Author Topic: Ju 87G  (Read 9012 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Re: Ju 87G
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »

Pretty good considering you can kill a tiger or any other tank with one shot.

And get beaned with the main gun of said tanks. :cry

25 is cool but this is more agile. 

MK IId is junk against Armour.  I had engine, turret, and track hits from above @ the right distance......nothing happened to this tank.  I can stop Panzers but rarely get a kill unless a GV helps and Tigers are a waste of time. 

With the 87G the Tiger would be more vulnerable and other tanks would be 2 shots and a kill.. :rock :rock :rock
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »

Nope.

25 is cool but this is more agile. 

MK IId is junk against Armour.  I had engine, turret, and track hits from above @ the right distance......nothing happened to this tank.  I can stop Panzers but rarely get a kill unless a GV helps and Tigers are a waste of time. 

The IId is great against tanks. I can kill tigers with less then ten rounds from one.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 08:26:50 AM »
MK IId is junk against Armour

IID can kill any tank in AH2. The only one difficult to bust is T34, but it's still doable.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »
IID can kill any tank in AH2. The only one difficult to bust is T34, but it's still doable.

Agreed.  I haven't been able to kill any tanks with the B25h.  I looked up the gun it has, it seems to have very bad armor penetration values.

It seems to be only good for lightly armored vehicles and open tops.  But the problem with the open tops is that they are AAA's and find it easy to shoot down a slow big moving vulnerable flying tank.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
One hit kill everytime. :aok

JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »
learn how to use the Hurr IID and you wont need this  :noid
i bet all the people that want this strafe panzers from direct sides with IL2 and complain that it does no damage

The 37mm on the Ju-87G-1/2 would have no troubles taking out a panzer with a side shot or direct front shot.  While the 37mm was considered a failure as a 37mm anti-tank weapon mounted on ground vehicles or as a towed anti-tank gun, the complete opposite was true when the Flak 18 37mm cannon was mounted on the Ju-87.  Mounted on the Ju-87, the Flak 18 37mm became a devastating anti-tank weapon.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »

Pretty good considering you can kill a tiger or any other tank with one shot.

Got to love these generalized over exaggerations.

What range did the B-25H fire it's cannon at the Tiger?  Where did the 75mm rounds hit on the Tiger?  Was the Tiger previously damaged?

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
Agreed.  I haven't been able to kill any tanks with the B25h.  I looked up the gun it has, it seems to have very bad armor penetration values.

To kill a tank with the 75mm cannon on the B-25H, you have to be relatively close in when firing. 

Firing from ranges of 600 yards or close, I can take out a panzer with a single shot.  Usually coming in from the side or the rear gives a greater chance of the one shot kill but I've been able to take out a panzer with shots to the front but again, only at close ranges.  Same with the T-34 and Tiger, have to be close in and mainly go for the rear engine compartment and not once have any of those hits killed a T-34 or Tiger with a single shot unless they've already been damaged.  Usually it takes about 3-4 rounds to the rear engine of a T-34 or Tiger to kill it with the 75mm.

Unless TrueKill can produce a film him killing undamaged Tigers with one shot, I'm going to have to say it's a typical generalized over exaggeration on his part.

ack-ack

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
Got to love these generalized over exaggerations.

What range did the B-25H fire it's cannon at the Tiger?  Where did the 75mm rounds hit on the Tiger?  Was the Tiger previously damaged?

ack-ack

The B-25 can consistently and quite easily kill  undamaged Tigers  with one shot. There was a considerable debate about this after B-25 introduction but extensively testing (by myself as well as other sceptics) offline as well as in online arenas did prove it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »
learn how to use the Hurr IID and you wont need this  :noid
i bet all the people that want this strafe panzers from direct sides with IL2 and complain that it does no damage

I know how to fly the HurriIID.  I can generally kill a tank with one to two salvos (2 rounds per salvo).  I'd still like to see the Ju87G.  Variety is the spice of life.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »
SEARCH BUTTON.
Do you really need to post that?
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »
To kill a tank with the 75mm cannon on the B-25H, you have to be relatively close in when firing. 

Firing from ranges of 600 yards or close, I can take out a panzer with a single shot.  Usually coming in from the side or the rear gives a greater chance of the one shot kill but I've been able to take out a panzer with shots to the front but again, only at close ranges.  Same with the T-34 and Tiger, have to be close in and mainly go for the rear engine compartment and not once have any of those hits killed a T-34 or Tiger with a single shot unless they've already been damaged.  Usually it takes about 3-4 rounds to the rear engine of a T-34 or Tiger to kill it with the 75mm.

Unless TrueKill can produce a film him killing undamaged Tigers with one shot, I'm going to have to say it's a typical generalized over exaggeration on his part.

ack-ack

Can and have. :D
See Rule #4

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
Look at the pic. I went offline and took two shots. The first missed and the second made it go boom. If you want the film I can post it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
Link to 1 shot tiger kills.
http://www.mediafire.com/?44gz6y3kcb3

See Rule #4

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 07:13:30 PM »

Nope.

I have done it countless times.  It has also happened to me too.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?