Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 19385 times)

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »
And like I said before, let the stones fly!  Call names!  You obviously can't have civilized discussions about anything without saying "You don't know what your talking about" and such.  Doesn't bother me, your only defending your opinions by insults, not facts and such.  I have only stated my opinions and others begin to insult.  That shows no respect for anyone that thinks for himself.  How about you state some facts, and compare them with someone elses and let the masses decide huh?  Or better yet, PM Hitech and tell him what you think about this and see what he says.  If your right, fighter hangers won't be downed.  I doubt that would be the case though.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
Another clueless individual that has no idea what AH is about

Here's your chance for all us "noobs".  Tell us exactly what Ah is about.
   Without any wants or needs or how you view the game should be played.  Only facts.  Which means that you need to explain exactly Hitechs vision of what AH is about.  Inform us please, cause I would love to hear this so I don't upset those by doing something THEY feel is wrong. 

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:33:57 PM by canacka »
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »
Go read HITechs take on it... or have someone read it for you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »
Touché. :noid  Wish they would change that.  Base capture is the number one killer of good fights in the arenas.
It's also the number one creator of good fights.  I'm pretty sure the base capture system was chosen to encourage air combat.  The number one inhibitor of good fights is fear of getting wet in all-out fights. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
I want Hitechs word on this :devil

Some play the game to fulfill the actual parameters that it was designed for, which is to overcome and conquer bases, and eventually the country, thus winning the war/game.

This is a false assumption.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up.

HiTech

Were does the fun for all factor kick in when your being shot down by someone who has no mission in the game?
I drive 100 miles to work every day, that is my mission, to get to work, what if i go out and get hit head on by a kid just running around for the fun of it because he had nothing better to do? Who won the game there?

I believe neither won in your case, but it does in no way say your "mission" is better because you are driving 100 miles, vs the person who's mission is just to enjoy his car and the outdoors. Nor should you have to build 2 separate road systems for the 2 different reasons for driving. And really would it make any difference to you if you were hit by someone also on a work mission? Outcome is identical.

He defends no base, attacks no base for no other purpose than to furball/vultch.

And it makes no difference what his reasons  are. If he is uping from a base and killing people, he is having an influence on the fight and field defense. If he is killing people at a field, he is influencing a base attack.

And as to 2 different games/play styles. There are a lot more than just 2.

Think that pretty much sums it up and refutes the "Win the War (tm)" is the sole purpose of main arena game play.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:46:20 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »

Here's your chance for all us "noobs".  Tell us exactly what Ah is about.
   Without any wants or needs or how you view the game should be played.  Only facts.  Which means that you need to explain exactly Hitechs vision of what AH is about.  Inform us please, cause I would love to hear this so I don't upset those by doing something THEY feel is wrong. 

Thats an easy one.

Having FUN!

Granted, some would love a MSFlight Sim version where we are constantly messing with carb heat and choke as the Alt changes, some would love an arcade version, some would want everyone to fly historically and not have theatres mixed, some would love for everyone fly as if were real and getting home with 1 kill and landing is considered greater than getting 12 kills and dying. Some people want team work, some want to fly solo.

Great thing about this game, between special events, the selection of arenas and simply the choices made in the game as to where to fly and fight... everyone can have "Their" version of fun.

Hordes however, on some maps, can make that difficult at times, but the other 18 hours of the day its a-ok.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
If you want to drop hangers because you can justify it by taking the base, then more power to ya. 

If you are constantly getting on country channel complaining about furballers and then decide to hit hangers at their opponents base with the sole purpose of getting your countrymen to quit what they are having fun doing, change countries because you got called out, bomb and bail, deny it, are shown screenshots and film showing you did exactly what you claimed you don't do, still play innocent when the evidence is there, you might be a

If you defend this guy after all that has been presented, you may have...

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
Go read HITechs take on it... or have someone read it for you.

How did you know the one thing that would make me cry?  Could you make me feel better and read it for me?  Since you know I can't read, or maybe come up with a better insult?  I didn't comment on this to get insulted, just state my opinion but it shows how mature some can be when someone says that they can see the other sides point of view and the only come back is insults.  Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe, if you actually discuss things in a civilized manner without insults you could see results.  And I am a furballer myself, I was only saying I can see the other sides point of view but OH NO!!  Can't do that!  My way or the highway!  I was meerly trying to ease a little bit of pressure on both parts by giving different poitns of view( if YOU could read you would have read an earlier post I made).  
   Have some fun, it's only a game.  For those that want to be treated like adults, act like it, but the little my mommy is better then your mommy game?, played that years ago but I grew up.  Maybe you should try it, it actually is pretty cool.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2009, 08:49:11 PM »
A8HatTrick!   :aok :salute  You said my point exactly, course you did it in 1 post instead of the many I have tried but you hit the nail on the head!
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
How did you know the one thing that would make me cry?  Could you make me feel better and read it for me?  Since you know I can't read, or maybe come up with a better insult?  I didn't comment on this to get insulted, just state my opinion but it shows how mature some can be when someone says that they can see the other sides point of view and the only come back is insults.  Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe, if you actually discuss things in a civilized manner without insults you could see results.  And I am a furballer myself, I was only saying I can see the other sides point of view but OH NO!!  Can't do that!  My way or the highway!  I was meerly trying to ease a little bit of pressure on both parts by giving different poitns of view( if YOU could read you would have read an earlier post I made).  
   Have some fun, it's only a game.  For those that want to be treated like adults, act like it, but the little my mommy is better then your mommy game?, played that years ago but I grew up.  Maybe you should try it, it actually is pretty cool.

the problem is with you is that you utterly fail over and over and over again to get the point.  At this point, I've come to the realization that you and the others that fail to see the point will never understand, so any further attempts to show you is just a waste of mine and others time.  I've also come to the sad realization that it appears that a great deal of the players in this game are utterly and hopelessly stupid.  

ack-ack

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
Uhhh, ok?  To see ones point could mean to look at the others.  Have you done that?
71 Squadron RAF

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
the problem is with you is that you utterly fail over and over and over again to get the point.  At this point, I've come to the realization that you and the others that fail to see the point will never understand, so any further attempts to show you is just a waste of mine and others time.  I've also come to the sad realization that it appears that a great deal of the players in this game are utterly and hopelessly stupid.  

ack-ack

I tried using pictures.  Still doesnt work.  :aok

Offline 100hooch

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »
Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective in Aces High II.  -- HiTech

Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective in Aces High II.  -- HiTech

That seemed as intelligent as anything else I've read in this thread! :P

If the furball gets killed, help take the base, then go to the furball at the NEXT base!  I'm sure the other side won't just go home because they lost a base!

"It's not our job to die for our country.  It's our job to make the other poor dumb sonofasqueak die for his!" -- Gen. George S. Patton

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2009, 08:58:53 PM »
Isn't pretty sad when a noob has to tell vets to have fun and not sweat the small stuff? That's all I am saying, it's not the end of the world, or the furball for that matter! :aok :salute
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Uhhh, ok?  To see ones point could mean to look at the others.  Have you done that?

Yes, I've looked at it from their point of view and it still doesn't change the fact they are wrong.  But it seems that since you don't understand why this thread was created in the first place, you are completely incapable of understanding the argument in the first place.  Unless that is, you agree that players like DOGFITE and FORTRESS are totally in the right to intentionally grief other players because they aren't playing the game like DOGFITE and FORTRESS think they should.  Is that what you're agreeing with?  I hope not, because players that do agree with these tools are no better and are a detriment to the game and game play in the main arenas.

Let's say you and some friends are playing a game of hoops at the local park.  There is another group that is playing tag football.  You need a couple of more guys to balance out the teams for your game so you ask a couple of the guys playing football if they can help out.  They tell you sorry but no, they're having fun playing football.  Well, you think otherwise and feel that they should help you out so your group takes the football and let the air out.  Now you tell the other guys, well no more football so now you can help us play basketball.  Are you not surprised these guys then turn around and kick your arse?

ack-ack