Author Topic: Attention Duelling Arena pilots  (Read 9879 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Attention Duelling Arena pilots
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »
That's even worse. Because there clearly is insult. Multiple times. I have grown absolutely SICK of the AvA advertising... I consider it on the level of bad SPAM when I see these posts nonstop in the general forum for exactly the reasons posted above. The overall tone and attitude that I and many others read in his holier-than-thou posting is rife in every post he makes trying to get folks to come to the AvA.

I really get sick of that, so now it's at the point I loathe when I see a post like that, and I have to resist hitting the "report post" button and filling out "spamming advertisements".....

Not sure if I feel sorry for you or envy you that a post on a BBS can cause so much drama in your life.  :headscratch:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »
I have to resist hitting the "report post" button.

So what's stopping you? Seriously if his ads offend some of you so much go ahead and report him and see if it warrants action by HTC.  Or if you're so insulted by his AVA ads don't bother reading them. If you don't have the self control to ignore the thread then you always have the option of squelching his post on the BBS altogether then you'll never have to be offended again. Granted he's not the best communicator you're going to run across on this BBS. His ads are cheesy and in my opinion not very well thought out most of the time. I'd like to see ads for the AVA done more like ads for the Special Events Arena myself. However all this drama and offense you guys are displaying is worse than the original post. If you're as upset about it as you say you are then by all means report him. Take all this indignation you display and do something about it. Unless you're just posting this stuff for the drama.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
HT just needs to remove spits and Chogs in DA, all the idiots fly. You go into a furball and 50% is spits, 40% is Chogs, the rest are mixed planes.  Fly a plane that takes skill, why fly something anyone can fly? Yak-9U for example, or even P-38.  Planes you have to know what your doing.  Spits are the easiest plane in the game to fly by far, here is a reason its recommended to NEW players.  Almost 8 years I have played and I always fly hard to fly planes.  Why you ask?  I like a challenge, dont want to be able to just drop on people.  I used to fly P-47D-40 pre 47M....then switched to Yak-9U....Again its just why do you want to fly something SO EASY?

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:58:50 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »
Man I remember what I consider the good old days of the AVA when JG11, JG54, 353rd FG among others battled it out every night. Had the rolling plane set and the memorable BOB war setup. Went downhill for a variety of reasons but good to see it making a comeback. Thanks Jaeger , Jimson and the rest of you AVA staffers.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »
Man I remember what I consider the good old days of the AVA when JG11, JG54, 353rd FG among others battled it out every night. Had the rolling plane set and the memorable BOB war setup. Went downhill for a variety of reasons but good to see it making a comeback. Thanks Jaeger , Jimson and the rest of you AVA staffers.

+1, those where the good days when a fight was a fight and a kill was a kill.  Barley saw whining and crying like you do these days. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2010, 06:45:47 PM »
  Barley saw whining and crying like you do these days. 

See Rule #4

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
notice it says battles, not people.

as for the no icons thing, well the pilots that want to get better like them. the pilots that don't like getting killed hate them. everyone has their opinion on them. most people that like them have better SA and play the game for what it is. the guys that don't like no icons probably wouldn't have lasted very long in WW2 cause their SA isn't that great. its an acquired skill and some like it and some don't. no harm no fowl. you cant please everyone.

as for inviting the DA pilots to try it out, it was just that. a place to try something new and different. maybe increase your skills. maybe make some new friends. or not. its totally up to you.

as for my marketing expertise? i fix computers for a living and am not a marketing expert. nor do i claim to be one. next time i will consult with our resident expert, Who, so eloquently pointed out the errors of my ways. this is for a game, not national television, but you already knew that.

<edit>for the record, this post and my original one was not meant to insult or inflame anyone. if it makes everyone feel better, take out the word mindless. just ignore it. its just a word, it wont hurt you!  :D
Once again you shoot yourself in the foot more than once . Mindless battles ? Well since a battle doesn't have a mind , to what else should people think you are referring to other then themselves  ? As for it not hurting I agree but to insult me is hardly a way to get me to listen to your reasoning . Then we have the icon thing . Well it may just be that it has a lot more to do with monitor size or some  other graphics thing rather then hating to get killed . I recently upgraded my monitor to a good sized one then had to return it because of medical bills . I am here to tell you it makes a huge difference for me . I am unable to see much of anything until too late with no icons . I would love to be able to AvA but two things stop me . The old one is this . When I first tried it no one would explain what was going on to me . I got one reply" go to TA" . Well I wasn't a complete noob and what can I learn in TA about arena settings in AvA ? Number 2 is the monitor issue . However saying people who want to get better , like the icons ,people who are petty enough  to just hate getting killed , hate it . Once again you insult the very people you wish to attract . Call it marketing or people skills or power of persuasion . If you are trying to get people to change something they do or a pattern of behavior that is long established you need to do it differently .

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »
That would be the wisest thing I have read today.

No, I'm afraid AvA won't appeal to DA crew.

Pepsi/Coke thing.

With the recent changes to the MA those maps should be much smaller - forcing confrontation - that might get some to come over.
Gotta disagree . When I can once again afford a big monitor. I will be trying the AvA . I am a DA guy and an MA guy .

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »
Gotta disagree . When I can once again afford a big monitor. I will be trying the AvA . I am a DA guy and an MA guy .

That's fine, Hlbly, we'll wait for you, you're good people.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »
hey dood......we've flown together, and against each other.........

i tried the ava the other night. i was able to spot the bad guy a bit easier than i thought i would. i kept losing him during the fight, but in the end, i brought the ole 38 o doom home.
 after that fight, i found a low `109, and dropped in on him. he was VERY good at hiding in that thing....i'd make a pass, come up over the top, and look where i thought he should be, and nothing......

i fly on a 21" lcd monitor.

i think there's still 38G's in there, although yesterday they had nearly the entire set activated, so i took my trusty "J" up.

in all honesty, i thought it was going to suck, i climbed as quick as i could to 23k, based on some of what was in this thread, about the hi pickers. all of the fights were at 10k and below.....and there was no bs. no chest thumping, none of the ma type childishness on 200(although that gets entertaining sometimes).....just fun banter.

not trying to push ya....just giving ya my perception after a night there. i'll prolly be in there tomorrow night too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 11:47:39 PM »
I have been hanging around the DA lots lately, I like to fly La-7's and 5's, but recently I have taken a likeing to the Yak's,  I will be honest, 70% of the kills I get at the lake are picks, it is a nasty habit, but I also try to 1v1 some of the better players that come around, last night I had an awesome time fighting  TnDep and MickyD, I got beat most of the time, but I still had alot of fun and learnt alot from it. I wouldnt mind trying out the AvA, are there any Eastern Front set ups coming along anytime soon?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2010, 08:34:07 AM »
nothing scheduled, but that could change anytime. just pop in, take a look, stay if you like or leave if it doesn't turn you on. its your option.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Hmmm... lets examine more closely:

This clearly meant the people who don't like no icons have no interest in getting better.  Only the AvA crew have an interest in getting better.

This implies that everyone who doesn't like no icons is a runner or an ack hugger or plays only for score (i.e. they are timid).

Here he tells us that people in the AvA have better SA that everyone else.  Not only that, the players in the AvA play the game "for what it is".  This implies they play it as an air to air combat game while no one else in the community has that interest (remeber, others are only playing for scores).

Once again, the pilots in the AvA's SA is superior to everyone elses because they play with no icons.  Also, they would last longer in a "real fight" than everyone else in the game regardless of how skilled some of those who never venture into the AvA are.

So here we are discussing skill level again.  Only the guys who fly the AvA have what it takes to master this skill, therefore are superior.

And here we are again.  As if telling everyone else more than once already that they don't hold a candle to those in the AvA skill-wise, this time he targets the DA pilots specifically.

I have no issue with him posting asking people to come try out the AvA but as I said in my first post in this thread, his attitude is pretty condescending.  He's pretty much told everyone in the community other than the 12 guys who play in the AvA regularly that they suck.  And when it was pointed out to him he didn't even care.  Sorry, but if those are the types of community members you embrace then this game is going downhill and I've lost respect for you too.

All this is, of course, your opinion. Look at it with a more positive eye and I think you will see what Cap is saying. What's good for the arenas is good for AH. We can support it or not. Doesn't mean anyone is better or worse for it.

Part of the limited plane set has folks flying birds they don't usually fly. I was even on axis side for a long while flying 109s. I had a blast.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:36:30 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »
I was even on axis side for a long while flying 109s. I had a blast.

Yeah right....  I want pictures!  Shuff in a 109? :eek:

:lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
All this is, of course, your opinion. Look at it with a more positive eye and I think you will see what Cap is saying. What's good for the arenas is good for AH. We can support it or not. Doesn't mean anyone is better or worse for it.

Part of the limited plane set has folks flying birds they don't usually fly. I was even on axis side for a long while flying 109s. I had a blast.

ok......who are you, and where did you put the real shuffler? are you a pod person?

the real shuffler would never fly a 109.  :noid :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)