Author Topic: Is the vote over yet?  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Is the vote over yet?
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
no, no ftw for you, good sir!  :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
I think if the Meteor gets added it is the Mk III that makes sense.  That was the one that actually got shot at.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
True but we can still dream right?  :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
LOL. you call me foolish, and yet your so quick to assume everyone in-game who voted for the Meteor don't know what it is, or its combat history. and that you all are the only people qualified to decide what plane should be added and at what time.

I know the Meteor's combat history. I know of its role in WW2. I know of the role of both th beu and the me410. im a member of the BBS, and i still voted for the Meteor.(even tho originally i voted for the IAR-80).
I just proved your entire logic wrong. You, and half this board need to stop whining and assuming things so much. So we're getting a new jet. get over it. sheesh.

Crybabies, Crybabies every single one of you.

So much to say and so little time...but....you are right Tyrannis.  Thank goodness we've got you around to clear things up for us.  Without your wise words, we'd all still be headed down the wrong path.  We stand corrected  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »
Sorry, but im glad you 2 are not a part of HTC. Otherwise we'd have fixed voting polls reserved for only BBS members. the members of the BBS are not the only people who play the game.

And Gyrene, i like how you assume that people who vote for the meteor are automatic "dweebs" and "Squeekers". who's to determine who is a squeeker and who's not?

Im naming you Gyrene a squeeker, Because of how much you whine the word "Dweeb" and "squeeker". and for how much your whining about the meteor in general.

There gyrene, your now a squeeker, and are hereby not aloud to vote because of this.
Like i said, boo-hoo you guys arent getting your fat mossie that will be towered after the first week, and your fat 110 thats get an itty bitty 50mm on it.
Im not getting my IAR-80, but you dont seem me crying on the BBS all butthurt about it.

Your first line stopped me from reading any more of your post. You obviously did not read any of mine and you even quoted it. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
LOL. you call me foolish, and yet your so quick to assume everyone in-game who voted for the Meteor don't know what it is, or its combat history. and that you all are the only people qualified to decide what plane should be added and at what time.

I know the Meteor's combat history. I know of its role in WW2. I know of the role of both th beu and the me410. im a member of the BBS, and i still voted for the Meteor.(even tho originally i voted for the IAR-80).
I just proved your entire logic wrong. You, and half this board need to stop whining and assuming things so much. So we're getting a new jet. get over it. sheesh.

Crybabies, Crybabies every single one of you.

Again you have opened mouth only to insert your foot! Lets have a little class....

"Ahhh you foolish little T. They are not complaining so much about "not getting the plane they want", but complaining on the stupidity of a vote.

It's like asking them to vote for their favorite ice cream out of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, with only 20% of the people voting ever having tasted any of those flavors.

The problem the vast majority haven't a clue as to what they are voting for. "

Above is my post, please pay attention to the "bolded" phrases. By mentioning "20%" and "vast majority" I am saying  alot of the people voting havn't a clue. No where did I say "all of the people". Be that as it may, even having the information you have whose to say you made the right choice any way?  :devil

My entire post was that the people posting here are NOT complaining so much about which plane gets in, but how the vote will be decided by those lacking knowledge to make a clear decision based on facts other than "Hey that would be cool!".

Personally I don't care which gets in....tho I'm pretty sure it will be the Meteor. If it's fun to fly, I'll fly it, if not I won't, may subscription is paid up for another year either way.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
Again you have opened mouth only to insert your foot! Lets have a little class....

"Ahhh you foolish little T. They are not complaining so much about "not getting the plane they want", but complaining on the stupidity of a vote.

It's like asking them to vote for their favorite ice cream out of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, with only 20% of the people voting ever having tasted any of those flavors.

The problem the vast majority haven't a clue as to what they are voting for. "

Above is my post, please pay attention to the "bolded" phrases. By mentioning "20%" and "vast majority" I am saying  alot of the people voting havn't a clue. No where did I say "all of the people". Be that as it may, even having the information you have whose to say you made the right choice any way?  :devil

My entire post was that the people posting here are NOT complaining so much about which plane gets in, but how the vote will be decided by those lacking knowledge to make a clear decision based on facts other than "Hey that would be cool!".

Personally I don't care which gets in....tho I'm pretty sure it will be the Meteor. If it's fun to fly, I'll fly it, if not I won't, may subscription is paid up for another year either way.
Your argument is still GREATLY flawed from the fact that how do you know "Most" people dont know what the meteor is? or the beau? or the me410?

Are you a mind reader? If you are, then your argument is valid. If not, your argument is pure speculation. which is irrelevant.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
Your argument is still GREATLY flawed from the fact that how do you know "Most" people dont know what the meteor is? or the beau? or the me410?

Are you a mind reader? If you are, then your argument is valid. If not, your argument is pure speculation. which is irrelevant.

I voted to have Tyrannis removed from BBS can i get some vote support?
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »

I'm going on over 10 years of experience in this game and thousands upon thousands of hours in the arenas. Watch the text box and you can read how stupid or un-inform most of the players are. Heck I see people who have been here for years post questions I couldn't believe they didn't know the answer to.

Trust me, the "masses" are dumb, so dumb they just don't know it yet.  :aok

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »

I voted to have Tyrannis removed from BBS can i get some vote support?
i support this.

BTW, just because im not a historian/ww2 guru and didnt know what the meteor was, does that make me stupid fugi?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
just be happy the A26 or any other american plane wasn't in the vote.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:03 PM »
I'm going on over 10 years of experience in this game and thousands upon thousands of hours in the arenas. Watch the text box and you can read how stupid or un-inform most of the players are. Heck I see people who have been here for years post questions I couldn't believe they didn't know the answer to.

Trust me, the "masses" are dumb, so dumb they just don't know it yet.  :aok
I have played this game for 7 years, off and on. Granted, i started out in 8 player, and when that got deleted i could only play offline until late 08.
You shouldnt judge the whole community by the rambling on 200. Just like you shouldn't judge the whole community simply by those on the BBS. It's still a very flawed observation.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
just be happy the A26 or any other american plane wasn't in the vote.

I agree %100.  Thankfully the A26 never saw the light of day and lets hope HTC understands the importance of many many many other aircraft get added to AH prior to that damned thing.  ;)

:D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
i support this.

BTW, just because im not a historian/ww2 guru and didnt know what the meteor was, does that make me stupid fugi?

...well if the shoe fits  :devil

Maybe it was just a poor choice of words. How about instead of "stupid" we call them "un-informed"

I have played this game for 7 years, off and on. Granted, i started out in 8 player, and when that got deleted i could only play offline until late 08.
You shouldnt judge the whole community by the rambling on 200. Just like you shouldn't judge the whole community simply by those on the BBS. It's still a very flawed observation.

So your telling me that if you go to a party of 40-50 people, after an hour or so of walking around and listening to conversations you still haven't a clue as to which people you should avoid, which might be interesting, which may have things in common with you?

The BBS and the arenas are pretty much the same. I have met 20+ people from the game, and while what they looked like in some case really surprised me the type of person/personality didn't not. Sure there are some who claim to have "personas", but I think you would be surprised, as they might that in most cases what you see is what you get.

Human nature is what it is, it doesn't change very much.