Author Topic: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are  (Read 7367 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Conversely ...

I sought out any good/great stick (Drex, Leviathn, Shane, Mathman, Fariz, Sax, Toad, Rude, AKAK, Twinboom, Fester, etc) and took them head-on ... I got my arse handed to me over and over, but overtime, after engaging these guys and watching the films, my skill level increased dramatically. Had I played the "timid" game and worried whether I died or made it home, after 7 years, I doubt that my skill level would have progressed to the point it is now.

I am by far NOT one of the best in this game, but if you do fight me ... you will know that you are in a fight ... and we will fight until one of us is dead.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
I just started laughing when I read this post.

Check my score. Its like .5 k/d....LOLOL. But that is because I fly from caped bases, fly low into hords, intentionally let people on my six, fly low, and fight any better pilot I spot. If I wanted 5.0 k/d i could have it. But that number means nothing to me. What does matter is the "fight". I usually get 4 or 5 really great fights each night but sometimes none. And I fly A LOT of sorties. Does this mean I am a safe target????? heheheh well just catch me low and slow sometime and we shall see.

From day one I saught out the best pilots and engaged them anytime I could. The best way to alienate them is to follow your advice. If you fight them when you can and get there attention perhaps by acutally killing or even just showing good sportsmanship they will open thier doors to you. If you show cowardace tactics you can bet you won't get one bit of help.

\which is why i am always more than happy to get low and slow with you in the da cause i know ill get a good fight no matter what and maybe learn something. i have managed to kill you a few times and it's done wonders for me to gain some cofidence and see what im doing wrong.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
pilots that i look out for

1. murdr
2akak
3agent 360
4. moot
pretty much all the older guys

im happy when i kill em and even happier to die to em.

<S>

im so scared of k-4's and p38's lol oh yea and tal-152's :rofl :rofl :rofl

steve you should fight these guys show you how to own!!!!
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »
pilots that i look out for

1. murdr
2akak
3agent 360
4. moot
pretty much all the older guys

im happy when i kill em and even happier to die to em.

<S>

im so scared of k-4's and p38's lol oh yea and tal-152's :rofl :rofl :rofl

steve you should fight these guys show you how to own!!!!

Never be scared of anyone in a decent ride, I can go name 50 top pilots and their rides, and i look forward to running
into them every chance I get. Why? Your facing a master of his ride, only way your gona learn is fly against them.

Flying against number guys on 2 week trials in spit 16's all time wont get you anywhere.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »
:rofl Lusche let me get you a beer  :rofl  That was outstanding :aok

I bet he's going to want one of those fancy imported beers... like a Budweiser  :D

Don't let Slapshot fool you.  He's one of the best F6F/FM2 sticks in the game.  I wish he'd come join us in the LWA's sometime so I could fight him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:52:49 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
i dont know but slapshot went down pretty easy to my warble last night and i wasnt even moving :D :salute
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
I bet he's going to want one of those fancy imported beers... like a Budweiser  :D

Don't let Slapshot fool you.  He's one of the best F6F/FM2 sticks in the game.  I wish he'd come join us in the LWA's sometime so I could fight him.

I was in the blue arena for a couple of hours last night.

i dont know but slapshot went down pretty easy to my warble last night and i wasnt even moving :D :salute

I still am having a hard time trying to figure out dogfighting angles on stationary objects ...  :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »
 :) Orange arena was full where my squady LTAR's were, so i thought id warm up alittle and you were deacking a VB,  only reason i remembered your name was i was just reading this thread before i started playing the game,  maby theres a way to curve those bullets left or right :aok
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »
So basically I am hearing "I have done none of those things Lute, I have only flown since March, and I am unwilling to log the hours, days, months and years it takes to be "good" at this game".

I like to compare this game to a musical instrument.  If someone just started playing the piano 3 months ago, should they be able to play Chopin's Impromptu No. 4 in C sharp minor Op. 66? 

(sigh)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »
So basically I am hearing "I have done none of those things Lute, I have only flown since March, and I am unwilling to log the hours, days, months and years it takes to be "good" at this game".

I like to compare this game to a musical instrument.  If someone just started playing the piano 3 months ago, should they be able to play Chopin's Impromptu No. 4 in C sharp minor Op. 66? 

(sigh)

Could not have said it any better Lute <S> He just doesn't get it.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2008, 10:58:02 PM »
I skipped over a lot of posts....

But first of all...

I started flying online WW2 sims in '96.  90 plus percent of everything I've learned about air combat was by seeking out the better sticks and fighting with them.  Not by avoiding them.  It wasn't until like 3-4 years later until I decided to do some research into the theory and figure out why what I had learned actually works.  So I consider that piece of advise poor.

Another thing is that films do in fact show flap deployment on other planes.  A player cannot always watch a film and figure out exactly what they did wrong, but if they have a more experienced player look at it, they can.  I often fill requests to evaluate a film in that manner.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »
I wish the film viewer showed deflection of elevators, aileron and rudder, as well. It'd REALLY help with seeing what the pilot's doing during maneuvers.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2008, 05:42:40 AM »
Yep...  If the trails were color coded for the planes' speeds, that'd make ACM even clearer.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »
Yep...  If the trails were color coded for the planes' speeds, that'd make ACM even clearer.

that's a great idea :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »
The only way your EVER going to learn to be a decent, forget about great, pilot is to actually fight and die. Score shouldn't be a thought in your mind right now. 

You can BnZ or hit and run, but even then, while your booming, someone else is already climbing to get co-alt with you on your zoom. Someone with a faster, or better turning plane then yours. What do you do now, run for your life and hope to make it home, or shoot them down? 

If i were you, at this point in the game, i would pick 1 plane, turn stall limiter off,  turn on your flight recorder, and fly it to every furball. Fly there between 2k-6k  with 50% fuel and no drop tank, and engage anyone and everyone. Base defense is another way.  Your going to die ALOT, but your SA, gunnery, acm, and communication skills will double. Just get in there and fight till you die, or there are no enemies left to kill.

Review your films, and make mental notes of what worked and what didn't from sortie to sortie.

Try and stick to 1 plane for now.

and

Go to the Training Arena, and get some help there.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone