Author Topic: It takes 2 to HO....  (Read 9079 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Re: It takes 2 to HO....
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 03:52:42 PM »
I HIGHLIGHTED one line.

that is kinda wrong. a good maneuvering contest will result in 2 winners, as both have just had fun.

Not always, not even close.
I never enjoy being shot down. If you do, so be it.

I much rather make a good move to disengage from an underdog position and rtb to land the kills than keep on making some more fancy maneuvers before curling down to such "fun" loss :p

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »
Srry didnt meant to ignore.  Just keep hammering away with it.  Find some guys really good in it and fight with them.  in MW biggamer can fly the thing like a zeke and shuffler is great in it to.  Me not so much but my "timid" style means I wont fight with a disadvatage unless I get forced or fooled into it.

My favourite ride right now, or the one that intruiges me most is the 109F, G2and G6 but I have to admit its a love hate thing.  Im not doing well in them.  After that I love all the USAAF and NAVY/MARINE rides.

More power to ya for trying to learn those birds.  For me, and the 80th guys as well as many of the other 38 drivers, it's a passion for the history of that particular bird.  I started the 80th as history has been a huge part of why I play.  The 80th flew 38s and 39s.  So I tend to fly 38s or 39s.  My main ride is the 38G.  To me the challenge is doing more with less and it gives me the best balance of being able to compete with the latewar birds, and making me work at it.  

Taking on the birds that are better turners or have more speed keeps me coming back.  Getting stuck in a turn fight with a 109F or G2 is always tough for me as they turn better then the 38G.  I prefer fighting the later 109s as I can get inside them if they turn fight.  If they play the vertical game then it becomes how do I stay 'alive' long enough to defeat that.  More often then not, I don't, but because I have unlimited lives, I keep trying as that is the challenge of the game for me.

K/D, number of kills, etc doesn't matter.  If it did, I'd fly differently and probably take a bird that would make getting better numbers easier.  

To each his own.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

I much rather make a good move to disengage from an underdog position and rtb to land the kills than keep on making some more fancy maneuvers before curling down to such "fun" loss :p

Nothing in the game compares to being the underdog with two or three cons on you in a turning fight and not giving up. If I go single engine I just keep fighting.. there is no getting out otherwise. Really makes the game for me if and when I win those and fly home. Even if I get shot down in those situations, I enjoy it if no one tried to ho.

I'd like to say that I came from H2H way before it was abandoned. I flew when there was only one main arena. When the split occured I flew in the LW arenas for awhile then found the fights in MW to be the most fun. I have since moved back to LW because of some issues in MW. I don't fly timid and am always in my 38 unless I up from a cv. Darn Navy folks wont let me have my 38 off the deck. I don't think I do too badly in LW. Anyone thinking just because someone flies in MW that they are not as adebt as someone in LW will find out differently if they ever come across one.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:12:32 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
it is easy to vilify the HO if you stick to the games better turn fighters.  
it is also pretty easy to use a planes strengths when it displays few of its historic weaknesses.

so ...

if you are the better turn-fighter a ho complaint gets little sympathy from me,
you could have, and probably should have, turned off.

if you fly one of the planes with understated weaknesses than i am not so impressed with your ability to keep a fight in your envelope,
you have a pretty big envelope so not very difficult, and not very impressive.

it takes two to ho may not be exactly accurate, as one guy can create a head on merge.  
however it only takes one guy to avoid a ho, so if you are still there well you want to be there,
you getting kilt and changing your mind does nothing to change the fact that you wanted to be there,
because if you didn't you would have broken off.  

right?

right!

soooo enough already ...

right?

right !

+S+

t
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:04:37 PM by thorsim »
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

i don't enjoy being shot down at all........but if i had a good fun fight on the way to being shot down, then it's kinda worth it, knowing i made ya work for it.
 on the same note, it makes it worth it when i have to work for the kills i get.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »
Taking on the birds that are better turners or have more speed keeps me coming back.  Getting stuck in a turn fight with a 109F or G2 is always tough for me as they turn better then the 38G.  I prefer fighting the later 109s as I can get inside them if they turn fight.  If they play the vertical game then it becomes how do I stay 'alive' long enough to defeat that.  More often then not, I don't, but because I have unlimited lives, I keep trying as that is the challenge of the game for me.

K/D, number of kills, etc doesn't matter.  If it did, I'd fly differently and probably take a bird that would make getting better numbers easier.  

To each his own.
Yes, if you are an 80th guy then your in about the best place you could be for 38s.  Agree with you on all counts  :salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
it takes two to ho may not be exactly accurate, as one guy can create a head on merge.  
however it only takes one guy to avoid a ho, so if you are still there well you want to be there,
you getting kilt and changing your mind does nothing to change the fact that you wanted to be there,

right?
Very much so and nicely written summary of the HO scenario  :salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »

right?

right!

soooo enough already ...

right?

right !

+S+

t

not exactly so.

there are those that are very very good at hitting you, no matter what you do to avoid.

i watched a run90 on saturday, try to set shuffler up for a ho. shuff dove under, and i think a little off ot the side. the 190, seemed to ram his stick forward, as i watched his nose pitch down, as if he was trying to make that shot, rather than fight it out. he had alt too.

i'll look and see if i have it on film, and post it if i do.

o yea.....they say it wasn't a ho, once the other guy tries to avoid.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »
Yeager never tells me "nicely written". 
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
Me not so much but my "timid" style means I wont fight with a disadvatage unless I get forced or fooled into it.

Weak.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 04:54:59 PM »
Instead of crying about my 'moves', you should think about improving yours so you won't fall victim to the 'same three moves' time and time again.  

ack-ack

I did see you in a B25H once.  I was very very impressed btw.  Is there any way to check player versus player stats? 

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
Weak.
fair enough.  Just remember Im in the game for MY enjoyment, not yours  :banana:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:58:52 PM by Yeager »

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
a failed evasive is a failed evasive, whether from a 12 o'clock threat or a 6 o'clock threat.

if one guy has a shot and the other guy doesn't it is not a ho, how they get to that situation is irrelevant to what is happening within guns range.  so if you gave up your solution, and tried to take the other guys solution away in the process but failed then it is still your failure.  

what do you want to employ here a "if you see down the other guys barrel you must fly a sector away and then you can come back to re-engage" rule?

either ho or don't if you don't and the other guy tries then you should have the angle advantage when you passed each other, that does not matter if he still gets the shot off though does it?

sooo make a good evasive, but don't cry because the other guys shot was better than your evasive.  

otherwise you could just make those complaints about any merge all day endlessly, and the rest of us would have to listen to that nonsense ...

just "shaddup" and die like a man, until you get better and die less.

+S+

t  

not exactly so.

there are those that are very very good at hitting you, no matter what you do to avoid.

i watched a run90 on saturday, try to set shuffler up for a ho. shuff dove under, and i think a little off ot the side. the 190, seemed to ram his stick forward, as i watched his nose pitch down, as if he was trying to make that shot, rather than fight it out. he had alt too.

i'll look and see if i have it on film, and post it if i do.

o yea.....they say it wasn't a ho, once the other guy tries to avoid.......
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »
fair enough.  Just remember Im in the game for MY enjoyment, not yours  :banana:

fair enough.  Just remember if everybody fought like that, you would not have any enjoyment as you would never find a fight with advantage.   :banana:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »
I did see you in a B25H once.  I was very very impressed btw.  Is there any way to check player versus player stats? 

Yep, in the score pages click on the Player stats under Individual Statistics.  It sorts the stats by kills in, kills of, killed by, and died in.  Clicking on any of those columns will further break it down by showing what plane, what the other guy flew and the names of who you shot down and those that shot you down.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song