Author Topic: Top ranked player, No Class  (Read 4599 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Top ranked player, No Class
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
Took a few days to think about posting this for discussion...

Scenario:
Mid-War arena
My plane: Spitfire 9
Enemy plane: 2 P38J flying in pairs

I got shot down by one of them 2-3 times in a row.
I never said anything and kept trying to defeat. These 2 guys were in sync and after few passes, one of them was lining me up every time.
Good for them and "good for me ! " Learning experience and the scraps were video recorded :aok

Well the one who shot me down(2-3X) was obviously low in ammo and RTB.
The other one stayed.
I got up and this time the game wasn't so much fun for him :lol
I'm an average pilot and play this game for Spitfires. I luv my Spit9  :D
As for the P38J, I know the kite theory wise. Pros and cons....

After a few passes, the pilot in the 38J(above me with E at all times) comes out and comments: " Flat turns are for newbies spitfire dweebs "
He was getting upset because he couldn't line me up ! :rofl

I hope this pilot reads this !
If my actions were sooooo DWEEB or NEWBY or IF SPITS are for beginners only, why couldn't you finish me off ?

Then with time, I was at almost same alt but suddenly he was out of fuel(what he said) and had to rtb....

Conclusion: two average pilots met and either one gave each other a shot !

Real conclusion: One think he's better than the other because he's a TOP 3 fighter pilot in ranks/scores AND he lacks of patience :rofl

Ahhh we crossed each other after the initial scuffle.
He got me and I got him... :aok
I use the .squelch and play the game...
All of my scraps are recorded for my learning tool.
When I view them, ya should see the comments he throws at me ! Hilarious !

What he does for RANKS and SCORES is sad.
I'm fighter sweeping for 20min and looking at the map, bombers are on the way and he's taking time to gain alt. Suddenly patience pays off ! I see the enemy formation and I'm above.
Suddenly POUF !  X3 Pilot bails out ! all is recorded !
Got one proxie out of 3.
Guess who ? The same TOP RANKED player...
Then the comments starts  :o :o

I have been playing for 3yrs(back from an 8mths leave) now and enjoy the game.
I've met many of you and have given you good scraps(win or lose)
Ack-Ack, Hired Guns, Muppets, Bi-Polar, Leusche, Mace, Hamer6 and many LTARS
Vonholtz and the list goes on....

As for the sad player, of all the "perk points" you have accumulated, buy yourself a personality and respect others !
If I was as good as you with top ranks, I would be helping the ones looking up to you ! You were a beginner once too !
Grow up ! This game is for mature players only  ;)

Ahhhhh thanks guys !
Feel better now :lol :D

Phil
OPP7755

I DON'T LOOK UP TO THE TOP RANK GUYS.

they're not necessarily the good sticks, but rather they're the ones that know how to "game the game"

if i were to look up to anyone in this game, it'd be the 38 drivers THAT ACTUALLY FIGHT IN THEM....and you guys all know who i mean, my squaddies, as most of them are much better pilots than i am....even if one of them keeps shooting me down........and the trainer dudes that donate their time to help the rest of us learn.

actually, i DO look up to them,,.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »
Lordy Lordy lol

BP check back on the A20.....  doesn't seem all that long ago. I know your just losing sleep over this. Everyone knows I fly the 38 almost exclusively. They also know that the 80th generally flies on the low number team. That way it is easier to find fights. If for some reason the low number team does not have any fights going on then we may move to the next team, if they have a fight going. I even up a 38 when the base is being vulched. You can ask around.... many have those kills on me too.

You talk about TB alot. He flies alot of planes, I've seen him. He was a pure 38 driver for a long time and in a pinch I'm sure you can find he is in one mostly now. I was the one that got TB interested in the 38. When he started I was flying 38s.

<S>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:36:53 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »
WTG Phil, Glad your seeing what the rest of us have said all along....... :salute

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
Lordy Lordy lol

BP check back on the A20.....  doesn't seem all that long ago. I know your just losing sleep over this. Everyone knows I fly the 38 almost exclusively. They also know that the 80th generally flies on the low number team. That way it is easier to find fights. If for some reason the low number team does not have any fights going on then we may move to the next team, if they have a fight going. I even up a 38 when the base is being vulched. You can ask around.... many have those kills on me too.

You talk about TB alot. He flies alot of planes, I've seen him. He was a pure 38 driver for a long time and in a pinch I'm sure he'd be in one mostly now. I was the one that got TB interested in the 38. When he started I was flying 38s.

<S>

Not losing sleep just keeping records straight. I don't blame you for flying the 38 cause your one of the best in it. Would love to see you in more variety so I at least get a chance. Just bustin your chops hard that's all  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »
lol BP you do fine already in killing me as it is. You may be one of the reasons I drink margaritas  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
For all the investigators of this encounter, it's not Crims   :cool:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »

I knew that as soon as his name was mentioned.   Crims doesn't do that.   Personally, you'll never see me start a thread like this.   Nothing good will come of it.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »
I knew that as soon as his name was mentioned.   Crims doesn't do that.   Personally, you'll never see me start a thread like this.   Nothing good will come of it.   

one good thing can come from threads like this.

look at the 7 pages of free entertainment :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2008, 08:48:50 AM »
I've waited long enough.... Blame it on Karaya  :P

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
I don't know if it would be called "manipulating" my scores but I usually try to fly one aircraft as attack and the rest of my fighters as fighter mode.  This allows me to track my K/D, accuracy, and K/S with whatever plane I've chosen to keep track of for the tour.

I haven't been very good about this lately, maybe it's time to pay attention some and put some effort into improving.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
I don't know if it would be called "manipulating" my scores but I usually try to fly one aircraft as attack and the rest of my fighters as fighter mode.  This allows me to track my K/D, accuracy, and K/S with whatever plane I've chosen to keep track of for the tour.

I haven't been very good about this lately, maybe it's time to pay attention some and put some effort into improving.

my descision on whether or not to fly attack or fighter mode?

if i'm attacking/defending a base, i ALWAYS fly attack mode.

anything else, i fly fighter mode....unless i forget to switch them back and forth that is.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:33 AM »
lol BP you do fine already in killing me as it is. You may be one of the reasons I drink margaritas  :P

wish I did shoot you down more often, but alas I have to succumb to being just another average kill for you and many others. I like the A20 but need Cobia's school of A20 awareness bad.

<S>

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »

Crims seems like a stand up guy but he was flying with Shuffler that day cause I died in everything that came close to Batman and Robin. Could have been someone else flying a 38 but didn't see anyone else.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »
Well just for my part..... that does not sound like Crims. There were 2 other 38s in the area. Crims was not flying "with" me but he was in the area.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
could have been strict9 errr bigflammer but you two were the only 38's I ran into.