Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »
I for one have to give the new version a  :aok, I'm not sure what the fuss is.  I turned off the high res terrain and high res water and my frame rates are better than they were in AH2.  I believe the ground detail is MUCH more realistic, the more open maps are mure condusive to "realistic" tank battles, and in general the appearance of teh game is better.

There is a lot of crying over what?  A bit of change in the scenery???

Check the graphics settings, resolution settings, etc, etc.  Make sure ALL of the options have been explaored before you start to shed tears.  After all of that... if you need to spend $50 to upgrade XYZ, then guess what... your PC is going to be have to be upgraded someday anyway.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
I for one have to give the new version a  :aok, I'm not sure what the fuss is. 

The fuss is that some still can't play without having an "ancient" system ;)

<- anxiously waiting for the next patch  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 10:51:10 AM »
The fuss is that some still can't play without having an "ancient" system ;)

<- anxiously waiting for the next patch  :)
Here, here...I resemble that post.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
some ppl aint got the money to just go out and update there PC.i liked the old AH alot better and my PC ran it alot better when you turn off detailed terrain it makes it look like crap so really it hurt as many ppl as it helped.
G3-MF

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »
some ppl aint got the money to just go out and update there PC.i liked the old AH alot better and my PC ran it alot better when you turn off detailed terrain it makes it look like crap so really it hurt as many ppl as it helped.

Well as history always shows in all things, progress inevitably leaves some victims behind! Is the way of life! Also as history always proves those victims catch up or fall off to insignicance! It is just reality! If this game did not progress, the entire community would languish behind with an out of date inferior product! This would not be beneficial or fair to the MAJORITY!   :aok

I really hope those of you who are struggling find a way to improve your circumstance!   :salute

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »
If only 95% will run the release, then things would not be going as we plan.

HiTech

Fact is ..this is not happening ,I have heard many say they cant or wont play,I get good FR,if i kill GFX ,I find the ground looks real bad way more cartoon,Fact is no matter what the guys with more high end computers would have stayed without better eye candy (if they truly are all about air combat simulator),Those of use with lower end computers will not be able to stay now.I think taking a year for more development and waiting for the economy to recover a bit would have been the smart move.One month nothing much changes I'm done with AH no matter who thinks i should spend money i don't have to upgrade.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:32:50 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »
If the game is all about air combat and not graphics, it shouldn't matter how the ground looks right? So just run low detail. Problem solved :aok

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
If i did not keep hitting the ground because of how bad it looked i would agree.  :aok
This is a down grade for me,I'm not paying the same amount of money for something that was better for me a week ago.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:38:23 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »
If i did not keep hitting the ground because of how bad it looked i would agree.  :aok
This is a down grade for me,I'm not paying the same amount of money for something that was better for me a week ago.

Maybe those who say they'll quit, should just go quietly with the understanding that it is "THEIR" antiquated systems causing them problems! Coming in here beating up the efforts of a company who is truely trying to improve their product for most folks is doing nobody any justice! Just go in "peace and silence" then return when YOU get YOUR problems worked out!!  :aok

BTW-------------------------------------> see you in 6 months  :rock

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Well as history always shows in all things, progress inevitably leaves some victims behind! Is the way of life! Also as history always proves those victims catch up or fall off to insignicance! It is just reality! If this game did not progress, the entire community would languish behind with an out of date inferior product! This would not be beneficial or fair to the MAJORITY!   :aok

I really hope those of you who are struggling find a way to improve your circumstance!   :salute

"progress inevitably leaves some victims behind! Is the way of life! Also as history always proves those victims catch up or fall off to insignicance!"

GASP :
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »
Maybe those who say they'll quit, should just go quietly with the understanding that it is "THEIR" antiquated systems causing them problems! Coming in here beating up the efforts of a company who is truely trying to improve their product for most folks is doing nobody any justice! Just go in "peace and silence" then return when YOU get YOUR problems worked out!!  :aok

BTW-------------------------------------> see you in 6 months  :rock

If only 95% will run the release, then things would not be going as we plan.

HiTech

And this is a game i care about im not going quit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:06:02 PM by Sunka »

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »
These were all copied and pasted from the AHII home page.  I have to ask seriously, how much more notification/communication did you need?

Honestly I was aware of the Beta and thought when it got here that was close to finished and assumed it would stay Beta until all this was ironed out.

NOW PLEASE LESTEN CAREFULLY.

A load of people can now burst in and say how could this possibly be sorted at the beta stage and how could I possibly be stupid enough to think it would go smoothly.  Allot of people have grown up (or not) with this but huge sections of the population like games and play them but arnt necessarily interested in how it works or making it work. Some people actually expect things just to work.

This is obviously different which is OK  :aok, but if your not actually part of it it needs explaining  as in being specific.

"We are now introducing the new version, We anticipate a settiling in period, Please bare with us for a short time while we iron things out, we appreciate your feedback and thankyou in advance for your patience"

ON EVERY PATCH

NOW PLEASE LESTEN CAREFULLY again:

I hear allot of its worse than it was and I am leaving which could all be coverd by

"Please bare with us for a week or 2 and it will all be back to normal only better"

For me its ok already because I had slack in my spec. I see it take a big chunk of slack some days and not others so I can see its being worked out. I here people who are credible say even low end will eventually get a better compromise but not necessarily straight away.

I would suggest everyone gives it some time :pray  AND THE SOCIAL DARWINISTS SHUT UP :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:18:17 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
Get over yourself Yarbles...

How many other games have this many players AND are produced by a handful (literally less than 5) people?

Even so, they aren't inconsiderate of their customer base.  They're offering to help diagnose and debug the problem... but it requires everyone to work WITH them.  Things such as downloading the BETA and testing when given the chance are things that fall on the customer's shoulders.  All they can do is make it available for you, they can't MAKE you download and test it to help them find the problems.

So far, it seems to me that almost everyone who has at least TRIED to mess with their settings have found a setting which produces good results.

Plus 1
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 04:29:11 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:10:33 PM by Skuzzy »