Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 9076 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
Yanks!

How ya been? :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
Kayara wouldn't make a difference. as of right now NOE missions don't make bases flash till old radar settings. the only thing i don't like is up at a base try to get some alt and the enemy can see where your going what your doing. should be able to up at a base and grab some alt and look for a fight.

as of now what i am seeing is the enemy sees your dot upping and they up in horde and grab massive alt. just to get some what of a co alt fight you have to climb to 15k now.

just think the radar at 20 miles is over kill. if you want to keep it at 20 miles that's fine i don't care extend the bases from each other.

:airplane: I agree leave it at 65' but back to original size. Much less clutter. (Yeah I know turn radar off no clutter at all)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
On Vulching,
  If you ain't doin it yer missin out on some great target practice,
If you ain't hittin yer target yer doin it wrong.   :aok

Ya know that yer under 65 feet sittin on the runway but we can still see ya  :D

froger
frogs are people too

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
Yanks!

How ya been? :)

Missed you Yanks. ;)

hey guys,, :x,just renwed acct,, :x,need 80th invite,,,and Del owes me a new blender!!!!

sorry for the highjack,,,dull topic anyway... :lol
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 01:31:34 AM »
I still see no way of improving the current system other than say damage points per hour instead of just damage maybe but this would encourage people to declare so to speak (a cricketing term) after maybe one hour of play and then go atack for the rest of the tour.

It has been suggested before but Hitech correctly pointed out that all this would do is slew the score results more toward points and kills per time while favoring one style of fighting over another. In the end all that would happen is the furballing canoppy-banging crowd would be screaming bloody-murder that fighter score means even less (which it would).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 06:41:43 AM »
Having read this thread I suddenly had an idea about an alternative way of ranking.

As it is now, the easiest way to improve your ranking, is to improve the stat in which you are ranked worst. All other even you gain more by increasing Hit% from 7 to 9 than if you increase your K/D from 10 to 30. And then there of course is the point catagory that more is a measure of time online.

Instead I thought of dividing each catagory by some "Gold standard", add the numbers together and the one with the lowest total is ranked best.

Example, with the standard set to:

K/D 20
K/S 5
K/H 20
Hit% 20
Dam 50000

we can look at the ranks from LW tour 125:

Grizz is at #1 and would get the following

K/D 20/10.93=1.83
K/S 5/4.31=1.16
K/H 20/16.56=1.21
Hit% 20/15.07=1.33
Dam 50000/61599=0.81
Total = 6.34

Doing the same to #2 and #3 we get:

TonyJoey
----

DrBone
----

In this case #3 would be ranked second instead. This all depends on what the "Gold standard" is set to of course. If the point catagory isn't set very high, it would actually negate the effect of time online in the extreme cases. If you have 1/4 of the standard you would get 4 points, if you have 2/3 standard you get 1.5. Twice the standard 0.5 ect.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »
the easiest way to improve your ranking, is to improve the stat in which you are ranked worst.

your system just changes that to

the easiest way to improve your score, is to improve the stat in which you are scored worst.

... :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
don't worry about the score,,,just have fun,,scores are to easy to minipulate,,,,they mean nothing
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
your system just changes that to

... :headscratch:

There would still be rank. The one with the lowest combined score is ranked #1, just the way it's done now, only it would actually improve your rank to get your K/D from 10 to 20. I know it will now too, but only very little.

BTW, the only tour I played for rank was when there were prize money for getting in the top10. :)
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 03:22:21 AM »
Score only matters if you have something like this by your side.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »
Hmm combat takes 2 planes 1 enemy 1 friendly.

NOE attacking undefended field one 1 country.

So you were saying?

HiTech

So vluching is combat then?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
So vluching is combat then?

Apparently it is.  :rofl

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:17 AM »
Interesting thread. The score uses a lot of factors and seems pretty comprehensive. HTC has probably put a lot of thought into tweaking the factors and thier weighting in a way that not only determines pilots skill, but promotes fun game play for all. But in my opinion, the real sorting factor in score is team flying vs individual flying. The guys with the best scores are all good sticks and good shots, but the watch how often Grizz is flying with Kappa, or the AKs fly in a group. When these guys fly in packs is when they run up the huge scores. If beating one of these guys is tough, beating 2 or 3 or 4 of them flying together is impossible even if you have enough friendlies around to outnumber them, if you're not coordinating properly. And very few in the MA can fly in a coordinated way.

Group/team/wingman/ flying, is a huge atvantage in the MA for those that do it well. It take a lot of experience to develop both the understanding of how to do it effectively, and to develop the relationships with those you need to fly with.  I think this is where (some of) the squads have their biggest impact on the game.  

I need to find some friends. If only I weren't so unlikeable   :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 12:23:12 PM »
Score only matters if you have something like this by your side.

semp

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice cell phone holder.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song