Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15945 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
why would you compare the lowest to the highest :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

if I had to play on the lowest setting I would still take AH over RoF  or any of the other wanna be combat sims.

Read the question in my post and you'll find the answer.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:16:34 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »

if I had to play on the lowest setting I would still take AH over RoF  or any of the other wanna be combat sims.

I wouldn't call RoF a wanna be combat sim, it has graphics that are far superior than what AH can do and a flight and physics model that is just as good, if not better than AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
Clearly #2 is more realistic, but if you have the machine to play ROF as you see it in the screenshot, then you'll be able to run AH at full settings as well.

Take a screenshot of AH with full eyecandy and graphics maxed out, and then compare it to that RoF screenshot, and you'll get a better look at the difference we're talking about.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »
I won't argue... perhaps you're machine isn't capable of turning down the settings as far as I can.  Must have a different version of the game.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
Yes, they are the lowest possible settings.

well obviously when you compare the worst and best of two games the worst will look less immersive....

kinda silly to think otherwise

how many people online at one time in RoF...WoP....CoD.....??????

all three of those "combat sims" "flight sims" what ever you want to call them...I have

I will agree they look good...but this game is about the fight...Combat with hundreds and hundreds of players online at one time in one arena.....

hell cliffs as soon as I got over land literally it was a slide show....off line

HTC would lose half his customers if they went that route....he has an awesome balance for the most systems.....  

I personally think he is doing a great job at giving us a game that looks good but performs awesome.

I wouldn't call RoF a wanna be combat sim, it has graphics that are far superior than what AH can do and a flight and physics model that is just as good, if not better than AH.

ack-ack

its also much more limited then AH..IE ONLY WW1 planes limited types of ammo ECT ECT..and I would not say the graphics are far superior..better yes.....I totally disagree with the flight model being better.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQtBV73ofM

Looks pretty simmy to me, although I've never piloted an aircraft in such a fashion so it would be impossible for someone like me to compare RoF physics to real life.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:55:05 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
well obviously when you compare the worst and best of two games the worst will look less immersive....

kinda silly to think otherwise

how many people online at one time in RoF...WoP....CoD.....??????

all three of those "combat sims" "flight sims" what ever you want to call them...I have

I will agree they look good...but this game is about the fight...Combat with hundreds and hundreds of players online at one time in one arena.....

hell cliffs as soon as I got over land literally it was a slide show....off line

HTC would lose half his customers if they went that route....he has an awesome balance for the most systems.....  

I personally think he is doing a great job at giving us a game that looks good but performs awesome.

its also much more limited then AH..IE ONLY WW1 planes limited types of ammo ECT ECT..and I would not say the graphics are far superior..better yes.....I totally disagree with the flight model being better.

I was trying to make a point with Tank-Ace, obviously it went a little over your head...

I'm in the same boat as you. I much prefer Aces High's MMO style of gamepaly over 16-32-64 player servers; I feel so much more immersed when the actions I take can have an effect on the whole virtual world...

Going by what I read on various forums, CoD was a complete failure. Didn't the big cheese (what's his name?) leave the company after CoD was released?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:01:45 PM by Kazaa »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »
haha I was just reading their forums..... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

someone was happy they had 12 people on :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

Going by what I read on various forums, CoD was a complete failure. Didn't the big cheese (what's his name?) leave the company after CoD was released?

Oleg had stepped down during development of CoD.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
Oleg play Aces High, does that tell you something?

In my mind Aces High has something none of these other flight sims mentioned has... 400+ players online in one arena on a tuesday night in january. Combine the MMO aspect with the great connectivity, great gameplay and actually impressively realistic ACM simulation of WW2 era props... and you can't really compare it with any other flight sim. The MMO aspect of AH is what stands out. The game is being worked on and improved constantly so what are you complaining about really? I'm sure HTC are fully aware of what they have, and want to improve it just as much as you do, if not more. Sure it's good to hear what people want but really... you don't think they can figure that out themselves? Like Skuzzy already pointed out, most of it is artwork related and while time consuming perhaps not all that difficult to implement. The difficult part is to get to where AH already is, and that is value right there... the graphics actually has little to do with it. Think about it, what do you pay for? A paying customer is a happy customer, right?

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 49Jester

• Copper Member
      • Home of the Fightin' 49ers
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
not so sure about that, I just tried WoT, and its pretty darn good. Graphics and gameplay are all done well. Our GV's might want to sit up and take notice
49th Fighter Group Commanding Officer

http://49thfightergroup.weebly.com/

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
I've been playing it for a while, and I've been playing it less and less.

Honestly, WG doesn't know what the hell they're doing. I guarantee that less than 10% of its player base would stick around if it were pay to play.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »
Lol I play it too...got to tier 5 and walked away. Those kids can't handle someone with a good setup.

10 battles, 42 kills, 6 deaths

I am their God.  :lol

---

NONE of them understand what throttle control is either....they all just go full speed 100% of the time...

or that you shouldn't try to out turn a biplane in a 109... *facepalm*

---

The game sucks...big time. Easy for people who play AH though. VERY sluggish control response though.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »
i Heard snoopy sitting on his kennel playing at red baron summed it up well...
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."