Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4665 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
evz =  :noid

seriously!

Here's an idea, all squads are disbanded every month (or 2 or 3) automatically, and every player is assigned a country randomly and cannot switch. you can form/join a new squad on your new country, etc. but it will only last a month (or 2 or 3).

makes just as much sense.  :neener:

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
How about this?  How about you can only switch countires once per map???  If you start out on one map and you switch countries you are stuck there until the map changes.  When the map changes you can change to any country you want then you get only one change.  I think this keeps it simple but allows you to change just not jump around as game the game.

BigKev

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
How about this?  How about you can only switch countires once per map???  If you start out on one map and you switch countries you are stuck there until the map changes.  When the map changes you can change to any country you want then you get only one change.  I think this keeps it simple but allows you to change just not jump around as game the game.

BigKev

this has been talked about a lot in MW.  Most in there, except the nits because well, they just dont like a fair fight, would probably back this.  this may even help HTC, would promote the guy with 2 accounts to get a 3rd so he could have a shade on each country to spy with  :-)
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »
here's even a better idea..

eliminate EW and MW arenas altogether..

all shenanigans that everyone is paranoid about seem to happen there.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
this has been talked about a lot in MW.  Most in there, except the nits because well, they just dont like a fair fight, would probably back this.  this may even help HTC, would promote the guy with 2 accounts to get a 3rd so he could have a shade on each country to spy with  :-)

Hey if a guy wants to pay for three accounts then hey he rates to shade all he wants.  LOL.

BigKev

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 08:15:27 PM »
Maybe the country that wins the war should only be allowed to fly 40 ENY planes for the next war.  Let's see how loyal they would be then.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
Explain to me what is wrong with changing sides please.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
This behavior is isolated to 1 player that I know of, Tony.  I was in the squad for a very short time about 5 years ago.  He personally is guilty of what you claim but the other players associated with the squad are not.  Many of the players have left the squad for various reasons.  I have picked a few up in my squad and know for a fact they have never participated in what you claim.  Many others have defected to other countries and their word alone can not be trusted as they are disgruntled ex employes for lack of a better way to explain it. 

I never believe anyone who says, "they know for a fact" then do not provide any evidence to back up their claim..
+Silat
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
evz =  :noid

seriously!

Here's an idea, all squads are disbanded every month (or 2 or 3) automatically, and every player is assigned a country randomly and cannot switch. you can form/join a new squad on your new country, etc. but it will only last a month (or 2 or 3).

makes just as much sense.  :neener:

Or... We just force every squad to fly with Kvuo for 4 weeks...........  :x

+Silat

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
Explain to me what is wrong with changing sides please.

don't you know, the ONLY reason to change country is to spy on mishins and give away cv's! LOLOL  :noid

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:14 PM »
Some People just don't like TAXS ... you ever notice that?

Personally, I consider the environmental stability it will provide and the GAMEY tricks it will prevent to be worth the inconvienience it imposes on players who do not consider loyalty to be important. It applies to everyone equally, and that's as fair as it gets. If you have GOOD REASON to switch sides? I guess they are worth PAYING FOR ? aren't they?
;)

So you feel the need to define what loyalty is in a cartoon game? I like to change countries. I usually fight with the country that is getting slammed.
+Silat

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »
So you feel the need to define what loyalty is in a cartoon game? I like to change countries. I usually fight with the country that is getting slammed.

SPY!
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
It WON'T ...? Funny, I just watched Several players SWITCH and go AFK when it became apparent the map would be rolled within a 1/2 hr or so ... THEY seem to think they've been getting PERKS for it.
You can rack up PERKS in this situation  - If you serve the country you play for and accept the RISK of flying against overwhelming odds ... Not what I call PERK FARMING. IF you want to change sides so you can pork some undefended base or target a carrier that's on a course you programed BEFORE switching ... Hopefully it costs you more than you can earn.
Yeah! Eat the RICH !!! 66,000 perk points is absurd, you obviously NEED help spending them!
:rolleyes:

So there we have it. You are jealous of his perks and skillz.... You want to punish all of us because you think a few people that change sides should be punished.
+Silat

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
Yes ... Some people do, with the best of intentions, acknowledged. BUT ... that's also the EXCUSE used currently by ONE SIDE in the MWA (that frequently has an OVERWHELMING NUMBERS advantage) to send side swithchers to one of the other sides and TAKE IT OVER so they can then -GANG-BANG- the 3rd side on two fronts AND manipulate ENY while doing so. When this happens the regular players on that side either LOG OFF or are forced to LEAVE in order to disassociate themselves from such behavior. (just so much fun, isn't it?)

I play mostly in midwar, where 30 players on, total, is a LOT. Sideswitchers and their shades are pretty well known. NOOBS are watched fairly closely.
:)

Can you back up your assertions about numbers?? I suspect you havent played the game long enough to have seen the ebb and flow of such behavior.
+Silat

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

You're just fickle. And you like to get slammed.  :D