Author Topic: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.  (Read 3127 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
Usually I agree with you Lusche  but this time I canno't
And so I'll SHOUT a BIT :)

Why should there be a difference between long and short range planes in favor of long ranged planes ?

It transform offensives planes like Yak9 and La7 in defensive planes and the Pee51 become a La7.

Plus the multiplier is not applied to altitude !

Ps :

The main trouble is it twist reality as it transform long range fighter into tactical fighter and tactical fighter in something witch never existed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:02:25 AM by straffo »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 09:07:38 AM »
Last time I checked, LA7's and Yaks WERE defensive planes.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 09:08:52 AM »
Last time I checked, LA7's and Yaks WERE defensive planes.

Sorry ?

not at all they were front line combat planes used as is by the Russians.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »
Spit16?  La-7?  Oh noes! :cry  Everyone is all for freedom of choice in AH until it means that someone might do something they don't like.

I'm not and never have been. :devil

But Anax, really, whether we're talking an La7 or a 109E, fuel burn is the only way we have to make range a meaningful consideration in the MA. Because no one is going to go up in the MA for 4 hour sorties in a P-47N.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:14:38 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:55 AM »
Why should there be a difference between long and short range planes in favor of long ranged planes ?

Because there was a real world one that had similar influence on operations as it does have now in AH

It transform offensives planes like Yak9 and La7 in defensive planes and the Pee51 become a La7.

La-7 was a short ranged tactical fighter in "real world", and so it is in AH. They didn't roam deep behind enemy lines, as did P-51 for example. Same goes for the Spitfire.

not at all they were front line combat planes used as is by the Russians.

And so it is here.You don't really want to tell me a La-5 or 7 can't fly to the "front" and fight there in Ah2?

Plus the multiplier is not applied to altitude !

Because that's impossible to do. Which didn't prevent me from getting to 20+k and fly & fight over enemy bases in a Spit 14. Because in some respect. the distances in AH are even more compressed than 2.0

Just for the record, my main ride for my first months  in AH2 was the LA-7, a definite short range fighter.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 09:16:38 AM »

Plus the multiplier is not applied to altitude

This is not practical to do. We could however, at least change the perk/ENY status to reflect the fact the vast majority of combat DOES take place 0-15K, instead of what he have now, with perked SpitXIVs and unperked La7s.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:23 AM »
I had this very same discussion with HT and the result was :
go buy a box of tissue

But it won't change one single fact : there was no fuel burn multiplier during WWII the allied and the axis never reached an agreement on this point :D

With tactical maps like we have tactical planes should be more interesting but with the FBM it's not.

PS: during last scenario FBM was set at 1 and no tragedy happened.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:41 AM »
PS: during last scenario FBM was set at 1 and no tragedy happened.

Scenarios are completely different from MA gameplay wise. Usually considerably longer sortie times and no free choice of planes.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
How longer sortie are detrimental to game play ?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »

Did I say so?

The longer sorties in scenarios are a result and a  part of different gameplay.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Btw in AH we can do something not realistic :

Up a p51 with 25% internal + DT ,reach the nearest base drop the DT and RTB without taking care of fuel management.

<edit>
it reminded me an old post :

What piss me is the delta between the 25% of the P51 and the 25% of the Typhoon : if he can have 64 gallon for 25% I WANT 64 Gallon for 25% TOO.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:32:46 AM by straffo »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »

Think about that a little...  What do you think is going to happen to the population of AH2 if every new player has to fly 20, 30, 45 minutes or longer to get into a fight?  What do you think that that new player is going to do after flying that far for a fight only to get his butt handed to him?  Most new players get very few kills and get totally dominated in their early days.  How many new players do you really think will stick around past the two week trial?

Get serious...

Of course, I'm sure there are a select group of folks who would prefer a smaller community...  I can assure you that Hitech isn't one of them.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »
Think about that a little...  What do you think is going to happen to the population of AH2 if every new player has to fly 20, 30, 45 minutes or longer to get into a fight?  What do you think that that new player is going to do after flying that far for a fight only to get his butt handed to him?  Most new players get very few kills and get totally dominated in their early days.  How many new players do you really think will stick around past the two week trial?

Get serious...

Of course, I'm sure there are a select group of folks who would prefer a smaller community...  I can assure you that Hitech isn't one of them.

where did you read I proposed to make the bases more than 25 miles from each other ?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »
where did you read I proposed to make the bases more than 25 miles from each other ?

Then we return to the point that eliminating the fuel burn multiplier while leaving the map as it is will eliminate range as a consideration in plane choice in the game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:14:55 AM by BnZs »