Author Topic: Finally, something to whine about!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Finally, something to whine about!
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »
Last night I ran into a 109K-4, then later a 109G-14 that showed some of the most timid flying I have ever seen.

The first one was the K-4.  We met at ~16K over a contested Bish base.  I was in my usual Spit XVI buff hunting.  We merged and the Knight K-4 stick pulled up.  I reversed and followed, somewhat behind him.  He continued a lazy spiral climb barely turning at all but doing so nonetheless until we reached 30K!  I could never seem to get closer than 2K from him but kept following him up as the XVI is a better extreme alt performer than any German aircraft (except maybe the 110).  At about 30K he finally reversed and I picked up his six 800 back.  Again he just kept flying away in his lazy spiral climb.  I broke off and RTB'd for fuel in a full power dive to my base, then slipped it hard and belly landed just as he was approaching the field ack.

Later, I was chasing, and finally killed three Rook Lancs.  During this I had a G-14 about 2K back.  Everytime I killed a Lanc I'd pull up, roll over and make my next pass.  Each time I pulled up the G-14 would back off.  Finally, once all the Lancs were dead the G-14 engaged.  We went 1 1/2 turns before I acquired his six and he dove to his field ack.  As he did I pulled up and climbed to my cruising alt just above the cloud layer as I only had six cannon rounds left.  He climbed and followed outside of icon distance.  As I hit my dar ring I nosed into a steep, full throttle dive to base, hard slipped and belly landed just as the base ack started to fire at him.

Now usually, 109 sticks are pretty good.  N00bs don't usually fly K-4's and G-14's.  Either can E fight a Spit XVI.  I've done it and had it done to me.  I just had to comment because that was some of the lamest, most timid 109 flying I have ever seen and twice in a row on both sides of the map.  Not only would neither of them fight, they both tried to chase me in for the vulch as I landed.

What were they thinking taking those planes up?  It certainly couldn't have been fun for them the way they flew.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Re: Finally, something to whine about!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:48:50 PM »
Both the G14 and K4 got the aimbot mod at the convention.

But, you have to download them from the aimbot ftp site, and nobody will give it to me!
  :furious
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
There you go again, complaining that people won't fight you when you're in a SpitXVI. :rolleyes:  And no, I was not flying in the LWA last night.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:12:12 PM »
There you go again, complaining that people won't fight you when you're in a SpitXVI. :rolleyes:  And no, I was not flying in the LWA last night.

Well, I was happily buff hunting.  They should have just left me alone.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
Just saying... If you want a good fight, you'll have to fly something that doesn't make the opponent think "this guy will own me with his 16 even if I'm an equal pilot."  That's not to say I never fight 16's 1vs1, I do, and sometimes I die, but if I win it's because my opponent was worse than I am. :lol
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:30:04 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
right with Anax on this one. Youre flying a spit16 at 16k and they are timid? So you are buff hunting...ok...so you say they should leave you alone....so why follow one all the way to 30k if you didnt intent to kill them. And lets be blunt, you're only mad because you were denied two easy kills. Try and look from their perspective, without film you will never know if it was a noob or a timid dweeb... [shrug]
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
You got to have a huge difference in skill in favour of the 109 to beat the Spit16, for me, i tend to regroup at the tower allways after meeting with the Spit16 in my 109.
-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »
So you are buff hunting...ok...so you say they should leave you alone....so why follow one all the way to 30k if you didnt intent to kill them. And lets be blunt, you're only mad because you were denied two easy kills. [shrug]

I followed him up because he initiated it, and after all I was right in doing so because as soon as I turned tail on him he got all brave and actually chased me all the way down from 30K.

I'm not mad at all, but if you're not willing to fight someone then you should'nt even engage them.  If you do engage and break off, then IMO it's pretty dweeby to try to follow them home afterwards for the landing vulch.

The K-4 can give a Spit a good fight using E tactics.  So can the G-14 although with a bit more difficulty.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:16:46 PM »
I have to agree.  I take a dweeb 16 up only a few times each tour.  I reserve it for those nights when I am the bug, not the windshield.

Baldy, you have been around long enough, and are likely quite good.  Fly a tour with only 20+ eny planes.  It's quite satisfying.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
I followed him up because he initiated it, and after all I was right in doing so because as soon as I turned tail on him he got all brave and actually chased me all the way down from 30K.

I'm not mad at all, but if you're not willing to fight someone then you should'nt even engage them.  If you do engage and break off, then IMO it's pretty dweeby to try to follow them home afterwards for the landing vulch.

The K-4 can give a Spit a good fight using E tactics.  So can the G-14 although with a bit more difficulty.

using dedalos's words, sounds like more keyboard ACM 

A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
Well, I was happily buff hunting.  They should have just left me alone.
Im sure those buff's were just happily bombing, you should of left them alone then. :devil
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
Just saying... If you want a good fight, you'll have to fly something that doesn't make the opponent think "this guy will own me with his 16 even if I'm an equal pilot." 

Why should BaldEagle have to switch planes to find a good fight?  Why can't it be the case of the other guy finding some balls and engaging instead of wussing out and not fighting because the other guy is flying a Spitfire Mk XVI?  I guess I just don't see it as a case of the problem being BaldEagle's because he's in a XVI but rather the case of the other player being too timid.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
There were a ton of things the 109 could have done instead of being yellow.  Just because it's a spit16 doesn't mean it's uber and has to be run from.  The 109 pilot was probably a clueless "vet."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »
I have to agree.  I take a dweeb 16 up only a few times each tour.  I reserve it for those nights when I am the bug, not the windshield.

Baldy, you have been around long enough, and are likely quite good.  Fly a tour with only 20+ eny planes.  It's quite satisfying.

You mean something like this (last tour):

AC      Kills in
A-20G      3
Bf 109E-4      1
Bf 109G-14      5
Bf 109G-2      2
Bf 109G-6      5
Bf 109K-4      3
Bf 110C-4b      1
Bf 110G-2      5
Boston III      1
Chute      1
F4F-4      4
F4U-1      6
F4U-1A      3
F4U-1C      7
F4U-4      5
F6F-5      13
FM2      3
Fw 190A-5      3
Fw 190A-8      4
Hurricane Mk IID      2
Il-2      4
Ki-61      4
Ki-84-Ia      7
M-16      1
M-3      2
M-8      3
Me 163B      4
Me 262      4
N1K2      6
Ostwind      5
P-38J      2
P-47-D11      6
P-47-D25      7
P-47-D40      2
P-51B      2
P-51D      4
Panzer IV H      13
PT Boat      2
Sherman VC      6
Ship Gunner      9
Spitfire Mk I      3
Spitfire Mk XVI      24
T-34/76      3
T-34/85      7
Tiger I      11
Typhoon IB      3
Wirbelwind      4
Yak-9T      2
Yak-9U      9

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »
Why should BaldEagle have to switch planes to find a good fight?  Why can't it be the case of the other guy finding some balls and engaging instead of wussing out and not fighting because the other guy is flying a Spitfire Mk XVI?  I guess I just don't see it as a case of the problem being BaldEagle's because he's in a XVI but rather the case of the other player being too timid.

ack-ack

Do you blame the turkey for running off when you come charging with a shotgun and a yellow jacket?

Get a grip sir, please. How long ago was it that you yourself were flying for score cards in a P51 or 190D and running when things looked ugly? End of a long sortie, you have 5 pelts and dont much fancy fighting another spit16, so you drag him to your ack and land 6 kills... We all been there and still go there when we lose our bottle.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.