Author Topic: Toys from your youth  (Read 3367 times)

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
Re: Toys from your youth
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
I had all the tonka stuff which was great but my favorite was a batman helicoter was on a wire and just did circles but I loved it. I couldn't find a picture. Was back in early 80s when I had it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »
I always think back to a toy I had in the 60s. Was a fan mounted on a platform and a joystick and throttle. You moved the fan with the joystick and used the throttle to increase and decrease the RPMs.  You had balloons with plastic legs taped on as the aircraft. You sit in the middle of the room and could use the fan to capture the balloon and fly it anywhere in the room and then land.

This article is about that toy. 1960s toy fan with balloon flies

Also had alot of fun with these....

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:38:35 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline yankedudel

• Copper Member
      • Yankee Air Museum
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »

Still have it in a box in the attic!!!

I tried to find a picture of my old Big Wheel Rambo Edition with the electric squirt guns but alas....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:44:42 PM by yankedudel »
Absorbing your bullets as...YAF1
79th FG - Fighting Falcons[/size]
Yankee Air Museum...Become a member[/size]

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »
im suprised we havent seen this one yet

(Image removed from quote.)

I'll see your Nintendo and raise you my old Atari.

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »
Yes to the Water Powered Rockets, and Balsa Airplanes, those were great!  Here are a few of my favorites from my youth.

Anyone Remember the Big Trak? 

The Evel Kneivel Motorcycle and Winnebego set.

Stretch Armstrong!

And my favorite toy of my youth, can't imagine how many hours we would spend setting hundreds of these things up in the garden or living room.  The original Plastic army men!
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
Does anyone remember the little plastic firemen? (I grew up in a firefighter family, spent more time at teh firehouse than at home) Seeing those army men reminded me- when I was bout 5, I shoved about 100 of them through the ventilatiion hole under the kitchen cabinets, not realizing that I'd never be anble to get them out again! They're still there almost 25 years later.

If they ever tear my dads house down, I'm getting them little SOBs back and giving them a good firm talking too...
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline dyna76

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »
Does anyone remember the little plastic firemen? (I grew up in a firefighter family, spent more time at teh firehouse than at home) Seeing those army men reminded me- when I was bout 5, I shoved about 100 of them through the ventilatiion hole under the kitchen cabinets, not realizing that I'd never be anble to get them out again! They're still there almost 25 years later.

If they ever tear my dads house down, I'm getting them little SOBs back and giving them a good firm talking too...

My 5 year old son has about 300 of those little firemen and equal numbers of policemen and astronauts. However he has inherited about 1000 of the army men and several tanks and other accoutrement of plastic army warfare from his 12 year old brother.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »

LOL The plastic firemen that emit toxic fumes when they burn!
See Rule #6

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
My 5 year old son has about 300 of those little firemen and equal numbers of policemen and astronauts. However he has inherited about 1000 of the army men and several tanks and other accoutrement of plastic army warfare from his 12 year old brother.

lol...that is awesome.

I'll bet most of the kids of people on this board have all kinds of military toys, mine sure do.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
I remember when I was about 7 or 8, we used to take our Red Ryder BB guns, remove the BB sized barrel and shroud to where there was just the metal outer sleeve left, pump them up about 50 times, and shoot rocks at each other, usually from point blank range.

Then one of our moms would ask what we were up to out there, we just answer "Nothin, just playin' army."

Really puts an end to those annoying "I shot you!" "Nuh-uh, you missed!" arguments.  :aok

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
I remember when I was about 7 or 8, we used to take our Red Ryder BB guns, remove the BB sized barrel and shroud to where there was just the metal outer sleeve left, pump them up about 50 times, and shoot rocks at each other, usually from point blank range.

Then one of our moms would ask what we were up to out there, we just answer "Nothin, just playin' army."

Really puts an end to those annoying "I shot you!" "Nuh-uh, you missed!" arguments.  :aok

"you'll shoot your eye out"

sorry couldn't resist the reference to Christmas Story
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »
"you'll shoot your eye out"

sorry couldn't resist the reference to Christmas Story

Never had that, but my friend Andy is still missing one of his front teeth all these years later. Did so much damage that the adult tooth never grew in.  :rolleyes:

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Cypher

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2009, 05:58:43 PM »
Greatest toy of all time

ARMY MEN :rock