of no ENY would it have on base captures?
Larger hordes of NOE Lancasters, 110's, and Nikis
6. what effect does ENY have on base captures now?
Well, if it gets to the point where Lancasters, 110's, and Nikis are locked out, pork and auger dweebs cant capture bases (read: bases wont be captured)
7. Do you agree that ENY has little, if no effect on winning the war?
Yes

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
I don't believe ENY is intended to even out the game, at least numbers wise. It is intended to help make the game more fair overall.

If more players would switch to the lower number teams, then ENY would be a non factor. Since so many refuse to change teams, ENY still accomplishes it's goal of making the game more fair for all by limiting the plane selection for the team with the highest numbers.

Seriously, it's your choice to switch or not switch. If you don't switch when your team is eating the ENY sammich then you pay the consequences of your choice. It just doesn't make any sense to me to make a choice, then complain about the consequences of YOUR choice.  :cool:

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Apparently all of you guys could care less for your country you fly in  and fellow players that you fly with, if you can or do switch sides just to up a plane that you prefer. Most of us who put more value in the developed relationships with the people on our side than apparently you guys do. So we do not switch sides and we will not stop until this is fixed, and by the way why do you guys still fly the so called ueber rides when the ENY is up for the other country, I guess it"s because that when you rack up your kills!
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »
wow,,, is there any bish in the top 50 score boards.... NO because the top 50 are doing us a huge favor of making the field even....  or its more like, you know that you can fly the UBER planes to increase your kill ratio = higher ranks...
You can plead the case all you want, but bottom line its obvious, the ENY is feeding the top 100 scores in this game and THAT my friend is not Fair to ALL players.

This has been widely known from the shift that many make when ENY exists, then attacks the country with the ENY to get the KILLS.  

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:22 PM »
 :rofl You two are cracking me up.

How long have you two played AH? A few months?

By the way, a quick check of the top ranked pilots reveals that there are quite a few Bishops in the top 50. Another retarded theory falls apart.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:59:49 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »
hub place nice  :lol
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »

************************************************************************************

Apparently all of you guys could care less for your country you fly in  and fellow players that you fly with, if you can or do switch sides just to up a plane that you prefer. Most of us who put more value in the developed relationships with the people on our side than apparently you guys do. So we do not switch sides and we will not stop until this is fixed, and by the way why do you guys still fly the so called ueber rides when the ENY is up for the other country, I guess it"s because that when you rack up your kills!

I switch to help out the team with the lowest numbers. So do the folks I know that switch teams. We don't do it so we can fly whatever we want, we do it to help out. And in the process we meet folks on all teams and make friends with folks on all teams.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »
I switch sides to even the numbers - my squad is currently Bishops and that is where my loyalty lies - my squad - not a chess piece. I have friends in game, on all countries. I talk to all on ch200 all the time (yep, I'm talkative - sue me!)

I do not fly many uberplanes - occassionally the La7 if I'm going after buffs. My ride of choice for this month is either the Ki61, or the a6m5 - hardly uber. I'm not that good a pilot, I definitely dont rack up kills - however, I do have fun.

If you dont want to switch countries and get stuck with ENY - help yourself. Personally I think thats a good thing - but it wont stop me switching if the numbers are out of whack. If my squaddies are on (which is normal in the evenings, but not so much in the mornings (I work shifts)) - I will stay Bishops, regardless of numbers and regardless of ENY (not affected by it very much flying the planes I fly. These are my choices - what choice you make is up to you - its your call after all.

Wurzel

Oh, and if you want to look up my scores - ingame name is gwurzel (trust me, its not worth looking  :D)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ian5440

• Nickel Member
      • http://rollingthunder.spruz.com/main.asp
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »

How long have you two played AH? A few months?

^^ these two have been playing for a very long time(dunno but its longer than me and ive been on for bout 1 1/2 years)..... some of the greatest mission planners i know... :aok
-Ian
~~~~~~Hellkitty Dweeb~~~~~~
~~~~~~Wildcat Dweeb~~~~~~~

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
i agree on the ENY being a pain in the rear, but its a way of Aces High. what HAS to stop is when ENY is like 15+. its quite ridiulous!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »
^^ these two have been playing for a very long time(dunno but its longer than me and ive been on for bout 1 1/2 years)..... some of the greatest mission planners i know... :aok
-Ian

Sorry, 1.5 years is a noob. The question is, were they here prior to the ENY modifier? If they have, then they would already know the answers too all the questions Dadguns asks. The game was SERIOUSLY imbalanced prior to ENY mod. It has, generally, been okay since.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
In reading these posts I see a lot of legitimate points being made and some not so legit. 

Point #1 :The suggestion that we "change countries" is ridiculus.  It ain't happening for me and a lot of the people I fly with! 

Point #2: Organization and strategy is such a fundamental part of winning a war.  How does ENY address this?  It's not all about what plane you're in or how many are on your side that makes you the winner.  In this respect all the ENY value does is frustrate the side that has the high ENY. 

Point #3:  There is a lot of truth in the observation made regarding knits + rooks battling the bish in the late arena. The rooks vs knits line often remains stagnant.  What's fair and even when one side is being hit from both of the other sides and the ENY for the outnumbered country is sky high?  How does ENY address who's attacking who?

Personally, I like Bonz's idea of making up the difference with perk points.  That would allow those willing to spend the points to fly the plane of their choice.

THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »
NO because the top 50 are doing us a huge favor of making the field even....  or its more like, you know that you can fly the UBER planes to increase your kill ratio = higher ranks...
You can plead the case all you want, but bottom line its obvious, the ENY is feeding the top 100 scores in this game and THAT my friend is not Fair to ALL players.

That is a blatantly false statement.

Out of the top 50, only 9 have switched teams this tour. Out of those 9, only 4 have done so more than once or twice. Kill stats show how many kills on each team and how many times they've been killed on each team. The other 5, according to the stats, have only switched one time.

Next time, make sure you do your homework before making statements like this. I personally looked up all the kill stats for the top 50 players, you obviously did not.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »

There is a lot of truth in the observation made regarding knits + rooks battling the bish in the late arena. The rooks vs knits line often remains stagnant. 
You say you never change country's, and you quite obviously fly Bish. So, how can you make this statement? FYI, as a Knight, this tour my kills between the two countries are dead split (43 Rooks and 45 Bishops), and last tour I killed almost twice as many Rooks as Bishops.

Infact, heres the last 5 tours.
Tour 97
Bishop 47 
Rook 96

*Note that I changed my GameID from '762R' to the current 'Bubi' at the beginning of tour 97*

Tour 96
Bishop 129
Rook 83

Tour 95
Bishop 179
Rook 109

*Halfway-ish through tour 94 I switched from Rooks to Knights, where I still am today*

Tour 94
Bishop 169
Knight 44
Rook 146

Tour 93
Bishop 80
Knight 74

So, I have slightly more Bishop scalps, but that's because Bishops have a tendency to suck (I also have less deaths to Bishops to go along with the kills)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:13:17 PM by Motherland »