Author Topic: CH Fighter Stick setup  (Read 4585 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: CH Fighter Stick setup
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »
those diagrams are great. someone should sticky this at the top of the forum
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
I love my CH Gear....well not as much as I loved my old CH Gear. Either way it will out last almost everything on the market.

I've just recently found a use for that mini stick on the throttle. Unfortunately even though I set it there I keep forgetting to use it.

It's great for moving your head side to side to avoid the sun or increase  you line of sight plus moving your head position back and forth to zoom in for a shot w/o having to be zoomed in.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:33 AM »
.  To me the difference is night and day.  I, and I mean I, feel after using the CH Stick for a couple of days, the CH Stick is far superior than the X-52. 

Amen!

I use the 8 way on the throttle for the second set of views and the normal 8 way on stick for basic views.  I have the combat stick so my secondary trigger is the wrap around thumb button.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 02:27:23 AM »
I love my CH setup, tons of buttons and perfect quality. My question though is for the tiny joy on the throttle, any way to have that be mouse look? I'd like to use it to "look around" the cockpit since I can't get my TrackIR to work and sometimes my hat views just aren't enough.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 07:58:56 AM »
I love my CH setup, tons of buttons and perfect quality. My question though is for the tiny joy on the throttle, any way to have that be mouse look? I'd like to use it to "look around" the cockpit since I can't get my TrackIR to work and sometimes my hat views just aren't enough.

Try assinging the axis as, View: Pan left/right up/down

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »
Yes you can use the mini stick on the throttle. I use the CH control manager and set the mini stick to mouse. Works great for panning around. If you use AH to set up the controllers I suggest you learn how to use the CH control manager,you will be amazed at the things you can do. There is even a Control Manager for dummies out there.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 10:49:06 PM »

The F16 stick that the CH stick is modeled after is on the side of the cockpit at the pilots right knee and at an angle. It is not on a desk and vertical, which is why it feels unnatural and the 8-way hat has too much reach for most people.

I am seriously considering buying/making one of those nifty wooden contraptions that essentially mocks a cockpit for this reason.  Anyone know where to find one?

Tonight I started my third attempt at converting to CH gear.  At least this time I managed to get the thing working properly (read the instructions...  who knew?)

Coming from an X-45 with the rocker rudder (something I really, really liked), this is an entirely new ballgame.  I'm right back to two week newbie status.  I have to completely relearn the edge of the planes and how that translates to my joystick position.  It's extremely frustrating.

If any of you guys are transitioning in equipment right now, I would be eternally grateful to go several hundred ammo loads with you in the TA until we both figure out what we're doing. 
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
Yes you can use the mini stick on the throttle. I use the CH control manager and set the mini stick to mouse. Works great for panning around. If you use AH to set up the controllers I suggest you learn how to use the CH control manager,you will be amazed at the things you can do. There is even a Control Manager for dummies out there.

I use the Control Manager.  Where can I find the "Control Manager for Dummies"  :salute

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »
  I use the Control Manager.  Where can I find the "Control Manager for Dummies"  :salute
[/quote]

Below is the link - cut & paste in browser.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017

I also used a lot of info off of the CH forum site.  There are several profiles listed - just check the ones for Prop Sims.  I'm still learning the 50 or so commands that I have programed into my HOTAS.  CRS disease makes memory difficult at time  :P :P.  On the serious side if I can be of help contact me.

CH equip CTPTPP

:noid  :aok  :rock

Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »

Below is the link - cut & paste in browser.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017

I also used a lot of info off of the CH forum site.  There are several profiles listed - just check the ones for Prop Sims.  I'm still learning the 50 or so commands that I have programed into my HOTAS.  CRS disease makes memory difficult at time  :P :P.  On the serious side if I can be of help contact me.

CH equip CTPTPP

:noid  :aok  :rock

thanks Dusty  :salute