Author Topic: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »
    If you're a newbie.  One thing you can do to increase your survival rate is learn the names of the best enemy pilots.  Check the Roster and score under fighter.  The guys you are looking for have a kill to death ratio of 5-1.   If you see somebody land with 7 or 8 kills, i recommend you write down their name.  You can BnZ these guys and get away with it, but you better do a good honest BnZ and get outta there if you don't kill em.  Don't stick around and dog fight with one or you'll likely end up DEAD.
    Don't return to a sector if you know a HOT SHOT enemy pilot is working there.  Unless you come back in a superior plane with alot of altitude advantage (not too much though, about 4K should do it), so you can easily disengage.   Like a P-57 versus a Zero.   You don't wanna still be climbing struggeling to reach your attack altitude when you enter the sector.  You wanna be level and fast to surprise these guys.   They do tend to fixate though on other newbies who try to hide under their own flak at bases and CV's.  So you might catch'em unaware.  But my advise is to avoid em like the plague until you get some experience.
     There are plenty of mediocre pilots out there you can practice on.  And even the AI in the offline arenas will give you a run for your money.  The advice about gaining experience by flying against the best in the MA is o.k, if you're interested in learning how to get yourself killed over and over again.  Just my opinion. 

Just...no I won't go there, but I will lol.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
my k.d is probably .1 and for the same reasons as agent gave  :lol
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
I can't believe that waldron' been here for just over 2 months and knows so much!!   :noid
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:22 PM »
         New pilots should not have to "prove" their "worthiness" by dying repeatedly for experienced pilots.   A new pilot having proved NOTHING, is still a valuable resource, just because he's shown up to play on your countries side.   That alone is enough to warrant his training.   

Its not proving your worthiness its proving that you want to learn. Whats your in game name mine is A8Nisky you look me up when your on i show you how to fight. Now you can't say anyone hasn't tried to help you. Offer is on the table.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
    If you're a newbie.  One thing you can do to increase your survival rate is learn the names of the best enemy pilots.  Check the Roster and score under fighter.  The guys you are looking for have a kill to death ratio of 5-1.   If you see somebody land with 7 or 8 kills, i recommend you write down their name.  You can BnZ these guys and get away with it, but you better do a good honest BnZ and get outta there if you don't kill em.  Don't stick around and dog fight with one or you'll likely end up DEAD.
    Don't return to a sector if you know a HOT SHOT enemy pilot is working there.  Unless you come back in a superior plane with alot of altitude advantage (not too much though, about 4K should do it), so you can easily disengage.   Like a P-57 versus a Zero.   You don't wanna still be climbing struggeling to reach your attack altitude when you enter the sector.  You wanna be level and fast to surprise these guys.   They do tend to fixate though on other newbies who try to hide under their own flak at bases and CV's.  So you might catch'em unaware.  But my advise is to avoid em like the plague until you get some experience.
     There are plenty of mediocre pilots out there you can practice on.  And even the AI in the offline arenas will give you a run for your money.  The advice about gaining experience by flying against the best in the MA is o.k, if you're interested in learning how to get yourself killed over and over again.  Just my opinion. 

This has "shade account" flamer written ALL OVER IT.    Where's the "P-57" you mention?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »
    See the subject posted just above mine in this forum (No Trainers), makes my point for me.  A new pilot, plenty motivated unable to get any training.  He writes down notes and reads everything.   He even said he's tried filming his moves in combat and the payoff was minimal.   I guess it was.  He's getting frustrated and annoyed. 
    Now i don't know this guy or what country he's flying for, but you can bet your backside he's fixin to make a change.  If somebody doesn't grab this guy and tutor him, he's gonna end up flying with somebody else.   This is sadly pretty common in the MA.  I changed countries three times the first two months i played looking for training myself.   So i know what this guy is talking about.
    I'm not writing this post for his benefit, but for yours (and the game in general).  Yes.  After 10 years on a major fire department, i learned a few things about personnel and developing human resources.   You don't demand respect from others, you EARN it.  You don't throw your men up ontop a burning building knowing the structure is unsound, just to put the fire out faster than someone else can.  Nobody should have to sacrifice themselves to prove they're worthy of being properly trained.  If that's your idea of leadership, all that proves is that you are UNWORTHY of leading them.  And people sort'a figure that kind'a stuff out.   

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »
    See the subject posted just above mine in this forum (No Trainers), makes my point for me.  A new pilot, plenty motivated unable to get any training.  He writes down notes and reads everything.   He even said he's tried filming his moves in combat and the payoff was minimal.   I guess it was.  He's getting frustrated and annoyed. 
    Now i don't know this guy or what country he's flying for, but you can bet your backside he's fixin to make a change.  If somebody doesn't grab this guy and tutor him, he's gonna end up flying with somebody else.   This is sadly pretty common in the MA.  I changed countries three times the first two months i played looking for training myself.   So i know what this guy is talking about.
    I'm not writing this post for his benefit, but for yours (and the game in general).  Yes.  After 10 years on a major fire department, i learned a few things about personnel and developing human resources.   You don't demand respect from others, you EARN it.  You don't throw your men up ontop a burning building knowing the structure is unsound, just to put the fire out faster than someone else can.  Nobody should have to sacrifice themselves to prove they're worthy of being properly trained.  If that's your idea of leadership, all that proves is that you are UNWORTHY of leading them.  And people sort'a figure that kind'a stuff out.   

Uhm, we are talking about game here...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 05:16:08 PM »
    <snip>and handing out nearly worthless advise, ...<snip>

No Comment.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »
 :noid
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
Did you think Aces High was going to be easy to learn like an X-Box first person shooter? You evidently get your head handed to you and blame everybody else as Hot Shot pilots. If you are not a troll then you are a Noob and have to face that fact. You are not going to be a SuperbKi11er (Sorry Gunit) playing for a couple of months. Or years in my case.

The mountain "trick"  is as old as the hills. In DOS Air Warrior ( 10 year old online game), the ground was a uniform green, no trees no depth perception. It was great fun to fly a Goon 100ft off the deck and watch some guy come screaming in at 400 mph and then realize he didn't have room to pull out.

However, it wasn't so funny when I was the guy screaming in and not checking my altimeter. But I learned to check my altimeter and I learned to fly Goons low.  :D

But each of us have to learn by dying in a "proper grotesque manner" many times over. Some will get good over time, some will remain mediocre, some will quit because "This game is too hard."  Other will just have fun, come what may.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »

OMG ...  :O ... a prophet of "timidness" in a virtual game where you really don't die and you can get as many airplanes as you can mouse click on in the hanger ... un-fricken'-believable.

ALL YOU NEWCOMERS ...

IGNORE THE FOOL BEHIND THE CURTAIN ..

FLY EACH AND EVERY PLANE LIKE YOU STOLE IT ...

SCORE MEANS CRAP IN THIS GAME ... DON'T BE FOOLED BY SOMEONES' SCORE

GO TO THE TRAINING ARENA AND HOOK UP WITH A TRAINER ... IT WILL BE TIME WELL SPENT

YOU REALLY DON'T DIE ... SO DON'T BE AFRAID TO DIE ... THE VERY "BEST" HAVE USUALLY DIED MORE THAN MOST ... THINK ABOUT THAT
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »

ALL YOU NEWCOMERS ...

IGNORE THE FOOL BEHIND THE CURTAIN ..

REMEMBER ... THIS IS JUST A GAME ... NO ONE REALLY DIES ... I REPEAT ... NO ONE REALLY DIES IN GAME ... GOT IT ?

HOOK UP WITH A SQUAD ... THEY ARE THE BEST TO BRING NEW FLYERS INTO THE FOLD

TRAINERS ARE THE "BOMB" ... BUT THEY HAVE REAL LIVES TOO

THIS GAME IS NOT EASY ... IT TAKES A FAIR AMOUNT OF TIME TO BECOME "GOOD" IN THIS GAME ... PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

FILM ... FILM SOME MORE ... WATCH YOUR FILMS ... WATCH OTHER'S FILMS ... U WILL LEARN ... IF YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »

Way you act i seriously would not even help you in training arena or main arena.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2008, 12:36:34 AM »
I just started laughing when I read this post.

Check my score. Its like .5 k/d....LOLOL. But that is because I fly from caped bases, fly low into hords, intentionally let people on my six, fly low, and fight any better pilot I spot. If I wanted 5.0 k/d i could have it.

Agent I'd love to see you prove that point. I believe it is in you to come close to your projections but it might cost you some fun once in a while. I come from a base taking squad and am not even close to the top 10% out there but sometimes do try to make it home alive and with kills. You have more of an opportunity to be one of the best IMO. If you want to give it a go fly in attack mode as much as possible when just playing around and Fighter on those more serious days.  Salute to ya bro

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2008, 02:22:42 AM »
Agent I'd love to see you prove that point. I believe it is in you to come close to your projections but it might cost you some fun once in a while. I come from a base taking squad and am not even close to the top 10% out there but sometimes do try to make it home alive and with kills. You have more of an opportunity to be one of the best IMO. If you want to give it a go fly in attack mode as much as possible when just playing around and Fighter on those more serious days.  Salute to ya bro

That's lame advice.  I spent 37 hours in fighters last camp (116 sorties) for a 105 fighter rank while I spent 7 hours in attack mode (7 sorties) for a 7th attack rank and 7th overall.  I flew into as many outnumbered situations as I did one on ones and had over 4.5 K/D, over 1.5 K/S and ~20% hit percent.

My advice is, if you want to play for rank don't compromise your game.  Get good enough that you don't have to.  When I started playing for rank I got similar advice to what you're giving.  I said no, I'm not going to compromise my game and instead set about getting better as a fighter pilot.  I'm still working on it but I feel like I'm finally getting close.

I just laugh at those who feel they have to "protect" their awsome fighter score so they can delude themselves that they are some sort of great fighter ace.  Most of those guys I've killed.  The ones that give me trouble, for the most part, are the ones who fly fighters as fighters most of the time and are ranked high as fighter pilots.  They are the aces; not some dweeb protecting his score as a gang tard in attack mode.

I also know Agent could do it if he wanted but I'm guessing he's not excited about buffs, PT boats, base captures, etc... all the areas that you do have to play to get into the upper ranks overall and are, at times, quite boring.  I try to use those times as breaks, or diversions because those aspects of the game really are quite easy to master.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.