Author Topic: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.  (Read 16019 times)

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
Re: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »
YeaY....  :aok a second know it all basher  :aok Ok So what do you got for me??? All I did was point out the obvious and got nailed for it... like i said since you cant read it was addressed to the bombers.. And what was rude?? Never named anyone of the 100 who just bomb tard... did I?? Nope... but You ARE personally attacking me correct? For having an opinion? And it's called an analogy fool... the lion is any tank... like I said was addressing the bombers who fly over to kill a good gv battle and rack up kills (against tanks that are engaged with other tanks) with no other purpose in mind. kind of the same idea of dropping FH's for the sole purpose of killing a fuball correct? Same logic.. Never done it and wouldn't but gave you something to think about.. My question is why YOU think I was talking to you?? Ahhh, you must be one of the lame bomb tards.. The peices of the puzzle finally come together  :aok And by the way you said nothing useful in this thread.. just insults from another "AWSOME" player who ridicules me for saying something some noob can learn from so on the "I'll continue to train" statement.... yeah... EPIC FAIL! Unless it's for how to be smart a**....   :cheers:  
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:50:37 PM by DeViouS1 »
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
I have never been shot down by a Tank in the 8.5 years of playing.   I don't plan on it anytime soon. :banana:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »
Ok lets cut the crapolla here!!   :neener: <S> DeViouS               

I have to agree with Devious on a few points. As a Gv'er myself (And Yes, before some body asks I do suck in a fighter) it is very rude game play to enter into a tank fur ball where no base taking is going on and start dropping bombs.. Devious is also correct that many times the guys that do this are mad GV drivers who got their buts kicked on the ground so they get their revenge by bomb tarding.. I have been any many good tank battles in tank town, just to have my good time ruined by some bomb**** trying to pad his scores..

I have seen the furballers get mad when some guy kills their fun by dropping hangers on a base. This is kind of the same thing...Gv's taking a base are fair game and so are spawn campers. Tank Alley should be off limits to bomb tards... IMHO.

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
<S> Sky... I also kind of see camping a gv spawn as the equivalent to vulching as well only with much more ammo lol.. You also proved another of my points by having to degrading yourself as a bad fighter pilot before they have the chance to throw insults your way.. It's a damb shame it has to be like that... but I guess thats the price to pay for having an opinion on here now....
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
I have to agree with Devious on a few points. As a Gv'er myself (And Yes, before some body asks I do suck in a fighter) it is very rude game play to enter into a tank fur ball where no base taking is going on and start dropping bombs.. Devious is also correct that many times the guys that do this are mad GV drivers who got their buts kicked on the ground so they get their revenge by bomb tarding.. I have been any many good tank battles in tank town, just to have my good time ruined by some bomber trying to pad his scores..

I have seen the furballers get mad when some guy kills their fun by dropping hangers on a base. This is kind of the same thing...Gv's taking a base are fair game and so are spawn campers. Tank Alley should be off limits to bomb tards... IMHO.

Wrong.   I just enjoy dropping bombs on campers and watch them post their crap in here.   Look for a thread I've ever started even remotely close to it.   You cannot because I've never started one.   

I'm a "furballer" and could give a rat's posterior what anyone else thinks about me being a "furballer".   It's quite funny how it ALWAYS has to be a "Furballer vs now GV'er, instead of the BaseTaker".   Which side are the "GV'ers that camp spawns on?"
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 07:27:22 PM »
I have to agree with Devious on a few points. As a Gv'er myself (And Yes, before some body asks I do suck in a fighter) it is very rude game play to enter into a tank fur ball where no base taking is going on and start dropping bombs.. Devious is also correct that many times the guys that do this are mad GV drivers who got their buts kicked on the ground so they get their revenge by bomb tarding.. I have been any many good tank battles in tank town, just to have my good time ruined by some bomber trying to pad his scores..

There is a very simple solution to your problem.  Bring along a couple of flak panzies for AA protection or better yet, ask some squadron mates to fly a CAP over the battlefield to intercept the bombers. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »

If the pilot chooses to engage with a GV, then he is leaving it up to chance that the tank might hit him.

And yes it is possible. I'm driving west, plane is flying east - perfect 12 o clock, I lift up the turret, aim it carefully, then fire a round down range. If I'm lucky, I'll hit him. :joystick:

You think if WWII plane (or any plane for that matter) got hit with a tank round that it wouldn't fall out of the sky/explode and make pretty fireworks for the people on the ground? Nothing like raining body parts.  :rock :x

Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »
The issue remains: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PROPOSE HTC SHOULD DO ABOUT IT?!?! Answer me that.

gun elevations: accurate (shouldn't be changed)

Traverse rates: accuate (shouldn't be changed)

ROF: accurate (shouldn't be changed)

Damage model: accurate (a plane can't survive a 75mm HE round to the cocpit, so it shouldn't be changed)

Well, that just about kills your complaint unless HTC is willing to nerf the tanks.
Well the only thing I can think of & has been mentioned already is the tank gun site? I don't know how a real one actually operated & how it would have looked to see through an actual tank gun site. Any one got actual pictures of the real thing using the optics of the day?

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2010, 08:32:08 PM »
I bet you suck in a fighter.    :banana:    My God, if only some of us GAF about spawncamping our way to the "top".   
I'm sure you are a great pilot and very good at furballing, but please don't insult me for liking GVing.. I love tanks and always will before and after this game (if there is an after lol) That's like me saying "i bet you suck at GVing!" I'm not like that sir.. <S> And I would much rather have a good spawn fight then camp anything as well ... And a <S> to ack ack and Marine... ack ack that is something i haven't seen mentioned yet but can be easily done to remedy the situation.. And Marine, that's exactly the point I've been trying to make, is that it's luck.. Although some pilots make it easier to hit them by there low speeds and on the deck approach. You also hit my point by saying IF a pilot chooses to engage a GV... Key word is "IF"... It's done by choice.....

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

You think if WWII plane (or any plane for that matter) got hit with a tank round that it wouldn't fall out of the sky/explode and make pretty fireworks for the people on the ground? Nothing like raining body parts.  :rock :x

If it could happen yes. Now in AHII I have seen others & have had it happen to me as well the tank round bounces off the in coming plane. I guess it swings both ways.

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Ive been killed a few times by tankers using their main turret...the reason being is because i was approaching them with out any sort of evasion, meaning, i made it easy for them to shoot me.  Perhaps you people should just learn from your mistakes.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »
Perhaps you people should just learn from your mistakes.
You should read all of the thread & understand what I was doing prior to being shot down.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2010, 09:51:10 PM »
Read the whole thing lyric...Hello??? its a lucky shot! that's it!
heh...i could start here on you devious about some things you said to me in the game but i wont because id be skuzzified... :rolleyes: lucky shot my butt. i have been hit by tank shells as far as 2k out before and i have done the same to the enemy. the new M4 is perfect for it but id prefer the M8.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:41 AM »
You should read all of the thread & understand what I was doing prior to being shot down.

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »
OK I will play  :devil's advocate. I say it never happened because I can't find anything saying that it did. Ball is back in your court now go prove that it did. :neener:

I am not saying it happened or didn't happen ... what I am saying is that there is nothing (physics-wise & a whole lot of luck) that would not allow it.

Firing a tank round and considering its speed and flat trajectory for the distance it can shoot, I can't find any reason that someone with a good sense of Kentucky windage could not hit an aircraft.

They most likely didn't shoot at aircraft because their chances were slim to none, and wasting precious ammo that could/should be used for their real threat would not be a smart move.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."