Author Topic: Wow....  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
Re: Wow....
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
pfff

Well said Bro. :aok

1+44=45  :noid could this actually mean something? :noid

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated.

Can they come with a stand and plague?  "I survived the '08 flame wars" or something fun?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
WHAT THE HELL!!! DO YOU THINK EVERYONE LIKES TO CHILL OUT? IM NOT SOME DAMN HIPPIE LIKE YOU!! I LIKE TO BE ANGRY AND EXCITED. I LIKE TO INSULT PEOPLES CHILDREN AND DROP BOMBS FROM MY FA/!8!!!!

I DONT NEED YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAMN HIPPIE NAZI CANADIAN BNZER!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :devil :devil

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
Someone seems a little tense.... :uhoh

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:32 PM »
ok, now this is definitely an argument.

Oooo, its on!

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Somebody needs a drink,,, and oh, IN

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
I just read down the AH General Discussion, the biggest threads were whines and rants and ALL of them ended in an Argument... I wonder how long this one will last w/o a single argument??

Why doesn't everyone just chill out? Have fun with the game, and don't spend your time here trying to have your way with a game, and don't try to put down other players... I've seen people talk about how much they love helping out newer players (or for that matter, EVERYone) and when someone asks for that help, they just are straight up mean or rude to them... (I've done it myself)

I bet that 50% of the people who quit the game without any sort of 'I'm quitting!' on General Discussion quit because of another player straight up pissing them off or trying to degrade them.

If you like to BnZ, let it be, you're having fun, it's your money. Everyone (including me) puts down BnZ'ers because it takes no skill, well okay... But what if you really like to BnZ? What if you really like to actually get kills because you're still learning the ACM for TnB? I understand people who put the people who vulch 2nd accounts for perks or rank, as those just ruin the aspect of the game. But you tell me, why do you act like this over the forums and over text, but when you get on to vox, 90% of the time, you're pretty nice to the person you were talking sh*t to 5 minutes ago on 200. I've had that happen with about 4 of my 5 big 200 rants/DA fights... Kinda confusing.  :confused:

Just seems that when people say this over the intardnet, is this what they'd say to someone's face in real life?  :huh

Smack talk is a HUGE part of thhis game. If it wasn't Scuzzy would have pulled the plug a long time ago, besides some of this is very funny.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
It's wrong... well that is to say, you're wrong.

it's a general statement.  But I really don't see many bnz guys taking very many chances, nor are they fighting from a disadvantaged situation.  You can't bnz someone from a disadvantage.  I guess If you were slow, and the other guy was fast, and the alt advantage was not a factor, then It might be risky.  To be clear, I'm not talking about the guys E fighting....more the HO and go, turn around after icon range is lost, or when enemy is engaged with someone else.  I can understand people not wanting to hand their scalp off to the hoard as well.  But if every flight you are looking to always fight with alt and E, run at any hint of a challenge, and only target those who are in a fight, I would have to wonder the motivation if it isn't one of the above.  Some may make take the route of flying historically, though historically there were furballs and there were also pilots who took risks.

To be clear, people should fly in the way they seem fit.  The purpose with my post, was that people should stop trying to defend how they fly (for whatever reason) and just admit to the reason why they fly that way.  Instead of going off trying to explain why it takes more skill to do one thing as another, or why SA is more important in a different style.  Flying well incorporates many skills, some in different ways.  So if someone jumps on 200 complaining that you (a general you) picked them, just say ya I did. 
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »
Not disagreeing, or trying to start anything, because I really could care less about the style one chooses to fight in, but wouldn't your quoted (in red) statement be the motto of a typical B&Z style player.

Just Wondering,

Fred

Well, it certainly could be. I was giving my opinion and not pretending to know what others felt about it.  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »
ok, now this is definitely an argument.

Nah, it's really just a disagreement.  :lol

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »
IN
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
it's a general statement.  But I really don't see many bnz guys taking very many chances, nor are they fighting from a disadvantaged situation.  You can't bnz someone from a disadvantage.  I guess If you were slow, and the other guy was fast, and the alt advantage was not a factor, then It might be risky.  To be clear, I'm not talking about the guys E fighting....more the HO and go, turn around after icon range is lost, or when enemy is engaged with someone else.  I can understand people not wanting to hand their scalp off to the hoard as well.  But if every flight you are looking to always fight with alt and E, run at any hint of a challenge, and only target those who are in a fight, I would have to wonder the motivation if it isn't one of the above.  Some may make take the route of flying historically, though historically there were furballs and there were also pilots who took risks.

To be clear, people should fly in the way they seem fit.  The purpose with my post, was that people should stop trying to defend how they fly (for whatever reason) and just admit to the reason why they fly that way.  Instead of going off trying to explain why it takes more skill to do one thing as another, or why SA is more important in a different style.  Flying well incorporates many skills, some in different ways.  So if someone jumps on 200 complaining that you (a general you) picked them, just say ya I did. 

OK, I understand now.   As far as SA goes, I think I brought it up but my only point was that SA plays a bigger role in the MA than it does in the DA. I in no way related SA as being a more important skill along with a particular style of play.

As far as styles go, I think it's important to have varying styles in the MA. Some people whine about BnZ'ers, some about other planes etc.. I think the variety is a positive aspect of MA play.

I do some whining of my own.  I whine about alt monkeys.(I want them to come down so I can kill them). I whine some about HO-TARDS, and  will in the future as I think HOing is the lamest form of gameplay besides score padding.*
I kept track for a couple of weeks and deduced that in over 96% of all my merges, the enemy was trying for a HO. This is one thing that has changed about the game. Ironically, in the past,  I have said that gameplay hasn't changed much.  This may be anecdotal but it may also be one telling factor that game play has indeed changed. I may have been wrong.

* Forcing a merge into the face of a plane like a 110 might be the exception.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2008, 06:44:58 PM »
IN

uhhh.. why did you feel the nees to post this.  There's not really any flaming going on in this thread.  Short on getting attention today?

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
I kept track for a couple of weeks and deduced that in over 96% of all my merges, the enemy was trying for a HO. This is one thing that has changed about the game. ...

Does that imply that in the past you did not see such a high percentage of HO attempts?
My experience from Warbirds was that an HO on the merge was very common. Any speculation on why the number of HO attempts has increased?