Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 1834 times)

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
This shouldn't be discussed! Its causing greif, prices are bad enough! By the time i can drive my own car gas is going to be like 5 dollars a gallon!

Just think, gas prices have nowhere to go but UP
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 09:46:13 PM »
I would like to see more diesel vehicles for sale in the USA also hydrogen as a fuel more researched. I was also researching a used cavalier with CNG (natural gas), unfortunatley there is no place to fill it up where I live.

Diesel Fiesta by Ford
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_37/b4099060491065.htm

diesel in my area is more expensive than gas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
yeah it's killing me.....

We have enough oil in our own country to last us over TWO THOUSAND years and put gas back UNDER a dollar a gallon.........but that would make too much sense....

we'd have to kick a few tree huggers outta the way to get at that oil though....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
so lets see.

there was the arab oil embargo in 73, 74 i think.

then in 78 they said there was an oil shortage. i started driving in 79. i remember sitting in lines a couple blocks long to get to the gas pumps. apparently there wasn't much of a shortage, seeing as we still have plenty. or could it be that oil is not a limited resource?

the technology out there, the oil companies, and producers know their time of massive incomes is limited. it's only a matter of time before a viable alternative source is found, and they;ll be out on their asses. they're gettin while the gettin's good.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:41 PM »
I'm lucky, I have a boat that will go 200 miles on a tank load.  The only draw back, it has a 200 gallon tank.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
Hydrogen power all the way!  Good Lord I'm glad I don't live in Cali. anymore.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »
diesel in my area is more expensive than gas.

It is here, too.  Which is ridiculous considering, correct me if I'm wrong, that diesel is a byproduct of gasoline? (you have to make gas before you can make diesel?)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
It is here, too.  Which is ridiculous considering, correct me if I'm wrong, that diesel is a byproduct of gasoline? (you have to make gas before you can make diesel?)

Yes! Which means Diesel should ALWAYS be cheaper than gas. It's how you know you're getting ripped off. It's more  :x to them that way.  :bhead :furious

we'd have to kick a few tree huggers outta the way to get at that oil though....

Yeah....they even protest the desert drills....because there is so much life out there.....They are a virus. I believe in nature preservation but there is a line...

This shouldn't be discussed! Its causing greif, prices are bad enough! By the time i can drive my own car gas is going to be like 5 dollars a gallon!
Gas has already hit $5 a gallon in the last year and a half. I remember driving my 1996 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4....I had to drive over 300 miles routinely...
I still have my truck but it doesn't go very far from the house anymore...
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 06:48:08 AM »
It is here, too.  Which is ridiculous considering, correct me if I'm wrong, that diesel is a byproduct of gasoline? (you have to make gas before you can make diesel?)
I was wondering the same thing myself since i own a gas and diesel truck, found this

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/why_does_diesel_fuel_cost_more_than.html

Not sure how accurate the info is, but it makes sence i suppose.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:50:29 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 08:01:15 AM »
Morning drive

$3.08

a mile later and a station sitting next to I-30

$3.29

RIP OFF  :furious
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »

it is. if you do a little research on diesel engines, you'll find that they weren't even designed to run on diesel fuel. they were originally designed to run on(i think...i'd have to go looking again) peanut oil. they were designed for farmers to be able to run on their own fuel.

it was one of the larger oil companies(i forget which one) that realized there was a market for their "waste" product which was created from refining gasoline.
 if you've seen these sites showing ya how to run on bio-diesel? it's made from cooking oil.

BTW....there's not much difference between diesel, kerosene, home heating oil, and i think even jet a fuel.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
I still don't understand how fuel that has already been produced at a lower price or fuel that is in the truck or the tank in the ground at a lower price can be worth more 24 hours later when its "speculated" on the commodities market. AND I don't have the patience to understand it this morning.

BTW gas was at $2.45 a gallon here in Birmingham 3 weeks ago; it was at $3.03 a gallon this past Monday and now its at $3.25 a gallon today. It ain't the "federal fuel tax" that is causing this to happen people!
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 08:08:30 AM »
I still don't understand how fuel that has already been produced at a lower price or fuel that is in the truck or the tank in the ground at a lower price can be worth more 24 hours later when its "speculated" on the commodities market.

BTW gas was at $2.45 a gallon here in Birmingham 3 weeks ago; it was at $3.03 a gallon this past Monday and now its at $3.25 a gallon today. It ain't the "federal fuel tax" that is causing this to happen people!

they price according to the cost of their next load.

if yesterdays load cost then $10k, and they know next weeks load is gonna cost them $12k, they price accordingly.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:35:40 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:35:50 AM by Skuzzy »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"