Author Topic: The FW-190 series is the most poorly flown plane in the game  (Read 7786 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Re: The FW-190 series is the most poorly flown plane in the game
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
Having read all of the posts on here, I'll state the following:

My comment about the strato-190 is perhaps unfair.  Even Soda recommends coming into a fight with a 190 at an alt advantage.  In the strato-190 case, that actually would be fighting it to its strengths.  I stand corrected there.

Interesting conversation. 
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »
An airplane that fast, and with that kind of climb and acceleration, does not necessarily NEED an alt advantage to have an E-advantage.

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2008, 10:52:21 PM »
This is the all knowing guide to the 190s.

I used to fly these alot, and I have learned these facts about each one:

190-A5-This is the turn fighter, be in mind its no spitfire, but its the best turn fighter of the 190s.

190-A8-This would be the bomber killer/base porker. The 30MM is great for doing both of these jobs.

190-D9-This is the fast one, this is the fastest 190 of them all.

190-F8-This is the GV killer, carrying 1 500kg (1000lb) bomb, and 4 50kg (100lb) bombs or 12 rockets (this is the most any plane in AH carrys).

TA-152-This is just a 190 on steroids, carrying a huge gun package, it is deadly. It doesnt turn well, but it is a great picker.

Offline deth13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:27 AM »
Ok, true enough.  I remember that exchange on 200 you're referring to, and you did say that.

I can assure you, though, that this isn't a griefer thread.  Of all the planes that I run into in the MA, the 190 is really one of the least feared by me specifically because of the reasons I already put forth.  I may not catch and kill alot of 190's, but I definately don't fear running into them.

Anyway, getting into a pissing contest with you gets me nowhere.  Tell ya what, next time I run into you in Bishland, maybe you'll let me wing up with you or a sortie or two and you can show me a few things.  I'm always willing to learn.
<S>

saw you tonight some and talked as well. anytime you wanna wing im up for it. i fly nothing but 190s. and always looking for an additional wing. <S>

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »
This is the all knowing guide to the 190s.

I used to fly these alot, and I have learned these facts about each one:

190-A5-This is the turn fighter, be in mind its no spitfire, but its the best turn fighter of the 190s.

190-A8-This would be the bomber killer/base porker. The 30MM is great for doing both of these jobs.

190-D9-This is the fast one, this is the fastest 190 of them all.

190-F8-This is the GV killer, carrying 1 500kg (1000lb) bomb, and 4 50kg (100lb) bombs or 12 rockets (this is the most any plane in AH carrys).

TA-152-This is just a 190 on steroids, carrying a huge gun package, it is deadly. It doesnt turn well, but it is a great picker.

This is not at all what's being discussed, nor is it even really what the original post was about. The thought is appreciated, but really try to read the thread wholly before replying.

Sorry to sound rude, but your response is just really really out of place given the depth of 190 philosophy that has been uncovered over the last 8 pages of responses.

Continue on with discussion I was enjoying reading.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:19:58 AM by trotter »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2008, 01:03:09 AM »
Never caught this one on film.  I'll tell you what.  If someone from the 80th wants to come forward and tell us his perspective on it, I'm all ears.

If you're going to slime the 80th, at least do it without hijacking this guy's thread.

That said, I've never done a horizontal turn with neg G but I have done nose low neg G push overs.

Not sure what dragged the 80th into this conversation, but without film or at least a name, I have little interest in your baseless accusations.

Now, if you want to accuse me of spying or hacking, the line ends back there.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2008, 08:23:21 AM »
You fly the La7 alot correct? Well, compared to a Spit16, it doesn't outclimb, out-turn, or out-roll it. The only thing the Lala has going against a Spit16 is top speed. DedA would always beat DedB in a Spixteen vrs. La7 fight, unless DedB ran. Therefore, any kills of Spixteen you have in La7 are meaningless because the opponent HAD to be less skilled than you or AFK for you to kill him with your Lala. Your logic, not mine.

Also, because, for example, the SpitV does not outdo the A6M5b in turning or indeed in any respect at typical MA alts EXCEPT top speed in level flight and dives, it is not a "fighter". You are just kidding yourself if you fly this because if you meet a Zero with an equal or better pilot at the stick, you will either Ho, run, or get owned eventually....once again, your logic, not mine.

Gee, I could compose quite a laundry list of things that "are not fighters" if the standard is "there are other planes they tend to be disadvantaged against in a 1v1 duel."

No arguments here.  Almost all the kills I have in the LA7 are from running down runners (mostly 51s and D9s).  I have also chased Spit5s in it.  The guy thought he would actually get away  :rofl  I totally agree with you.  99% of the kills of Spit16s were not a result of a fight.  I either rundown a vulcher/picker or the guy was really green.  The only fun out of it would be in the case of a guy trying to escape with hist 2 vulches.

On the second paragraph, we almost agree.  I would not have run or HO him.  You see, you don't know who you are against until after the fight.  So, if the guy was good, I would get owned at the end.  But if you go back and read my posts you will see that that is what I am looking for.  It would have been a good fight before I died.  Although, a D9 would probably dive in to save the day  :aok

That is why the MA is boring.  Although, I will admit, it is fun running down all the "aces"
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2008, 09:11:15 AM »
I don't remember who it was who did it, but it's not sliming.  I think it's an interesting yet strange maneuver.  It was on the southern part of the baltic map a couple months ago, I was flying a 109K-4, and a few of the 80th guys were around in P-38s (I want to say they were flying L's because they were white).  I brought up the neg g thing on 200 and received a reply like "What?!  You want me to stay in your gunsight?" :lol

That said, these same pilots were pressing the nits really hard, even though there were only 3 of them.  I enjoyed and appreciated what I saw for the most part.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:13:45 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »

HO'ing is lame but they did it WW2 so it's a valid tactic but it takes two to HO but anyone can avoid a HO and I love it when someone tries to HO me because they're lame and I can get right on their six and shoot them down because they're a noob and they're trying so hard to HO me that I'm looking two moves ahead at how I'm going to shoot them down and drink their beer so I HO anyone that gets in front of me because if they're in my gunsights then it's their fault but if you HO someone then you don't have any ACM skills and what is a HO anyway is it a shot when both guys can shoot each other or is it a front quarter shot and what if both guys are head on and can shoot but then one guy moves off-nose and the other guys shoots him is that a HO because see then that first guy couldn't shoot so it wasn't a HO it was a front quarter shot so then it wasn't a HO but that's just semantics isn't it?

Ok, I think I covered everything.

Dat was da longest sentence I ever read...................:)
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2008, 12:05:47 PM »
Think I have to disagree about the 190 being the most poorly flow bird. IMO the Spit (late models) and the LaLA's are.

Here is my logic. If these birds are so hot that if you regularly fly them many consider you a "spit dweeb" or a "LaLa dweeb" because of their great performance and a no talent stick like myself can kill you while I am flying an F6 or a 109 then you are definately underutilizing the capabilities of those aircraft.

So IMO The late model spits and LaLa's are the most poorly flown birds in here.  :cool:

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
For some people anything flying with front guns is concidered a dweeb plane . so is turning with a c47.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »
This is not at all what's being discussed

Well exuse my to try and teach some people how to fly the thing! and what do you mean not being discussed? the guy posted about 190s and not flying them well, so i post how to fly them well. And if this information has already been posted well then good for you, im not going to read all 8 pages to see if it has. GOOD DAY SIR!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »
The typical 190 I see in AH2 is nothing more then a human AMRAAM.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:45:45 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
The typical 190 I see in AH2 is nothing more then a human AMRAM.

AMRAAM?  You're too generous with your description, I would have thought Baka Bomb would've been more accurate.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »
lmao baka bomb

I didn't read any of these but I would just like to say that I rock and I can fly any plane (ok Im drunk)

see you guys online <S>  :aok
now posting as SirNuke