Author Topic: Wing Option for squad's  (Read 7596 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Wing Option for squad's
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 09:42:20 AM »
I believe the OP is asking for a "buddy list"
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »
I believe the OP is asking for a "buddy list"
That crossed my mind a bit ago....mebbe a list with 50 or 60 (or 107  :rofl) of your closest buddies....prolly wouldn't be too hard to implement, but if a lot of folks used that search feature at once, have a to think a hard drive would be churning heap much somewhere in Grapevine
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:00:26 AM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »
I am all for it HTC.  A good idea. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
What a bunch of crybabies....yeesh....

First of all compose a full list ...there are at least ten other active squads with 2+ "squads" AK's, WoT, Unforgiven, 173rd etc etc

Second of all dont be such idiots...in "real life" if you have 32 pilots you have 32 pilots...they dont disappear or take breaks or get deployed..or go to college...or play every other month etc.  So the "having more then 32 guys on roster is gaming the game crapola" is idiocy.  If hitech doesnt want the social and functional aspect of the game to be there he could limit vox to range and squad channel only...a very easy fix.  The whole purpose of a squadron for me is the social context of the game and the teamwork.  If a guy likes flying with you and wants to hang out why deny them a spot??? Bops have 6 wings mainly because some guys wanted to do specialized things...gv...buff etc...many of our wings have under 10 members and if you want to take the time im gonna guess 20+ dont play any given camp (feel free to do the research)  We could easily shrink down to two wings...but some of the guys take pride in their wings so i dont push it.  The majority of BoPs are AW vets who have known me through the years and looked us up...we are a veteran squad and function as one...but i would say we are mainly a social group that likes to hang out....thats my main attraction to this game....

If after 1-2 years you haven't mastered anything you wanted to master in this game you are pathetic or can't afford proper equipment (computer, video card, J/S, pedals)....seriously....no i mean it seriously....If you take this game as a game of skill the you are horribly confused as to what skill is...this is a decent cartoon plane game...if you think you can take your skillz and go fly a real plane or go help the president in "Independence Day" you are nuts.

So grow up and whine about something useful....why not have a "friends" list that you can look folks up when you get online to choose an arena???  Why make guys .f individual names over and over again if you are going to have multiple arenas?  The guys who choose to fly solo and whine are the ones imho who are making this game like "quake".  They want to put in no time or build relationships but want instant fun their way...Maybe Quake or Doom is a better game for you...

ZZZZZZZ...

There isn't a single BOP that could wake me up from a nap... Keep preaching that skill means nothing...  Keep insisting that a player who wants to improve his ACM skill is "nuts"...

You guys horde because individually, you stink up the arena.

Tell ya what, I'll gather 32 members of the DFC, you gather 32 BOPs. We meet in the SEA arena. Care to guess how long it is before 32 BOPs are in the tower?

Bring an egg timer.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
HiTech better get busy.  Just a quick look at the squads page:

Claim Jumpers: 8 wings and 107 members
Bops:             6 wings and 72 members
LCA:              5 wings and 69 members
POTW:           3 wings and 67 members
Rolling Thunder 3 wings and 62 members
71st              3 wings and 60 members
The Unforgiven 3 wings and 55 members

I know not all meet the 70 member squads HiTech is threating but anything above 32 should be considered gaming the game. 

Quick question to the members of these mega squads:  Why oh why do you need that many people?  Is it your lack of skill?  Did other kids pick on you in school and you didn't have many friends?  Is anyone taking thier time to teach you while in said mega squad? 
Frankly, I'd be willing to take 7 hand picked CJs and fight them 7v1.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
ZZZZZZZ...

There isn't a single BOP that could wake me up from a nap... Keep preaching that skill means nothing...  Keep insisting that a player who wants to improve his ACM skill is "nuts"...

You guys horde because individually, you stink up the arena.

Tell ya what, I'll gather 32 members of the DFC, you gather 32 BOPs. We meet in the SEA arena. Care to guess how long it is before 32 BOPs are in the tower?

Bring an egg timer.

My regards,

Widewing

Typical "Quake" player mentality....lets line up 32 and shoot at each other til one is left..moronic.  Hey goober...guess what...been there..done that...doesn't really work....noone ever fields even 10 guys and the arguments afterwards are nuts...

Also who are you???? If youare some sort of skill dude i have never run into you online unless you have some shade you fly under.  There is no squad called DFC (sweetheart Flaming Club maybe???) :devil

So try this...form a squad and THEN enter into a discussion involving guys who actually play the game as it is designed and not 1/16th of it and claim that makes them uber.   Some of us "grew up" a decade ago and realized that ACM is a gamey concept at best and that what was best about this game was the comradery and fun to be had...

Good grief at least be in a squad before you decide to issue a squad challenge...what a tool...

It seems like the training corp should be called the whining corp lately...no wonder noone wants any part of the TA if tools like this are what are awaiting them.

Now one....more...time...really.. .slowly...for the training impaired...this discussion was about why not have the equivalent of a "friends" list to help folks find people they want to fly with.....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
Typical "Quake" player mentality....lets line up 32 and shoot at each other til one is left..moronic.  Hey goober...guess what...been there..done that...doesn't really work....noone ever fields even 10 guys and the arguments afterwards are nuts...

Also who are you???? If youare some sort of skill dude i have never run into you online unless you have some shade you fly under.  There is no squad called DFC (sweetheart Flaming Club maybe???) :devil

So try this...form a squad and THEN enter into a discussion involving guys who actually play the game as it is designed and not 1/16th of it and claim that makes them uber.   Some of us "grew up" a decade ago and realized that ACM is a gamey concept at best and that what was best about this game was the comradery and fun to be had...

Good grief at least be in a squad before you decide to issue a squad challenge...what a tool...

It seems like the training corp should be called the whining corp lately...no wonder noone wants any part of the TA if tools like this are what are awaiting them.

Now one....more...time...really.. .slowly...for the training impaired...this discussion was about why not have the equivalent of a "friends" list to help folks find people they want to fly with.....

Dog Fighters Club.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
Dog Fighters Club.

Again...no such thing...at least in the AH squad list....widewing is not a member of any active squad by search results....

So I guess DFC is another SAPP sort of thing which has more then 32 members but I guess they don't believe they are gaming the game because they dont register as a squad...

So when he issues a squad challenge from the "DFC" of which there is no squad i guess that means he wants to hand pick 32 furballers and go against 32 BoPs...again I'm sure relieved that this guy is an AH trainer...unless that training corp tag is like the DFC tag which is like the SAPP tag which is like "oh my gosh I wanna have a tag club" :rock :cry :t

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
Again...no such thing...at least in the AH squad list....widewing is not a member of any active squad by search results....

So I guess DFC is another SAPP sort of thing which has more then 32 members but I guess they don't believe they are gaming the game because they dont register as a squad...

So when he issues a squad challenge from the "DFC" of which there is no squad i guess that means he wants to hand pick 32 furballers and go against 32 BoPs...again I'm sure relieved that this guy is an AH trainer...unless that training corp tag is like the DFC tag which is like the SAPP tag which is like "oh my gosh I wanna have a tag club" :rock :cry :t
Hence "Club". It's a group, not a squad.
He means take 32 members from their club. Thats basically like taking 32 SAPP members vs 32 BoP members, yes.

FlyKommando.com

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »
So again it makes no sense...unless he wanted me to hand pick 32 fiters from CJs, JJs, BoPs, and all other multiwing squads to oppose him.....he is suggesting a scenario in which he can field a superior team by selecting from essentially a no boundary pool to illogically prove that  that means BoPs skill level is somehow lower then another similar squad.

Thanks for helping me confirm my suspicions :noid :aok

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »
Falcon sounds less and less competent each time I read a post of his.

Widewing has an understanding of this game leaps and bounds beyond mine and many others I'd say.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
Falcon sounds less and less competent each time I read a post of his.

Widewing has an understanding of this game leaps and bounds beyond mine and many others I'd say.

Once again I am being anklehumped by a proud pothead....roll another doob and hope the law doesn't get ya this time....no AH in jail.... :rofl :t

And to have a grasp of the game that is ;eaps above yours is not necessarily a compliment to widewing.... :D

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »
Once again I am being anklehumped by a proud pothead....roll another doob and hope the law doesn't get ya this time....no AH in jail.... :rofl :t

And to have a grasp of the game that is ;eaps above yours is not necessarily a compliment to widewing.... :D

Oh no!  Your making me so very paranoid!  I better fall in line and jump in a horde of conformity quick!

I doubt you'll accept but perhaps you'd like to meet in the DA to see my grasp of the game.  Win or lose it would be worth the time.  Ask J0ker.

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »

Come on Falconbluster, Take the challenge!

I promise you, there won't be just one left... The 32 thoroughly bored DFC members will start tearing each other up after the 3 minute gun-warming exercise called the BOPS.

Brother, are you full of baloney. We have lots of pilots, veterans and new players who come to the TA and discover that hiding in a crowd is okay for a wildebeest, but not for them.  

The Trainers Corp and our friends in the DFC are dedicated to producing top tier pilots, consisting of anyone who desires to be a solid pilot and improve game play. We improve game play by teaching players that you don't have to hide in the mob. You can meet an enemy head to head and win. Even if you don't, you at least fought the good fight. All the while being a gentleman and someone who values sportsmanship and camaraderie among players above the silliness of the mob mentality; pushed by those prefer to win at any cost. At any cost to the community and game play in general.

If the truth causes you pain, just say ouch. You won't die.

Ragging on the Training Corps only reinforces the argument that your style of play is counter-productive to the community as a whole.

Shame on you. How much time have you dedicated to new player or vets looking to improve? You give nothing and expect people to embrace your nonsense... Volunteer for something. Be useful. You're a vet. You can be a positive influence. I'm sure there are players in the BOPs who look to you for leadership. Try offering something positive, rather than negative.

My regards,

Widewing

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
Come on Falconbluster, Take the challenge!

I promise you, there won't be just one left... The 32 thoroughly bored DFC members will start tearing each other up after the 3 minute gun-warming exercise called the BOPS.

Brother, are you full of baloney. We have lots of pilots, veterans and new players who come to the TA and discover that hiding in a crowd is okay for a wildebeest, but not for them.  

The Trainers Corp and our friends in the DFC are dedicated to producing top tier pilots, consisting of anyone who desires to be a solid pilot and improve game play. We improve game play by teaching players that you don't have to hide in the mob. You can meet an enemy head to head and win. Even if you don't, you at least fought the good fight. All the while being a gentleman and someone who values sportsmanship and camaraderie among players above the silliness of the mob mentality; pushed by those prefer to win at any cost. At any cost to the community and game play in general.

If the truth causes you pain, just say ouch. You won't die.

Ragging on the Training Corps only reinforces the argument that your style of play is counter-productive to the community as a whole.

Shame on you. How much time have you dedicated to new player or vets looking to improve? You give nothing and expect people to embrace your nonsense... Volunteer for something. Be useful. You're a vet. You can be a positive influence. I'm sure there are players in the BOPs who look to you for leadership. Try offering something positive, rather than negative.

My regards,

Widewing

You are again spewing nonsense...I have never heard of the DFC...I have honestly never heard of you....

I have kept more guys active in this game then you have ever done and to boot my guys have fun.  BoPs grew to 6 wings during the time that bish were getting ganged nightly for almost a year.  I posted on the bbs during that period of time and was basically called a whiner and that bish were getting their due because they used to dominate etc.  I was essentially told by the "vets" to figure it out so we did.  Guys who joined our missions would often request to join our squad.  MAW was active then and BoPs were in many ways an anti-maw squad to combat their numbers. 

Many of my guys have left BoPs over time and started their own squads or joined established "furball" squads and they do it with my blessing. Dustoffs, Fly Circus and Jokers have many ex-bops on their rosters.  Our squad ch is open to any who want to tune and we host many smaller squads who like the chatter.  We conduct weekly training and I would be happy to have most active BoPs as wingmen.  We don't roll bases like we used to because thanks to hitech and his GOOD changes (40% both country win, larger maps) there isn't the need to because persistent ganging is not as much an issue as it once was.  We dont post missions much anymore so we havent recruited much...

I HAVE dueled plenty in the DA in the past and if you wish to go there shoot me a PM next time you are on...I'll pick the plane since you are superior skills by your assessment.  You assume alot about our skill level and gameplay and yet you seem to play very little in the MA according to your last few tours..though you seem to kill mainly gvs for a "furballer".

If you dont think the "furballers" and their "pick" squads dont do as much or more to discourage folks then you need to take off your blinders.  All that said they  pay the same amount i do and i dont want to do anything to discourage their idea of fun.  I just haven't encountered many who can take me 1 v 1 in the MA.  In fact the reason i flew the la7 so much for a while was because i got tired of being picked by 190-d9s and f4u-1cs and ponies who would run when you finally got co-alt.  The MA is a much different beast then the DA or TA.  It is much more a chess game then the Quake-like DA.

Maybe you could name some members of this DFC...my guys are out in the open for anyone to see. Then i might be able to see who the "competition" really is.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:35:05 PM by FALCONWING »